Just back from Perfect Day At Coco Cay

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

It's a Royal Caribbean rule. Must be 18 to be in the water park without adult supervision. Just another way to fleece the passenger.

Did not know that.  I'm glad I didn't grow up in the lawyer driven Nanny States of America we've turned into.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisTheDBA said:

South beach seems largely untouched right now but is next part of the island to get upgraded. No one can really say what will be open when you cruise. What is the date(about)?

On the island maps they said "OPENING DECEMBER of 2019".  I wouldn't hold my breath.

1 minute ago, PopeyeDaSailor said:

On the island maps they said "OPENING DECEMBER of 2019".  I wouldn't hold my breath.

There is a South Beach area now with chaises, day beds(?) and bungalows(not cabanas). The new additions will be a pay for admittance "South Beach Club"(suites might be included) and Over the Water Cabanas. No one knows whether they shut the area down to build the new facilities or cordon off the area and work around people.

7 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

Oasis, october 2020

By then the new parts should be open and hopefully, the current amenities updated. I do think that the beach slopes very slowly over there and you have to go very far out to get much above your waist. Over on the chill Island side, the swimming is better for snorkeling. 

With the new, exciting water park this area will likely have much fewer people and awesome for relaxation. 

No one knows about the new stuff yet.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Is the wave pool part of the water park? Is there a fee to use the wave pool?

Yes to the waterpark, and yes to fee according to the latest map. There was an earlier post on this thread with a great deal of information. It's 10 pages back - here is the link back to RCCL site. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/how-much-does-perfect-day-at-cococay-cost

Edited by ChrisTheDBA

3 hours ago, PopeyeDaSailor said:

Why did you need to walk your kids in?  They are just towers in the waterpark and easy and safe to get to.  When I was 16 I drove to NY City for the day with a buddy who just got his license.  My mom said, "Okay be careful and no drinking." 🙂

Apparently, RCI thinks you need to be 18 to safely navigate a water slide.

But they will let a 12 year old walk a cruise ship alone.

They say it's safety reasons, but who knows. They want you to pay and won't give you a spectator/guardian wrist band.

Someone also mentioned that they want to keep non paying people out to so they don't overpopulate the area.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Is the wave pool part of the water park? Is there a fee to use the wave pool?

Free is Splashaway bay and Captain Jill's Galleon  (Baby splash park).

The rest is part of Thrill Water Park is covered under the entrance fee including:

Daredevil's Tower

Wave Pool

Adventure Pool

Splash Summit

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:35 PM, nanowerx said:

Yeah, Royal can be shady with their wording. Sorry they swindled you.

Wish they would allow user reviews for excursions and cruise planner purchases. That would eliminate pretty much any questions anybody would have.

Carnival has GREAT reviews on their excursions.  I can sometimes find the same excursion at the Carnival website, complete with A LOT of reviews, when deciding whether to do one on a Royal C cruise 😉

I'm sure this has probably been discussed but why is pricing different depending on what ship you are going to be on?  Prices for our Mariner cruise in September are a lot less than the ones for our early December Harmony sailing.  Or are prices driven by dates?

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I'm sure this has probably been discussed but why is pricing different depending on what ship you are going to be on?  Prices for our Mariner cruise in September are a lot less than the ones for our early December Harmony sailing.  Or are prices driven by dates?

The bigger the ship the more people..higher demand...higher prices.  Plus driven by dates. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JoeFan said:

Someone also mentioned that they want to keep non paying people out to so they don't overpopulate the area.

This is just double talk. If they wanted to keep the population down they would lower the age needed for adult supervision to 16 which is the same age one is allowed to be in the solarium unsupervised. Chaperones  still take up space whether they pay or not.

10 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I have the same question about the drink packages.

4 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I have the same question about the drink packages.

The simple answer is because people will and are paying the higher price.  Extends beyond the drink packages...specialty restaurants and individual drinks are the first that come to mind that are priced higher on Oasis and Quantum class ships. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I think prices are driven by what the cruise line thinks they can get, and I think people are eager to pay whatever.

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I think prices are driven by what the cruise line thinks they can get, and I think people are eager to pay whatever.

Crazy  Not booking anything but was just looking   A cabana with water park for our Sept Mariner cruise is $373 and for our Dec Harmony cruise it's $502.  The island is very pretty but don't think we will be getting off if we are there when there are 2 ships docked and 10,000 peeps😇

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Crazy  Not booking anything but was just looking   A cabana with water park for our Sept Mariner cruise is $373 and for our Dec Harmony cruise it's $502.  The island is very pretty but don't think we will be getting off if we are there when there are 2 ships docked and 10,000 peeps😇

I thought much of the new attractions on the island were on previously undeveloped areas.  Didn't it seem larger now?

8 hours ago, cruisegirl1963 said:

Carnival has GREAT reviews on their excursions.  I can sometimes find the same excursion at the Carnival website, complete with A LOT of reviews, when deciding whether to do one on a Royal C cruise 😉

I wouldn't go that far, lol.

While I have nothing against Carnival and sail on them from time to time.  I had a pretty bad experience on an excursion with Carnival and when I reviewed it on their site they never posted it.  I submitted it again.  Also never posted it.  So now I dont trust their reviews.  Same day I posted two positive reviews for other excursions and those showed up just fine!

• Like 2