Riviera Update - any further news?

TomOG

5 hours ago, kitty9 said:

As for the Dom pairing dinner, they fail to mention that it costs $325 per person plus gratuities.  

I guess they must be popular   if they raised the price   it was only $295 pp in April

8 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I guess they must be popular   if they raised the price   it was only $295 pp in April

We reserved it and the charge on my account was $343 pp.  They didn’t get the required number of people, so it was refunded back as an OBC.  

Sorry, but I can’t get photos of any other suites.  I can tell you that our Vista Suite doesn’t look any different than it did when we were in this same suite in February..  

10 hours ago, jjwoben1 said:

Any pix of the new decor in Penthouse suites?

Some photos of suites today on their facebook page but I don't know which suites they are

2 hours ago, jo-b said:

Some photos of suites today on their facebook page but I don't know which suites they are

There are two photos of the PH. They are the ones with the uncomfortable odd angled chairs and table at the foot of the bed. Sure wish they would have swapped them out for real chairs and table.  Nevertheless it's a great stateroom.

Edited by 1985rz1

12 hours ago, kitty9 said:

We reserved it and the charge on my account was $343 pp.  They didn’t get the required number of people, so it was refunded back as an OBC.  

Sorry, but I can’t get photos of any other suites.  I can tell you that our Vista Suite doesn’t look any different than it did when we were in this same suite in February..  

Does a VAT come into play here?  

We'll be boarding in Barcelona next week and VAT will apply to the entire cruise as we stay in Spanish waters for the 10 days.

31 minutes ago, kitty9 said:

I made the reservation from my house, a week before we left for Rome. 

sounds like the gratuity was added  to the price of the dinner

that is usually the case for La Reserve  isn't it?

On 6/1/2019 at 8:36 AM, DeeniEncinitas said:

I got on Facebook and I like the colors of penthouse will be in! I like the carpet tones 

and glad the greens previously are gone with the lighter tones.

Denise😊

Glad you like it...looking at what they are doing to the R ships it is awful...   turning a classy ambiance  into Best Western chic...   Blah  Blah  and more Blah.... all the charm of an airline lounge...... to me very sad loss.    

On 6/2/2019 at 5:08 AM, aquidneck1 said:

Yes, gratuity is added when you go to actually make the reservation.   Just did so for a cruise in December 2019.

If I remember  ...... if you also have the beverage package they will deduct 20% of the bill.

1 minute ago, Hawaiidan said:

If I remember  ...... if you also have the beverage package they will deduct 20% of the bill.

Yes but I think that is only if you have the higher level beverage package.  It does not apply to the wine/beer with meals package.  

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

Glad you like it...looking at what they are doing to the R ships it is awful...   turning a classy ambiance  into Best Western chic...   Blah  Blah  and more Blah.... all the charm of an airline lounge...... to me very sad loss.    

I can understand how you feel. From our perspective we are 4star mariners with HAL

and have been with them a long time, and we stay in Neptune suites  that are old style and ambiance equivalent to your PH. No comparison and we enjoy the style of Oceania.

That said will be going on a month cruise on Koningsdam that came out in 2016 with a different decor so will see. I’m more excited with everything that Oceania is that HAL isn’t. Only nine months to go to experience our 2cruise with Riviera!

Denise😊

18 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

I can understand how you feel. From our perspective we are 4star mariners with HAL

and have been with them a long time, and we stay in Neptune suites  that are old style and ambiance equivalent to your PH. No comparison and we enjoy the style of Oceania.

That said will be going on a month cruise on Koningsdam that came out in 2016 with a different decor so will see. I’m more excited with everything that Oceania is that HAL isn’t. Only nine months to go to experience our 2cruise with Riviera!

Denise😊

The problem with HAL  is that it is thousands more than Oceania, their silly gala's monster ships... ( by my standards   any   med to me is under 700   large is under 1200,  mega is 1900+)     I have no idea what a neptune suite is....    The PH on O ships  except for the R class is such a poor design...  I do not see why people rave.  At least they dont have Lawns and gardens on them...