All Yacht Club ships?

Rou-Dyliq

I read on a facebook group that MSC has commissioned some ships that are to be entirely Yacht Club experience.  Does anyone know if this is true, and maybe when they are expected to be delivered if true?

One of the major attractions for us is that, currently, you get to have the "big ship" experience while having a serene place to retreat to, away from the crowds, with the sense of luxury and first-class service that YC offers.  The concept of an all-YC ship (which will be smaller) does not immediately appeal to us and, I imagine, the price tag won't either!

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 2

My guess is that MSC is going for the "Regent Seven Seas" type of cruiser instead of the "NCL Haven" type of cruiser.

The big ship with a ship-within-a-ship suits us better but there's nothing wrong with having options. For empty nesters, the luxury class might suit them better.

Not for us either, as Bea says I doubt they can offer the same experience when every cabin is a YC cabin, no seperate area to escape to either!

Edited by sidari
  • Like 1

Variety is the spice of life and could well fill a slot in their ever growing fleet.  They will need to improve upon their YC dining as that is definitely the low point of the current offering.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

One of the major attractions for us is that, currently, you get to have the "big ship" experience while having a serene place to retreat to, away from the crowds, with the sense of luxury and first-class service that YC offers.  The concept of an all-YC ship (which will be smaller) does not immediately appeal to us and, I imagine, the price tag won't either!

I agree with you. I want the big ship experience with a serene place to retreat to.

• Like 1

I have no problem giving up some of the big ship benefits like big production shows, entertainment staff, child care and larger pool decks in trade for smaller, less visited ports and hopefully some overnights.  Price will definitely be the big question, but I fully expect them to undercut Oceania and the others.

I do think Seaside class YC has the best public area to passenger ratio in the fleet, but the size of the Yacht Club on the newest ship designs is already questionable.  I can't see a 1000? passenger MSC luxury brand ship being any worse than them.

• Like 1

I don't always want the same thing on each cruise vacation.  So for me there's an appeal for both options within the same line, especially one whose product I already know I like, to maximize loyalty programs. 

We are in the YC on Meraviglia, as I type this, and have also been in YC on Divina.  We will be on Regent Seven Seas Explorer in January, and I think that type of experience is more the model for the MSC luxury ships than YC.  Even the YC staff I talked to said they were told to talk about the new ships as luxury, rather than full ship YC.  It appears pretty obvious that the new ships won't be like YC in that you really can't have a ship within a ship that is the whole ship.  

21 hours ago, Até said:

smaller, less visited ports and hopefully some overnights.  Price will definitely be the big question, but I fully expect them to undercut Oceania and the others.

I'd certainly be interested in the less visited ports (so tired of some of them).  We've overnighted a few times ….Bermuda, Aruba, New Orleans.... enjoyed that experience very much.