Just back from Perfect Day At Coco Cay

13 hours ago, jptoz said:

Does anyone know if there are multiple entrances to the water park. Rented a oasis lagoon  cabana, and just wondering if there a more direct route to the water park. thanks for any info.

There is another entrance/exit close to Oasis Lagoon. Here’s a photo of it. In the park it dumps you out near the family slides tower/adventure pool. It’s also more convenient for those looking for more food options than Snack Shack. We very much enjoyed our lunch at Skipper’s Grill today. Lots of options. 

FFE0945A-FF0D-4B59-A5F0-4C082C95E558.jpeg

Anyone know if there are shaded areas at the bottom of the slides and at the wave pool (aside from cabanas)?  Going end of August when it will be very hot and DH and I don't go on slides...but I like to watch our kids coming down (plus to keep an eye on them).  So some shade would be nice.

42 minutes ago, minnie00 said:

Are there towel stations on the island or do we have to bring from ship? Thanks

I just got off Harmony.   They had towel stations by the exit of the ship.   I'm not sure which ship you are on, it could be the same setup?

On 6/17/2019 at 10:08 PM, minnie00 said:

Are there towel stations on the island or do we have to bring from ship? Thanks

You get towels as you're getting off the ship. Once on the island, you can exchange wet towels for dry ones at several towel exchange stations located on the island. There's one in the waterpark near the wave pool. The map will show other locations. I'm not sure if you can receive towels at the towel stations (like check out new ones with your card). From what I understood, they were exchange locations, specifically. 

Edited by anricat

On 5/6/2019 at 3:38 PM, ginak1112 said:

We were there too! My husband and I had an absolutely Perfect day at Coco Cay! We loved the party atmosphere; it was like being at a South Beach pool party. We are in our 50's and partied with the youngsters and even some older ones too. The temperature was perfect, 81 degrees and sunny. We didn't even want to leave to eat but did grab a bite at the bbq which was much improved over the old Coco Cay. If they had had those slides back when my kids were little, they would have loved it. We didn't do anything except eat, drink and party lol, but the ones that did enjoy the ziplines and slides looked like they were having a great time. They treated us to a beautiful fireworks display as we were ready to depart that night! I will try to post some pics.

How close is chill island to the pool?

41 minutes ago, anricat said:

You get towels as you're getting off the ship. Once on the island, you can exchange wet towels for dry ones at several towel exchange stations located on the island. There's one in the waterpark near the wave pool. The map will show other locations. I'm not sure if you can receive towels at the towel stations (like check out new ones with your card). From what I understood, they were exchange locations, specifically. 

perfect. thank you

14 hours ago, anricat said:

Yup.  Yet another reason for the benefits of a Thrill Water Park Cabana, located next to the Wave Pool and also a short walk to the Snack Shack. 👍

We were there last week on the Adventure and had a great time. Chill Island was great also and very quiet. The water was still cool. Lots of empty chairs and umbrellas. Royal has added soft serve ice cream on the island just like Disney and it was very good. Tremendous amount of choices from the lunch buffet like Cuban sandwiches, tacos, many different salads. The only thing we found bad was the seagulls they flocked around any food left on tables and very scary for the grandkids.