Just back from Perfect Day At Coco Cay

20 minutes ago, Jerseygirl2624 said:

What number cabana would you say had the best view/space?

We couldn't pick our Cabana. They told us that they were assigned by the date we booked. I might have picked one in the front middle. Cabana #1 was a magnet for photo opps and people being turned away. Ironically, the Cabana manager stopped by and was not aware how they were assigned. He thought we picked it at the excursion desk.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Big_G said:

We couldn't pick our Cabana. They told us that they were assigned by the date we booked. I might have picked one in the front middle. Cabana #1 was a magnet for photo opps and people being turned away. Ironically, the Cabana manager stopped by and was not aware how they were assigned. He thought we picked it at the excursion desk.

Thanks for the speedy reply! We’re at terminal b looking for parking. So excited!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jerseygirl2624 said:

Thanks for the speedy reply! We’re at terminal b looking for parking. So excited!!!

We read read here that we needed to go to the excursion desk to pick our Cabana. We went and were told they were already assigned and that we would get our number on the island. The excursion agent said the information on what to do would be in our cabin. The information in the cabin said to go to the excursion desk. We went back down and all they wanted was a body count for our Cabana.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Big_G said:

We read read here that we needed to go to the excursion desk to pick our Cabana. We went and were told they were already assigned and that we would get our number on the island. The excursion agent said the information on what to do would be in our cabin. The information in the cabin said to go to the excursion desk. We went back down and all they wanted was a body count for our Cabana.

That sounds super easy and not confusing...not😂

1 minute ago, Jerseygirl2624 said:

That sounds super easy and not confusing...not😂

Interesting that you no longer pick out your cabana, that might be a big let down depending on what one you assigned to. Does anyone that has been there recently since the makeover was done know if the ones on Chill Island all have oceanfront views? Or do some of the less desirable ones that you might get not have an oceanfront view and instead face the opposite direction or something and not face the ocean? I’m trying to decide whether to cancel or not as the reason we selected these was to get one with an oceanfront view and would have to re evaluate whether it’s worth the money if it doesn’t have the view. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 🙂

11 minutes ago, 37645 said:

Interesting that you no longer pick out your cabana, that might be a big let down depending on what one you assigned to. Does anyone that has been there recently since the makeover was done know if the ones on Chill Island all have oceanfront views? Or do some of the less desirable ones that you might get not have an oceanfront view and instead face the opposite direction or something and not face the ocean? I’m trying to decide whether to cancel or not as the reason we selected these was to get one with an oceanfront view and would have to re evaluate whether it’s worth the money if it doesn’t have the view. 

There are two rows. The cabanas in the front row are spaced far enough apart from each other so the staggered back row also have a water views.

And yes the back row also has a view backwards view of the water including where the water sports are based.

Edited by Big_G

14 minutes ago, 37645 said:

Interesting that you no longer pick out your cabana, that might be a big let down depending on what one you assigned to. 

To add to my first reply, we were there Saturday and after our discussion with cabana manager, I’m not sure all ships assign them the same way.

12 minutes ago, Big_G said:

To add to my first reply, we were there Saturday and after our discussion with cabana manager, I’m not sure all ships assign them the same way.

Thanks for the info on the spacing. Appreciate it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisTheDBA said:

Which ship? We are on the Grandeur and will be sharing the island w/ Adventure on June 5th.

Navigator. 

Edited by Big_G
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 37645 said:

Actually I checked in this moring on MOS. We boarded close to 11 and I went straight to the excursion desk just in case. I was the second one in line. Once it was my turn, I said I was in the chill cabanas. She pulled out a map and guided me on the best ones to choose. Said 1-3 were very new so they didn’t have porch. So I picked 4, which she said was a good choice for space and views. Also told me it came with two mats. Super nice and very quick/informative.

Then we enjoyed the suite lunch on deck 3. Very few guests there. We met a handsome pinnacle who was very sweet to my kids-even gave them a candy stick. I saw the pin but don’t have a chance to catch his name. If you’re in this site, thanks again 😊

We’re  to check out the lounge. Plus my mom had a smooth keycheck in and enjoyed her chops lunch. Thank you everyone for helping have a great check in!!! I may do a review in a bit because it’s a hectic process for a new comer. But this site and you guys make it so much easier. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 6:32 AM, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Well said. When the price is $62/person for a cabana of 6 people that includes a full day on a sandy Caribbean island with the Water Park admission (which would be $39 or more in and of itself), unlimited bottled water, access to any towels needed, convenient access to all the water park activities and free food, a cabana attendant, and a base camp for the entire island with shade on a sunny island...it quickly becomes a no-brainer as far making the choice.

That's about the best explanation I have read regarding the cabana's - I may have to consider that for Harmony December 2020 - Thank you.

• Like 1

Just now, oviedo45 said:

That's about the best explanation I have read regarding the cabana's - I may have to consider that for Harmony December 2020 - Thank you.

You'll want to check the pricing periodically....as the Coco Cay cabana prices bounce up and down from time to time...and catching the low pricing is a matter of perseverance.

Just now, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

You'll want to check the pricing periodically....as the Coco Cay cabana prices bounce up and down from time to time...and catching the low pricing is a matter of perseverance.

Thanks I am the queen of low price shopping - waiting for my drinks package to go on sale too. 

• Like 1

I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed earlier but there are so many pages on this topic that it would take far too long to search.

My wife does not have much heat tolerance so I was wondering: are there any air conditioned buildings on Coca Cay we could go to in case she overheats. With all the shade and ceiling fans I doubt she will overheat (I'm also going to bring items to help her remain cool) but I'd like to know just in case. Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, Beukeboom said:

I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed earlier but there are so many pages on this topic that it would take far too long to search.

My wife does not have much heat tolerance so I was wondering: are there any air conditioned buildings on Coca Cay we could go to in case she overheats. With all the shade and ceiling fans I doubt she will overheat (I'm also going to bring items to help her remain cool) but I'd like to know just in case. Thanks in advance.

Get into the water to cool off.🙂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

My wife booked us a "Chill Island" cabana for $500. Are they nice?

9 hours ago, Big_G said:

There are two rows. The cabanas in the front row are spaced far enough apart from each other so the staggered back row also have a water views.

And yes the back row also has a view backwards view of the water including where the water sports are based.

Good to know. No horrible views.

On 5/18/2019 at 11:34 AM, Big_G said:

View from inside Cabana #1 at Chill Island. #1, 2, and 3 have no front deck. The rest all have them.

1558193575751-1499587760.jpg

Dumb question: was the ship in the distance anchored or is the dock THAT far away?