Silk Harvest Gone From Equinox

nicknack

No longer appears on the Equinox website.  Sure took Celebrity long enough to make the change.  I guess they're very busy giving refunds to probably hundreds of people who had made reservations up to just the past few days for future sailings.

... please enlighten us as to what these refunds would be for?

Surely not for one (1) restaurant 'possibly' or 'most likely' being removed from the ship.

bon appetite and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 1

As I said, Celebrity was taking reservations for  Silk Harvest up until just recently when it pulled the restaurant off its web site.  Surely you know they require OBC or a credit card to make specialty dining reservations. 

• Like 3

I was confused for a moment hear but you mean the silk harvest is no longer showing in the cruise planner section.  Looking on Celebrity's website it still shows under ships.  I was actually thinking about taking a cruise on the ship in Nov for a back to back on the Reflection after (Already booked).  What are the specialty rest going to be, I assume the are adding LPC on board then. 

Lighten up nicknack. What’s your point. It take two clicks to ‘refund’ deposits/reservations. 

By the way, the Silk Harvest Restaurant still shows as an option on Equinox on the Celebrity Website. It appears to allow you to make a reservation. 

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Thanks 1

That would be a given and automatic, since most of it is automated.

Maybe a mass email went out to advise of the change?

Maybe something posted to each CP concerning this?

Have you received your refund already or other options for your sailing?

bon appetite and bon voyage

3 hours ago, bikerunner said:

I was confused for a moment hear but you mean the silk harvest is no longer showing in the cruise planner section.  Looking on Celebrity's website it still shows under ships.  I was actually thinking about taking a cruise on the ship in Nov for a back to back on the Reflection after (Already booked).  What are the specialty rest going to be, I assume the are adding LPC on board then. 

We boarded Reflection today, and Qsine already is LPC. It is called Qsine - featuring LPC. The menu is fairly basic.

The website is usually the last thing that is changed and often has wrong info on it long after changes have been made on the ships.  X is not known for their accuracy when it comes to the website.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why anyone should be confused by Celebrity's confused website.  Can you still make a reservation for Silk Harvest  for any upcoming cruise?  The answer is no! It was removed from the Cruise Planner just within the last few days,  finally stopping reservations for an Equinox restaurant that no longer exists.

This is a real disappointment for me. Silk Harvest felt like a best-kept secret on the ship, and that's probably due to inadequate marketing for the restaurant. We visited on a lark on my last cruise because Murano was booked, so I tried it. I was blown away with the urban sleek atmosphere, the amazing service, the incredible value, and the completely fresh take on Asian fusion in the menu preparations. The menu descriptions belied how interestingly the dishes were prepared. I don't think people understood the concept, and Celebrity didn't do a very good job of selling it. 

To replace it with a Disney-style gimmick with a prix fixe menu of predictable surf and turf makes me sad since I thought Celebrity cruisers were more sophisitcated than that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, misterkevin said:

To replace it with a Disney-style gimmick with a prix fixe menu of predictable surf and turf makes me sad since I thought Celebrity cruisers were more sophisitcated than that. 

We were on the Reflection last Feb. and ate in LPC. They do have 2 menu's, but the 'show' is set for the first one. You can mix items or eat either one.

Both meals are way over-priced in our opinion. It is the 'presentation' that matters and determines the price I guess? We did it once, and probably will not again. However, kids might really enjoy it.

As for Silk Harvest, well, I guess some have differing opinions? We've been on many Celebrity ships and Silk Harvest never appealed to us? It also seemed to always be empty as well and most times they were offering discounts to eat there as the cruise days passed. We do like Asian food, but at the price they wanted it seemed out of line for an Asian restaurant? Yes, there are others with similar food that charge as much, like in Orlando at Disney Springs, Morimoto (and we do eat there), and the other places on Celebrity ships, like the Lawn Club and The Porch on the Reflection price wise. We'd rather eat in Murano's or Tuscany rather than the LPC due to the charge as well.

Did Celebrity make the 'right call'? Time will tell. LPC was not crowded either in Feb., but there were limited kids onboard as well. Maybe it will draw more in the summer?

Me, I'd have rather they added The Porch and Lawn Club (where the Glass show is), but there could be contractual reasons for doing what they did? I really like Qsine, but all those appear to be converting to LPC as well...

8 minutes ago, IrvSp said:

Both meals are way over-priced in our opinion.

[...]

As for Silk Harvest, well, I guess some have differing opinions? We've been on many Celebrity ships and Silk Harvest never appealed to us? It also seemed to always be empty as well and most times they were offering discounts to eat there as the cruise days passed. We do like Asian food, but at the price they wanted it seemed out of line for an Asian restaurant?

[...]

and the other places on Celebrity ships, like the Lawn Club and The Porch on the Reflection price wise. We'd rather eat in Murano's or Tuscany rather than the LPC due to the charge as well.

The prices are a determining factor in choosing a specialty restaurant for me as well. Murano is high at $50pp, but it is a bargain for the quality and service. Plus, I'll typically book it the first night to take advantage of a discount for $35pp. I think we paid $30pp for Silk Harvest, which is rather high for a standard Asian restaurant, but I felt the service and quality mediated that price. LPC is $55 which makes it the highest price I have ever seen for a specialty cruise restaurant. Part of my issue is just the continuous price creep lately on Celebrity. For example, if the premium beverage package has a $15 limit for drinks, why are there specialty cocktails which aren't included? The beverage packages are advertised as "One Price. Zero Worry."— but that's misleading. It's kind of a nuisance nickel-and-diming mentality I don't particularly feel fits for a "luxury" concept. Celebrity is a great product, but is it that great?

59 minutes ago, misterkevin said:

The prices are a determining factor in choosing a specialty restaurant for me as well. Murano is high at $50pp, but it is a bargain for the quality and service. Plus, I'll typically book it the first night to take advantage of a discount for $35pp.

Yes, price does matter and what you get for it too, positively agree.

This time we're doing Tuscany for the first night, $30 per. Murano's on my Birthday @ $50 per. After that, we'll see.

On the Reflection (and on the Equinox you can buy it too) we bought the 4 night dining package when on sale, I think $129 per. Average price was great, and ate in Murano's, Tuscany, Lawn Club, and LPC. It was an 11 night cruise so we had time, and that normally would have cost around $300. One night they offered the Lawn Club at 1/2 price, so we ate there again. Sushi on Five was always 50% off for lunch if you have an excursion ticket when you came back. However, on a summer cruise they might not be offering discounts. In Feb. it wasn't hard to get a reservation in any place, but the cruise was longer too, so maybe the reservations spread out more?

We had the 'free' Classic Drink Package on the Reflection. Yeah, had to watch what you ordered as I got hit with a charge on water. I was given Perrier which wasn't included when I asked for water. Didn't realize that. Most cocktails were around the $9 limit but like you said, not the 'better' ones.

This cruise we bypassed the 'free' perks. Agent compared prices without and with 2. Any 2 if one wasn't the Classic drink it was cheaper without taking the 2 'free' perks. Even if we did take the drink package and the tips or credit, you really had to be a big drinker it seemed. The difference with any 2 or 1 with the drink package as I recall was paying about $425 more for the cabin per, but any 2 without one being the drink package was at least $100 less than the fare increase. So if I took the $150 credit and $105 tips it would be a loss of $170. Internet was a better deal than tips, but we're Elite and get a 30% discount on it which didn't reduce the fare so we didn't take that. That for most with the Internet would be a break even with the extra charge. We also get some free drinks for Elite's at night so with this cruise being so port intensive the drinks that we need to buy it might not even have paid to get the Drink package. The cost to move up from the Classic to the Premium Drink Package was $10/per night plus tax which seemed high too.

Other cruise lines play the same 'game'.

20 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

The website is usually the last thing that is changed and often has wrong info on it long after changes have been made on the ships.  X is not known for their accuracy when it comes to the website.

Left hand, meet your right hand...

I would call them if you have a reservation. On the Edge, they switched Le Grand Bistro dinners to Le Petite Chef every night after many of us had scheduled a dinner at Le Grand Bistro. When I called about it, they switched us over to LPC at the Le Grand Bistro price ($30 or $35 PP) and others on CC also received the reduced price.

The Edge LPC was very good (and totally worth the $30-$35PP), but on the Infinity they had the show/menu that other ships have and the food was excellent. The bouillabaisse, lobster and steak were all delicious (and the show is amusing). If it were me, and I wanted to try LPC, I would call and see if they would let you switch to LPC for the Silk Harvest price you paid (I'm assuming it is less). They may or may not do the same thing they did for us.

Edited by vtcruising