italian cellar master dinner vs. Taste of De Librije

indychiro

If you like Michelin Star restaurants with the food  that is out there then de Libreje may be for you.   Here are some pics of our dinner on the Kdam last September.   I love good food and innovation but this was too out there for me.   Amuse bouche - Cold waxy fois gras "oyster" shells with a fresh oyster and foam - A very edible piece of fish - a deconstructed apple dessert.   I hope someone else can help you with other photos or comments on the 2 dinners.  

amuse bouche de libreje.jpg

fois gras oysters DL.jpg

fish course de Libreje.jpg

de Libreje unknown dish.jpg

27 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

If you like Michelin Star restaurants with the food  that is out there then de Libreje may be for you.   Here are some pics of our dinner on the Kdam last September.   I love good food and innovation but this was too out there for me.   Amuse bouche - Cold waxy fois gras "oyster" shells with a fresh oyster and foam - A very edible piece of fish - a deconstructed apple dessert.   I hope someone else can help you with other photos or comments on the 2 dinners.  

I do hope others chime in.  I have booked this for my cruise in August, but other comments earlier and yours are making me rethink this.

De Librije...  Have done it many times (sometimes twice in one B2B cruise) and it is, in our mind, simply the best meal at sea we have had.  Innovative and sumptuous at the same time.  Truly fine dining at its best, land or sea.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, taxmantoo said:

De Librije...  Have done it many times (sometimes twice in one B2B cruise) and it is, in our mind, simply the best meal at sea we have had.  Innovative and sumptuous at the same time.  Truly fine dining at its best, land or sea.

DH and me fully agree. Just one comment: as we have done it many times too, we would like them to change the menu more often.

We were on Zaandam March/April and dined in the Canaletto for the Italian Cellar Master dinner. More people there than usual for this nice event. It is staffed differently and the cellar master is in attendance (Sasa was ill, so Fernando filled in admirably).

We had a table for two, but saw one table of eight. The more the merrier and the longer the meal. We enjoyed ourselves for what it cost.

On a side note, the evening meals in Pinnacle are good, but we prefer the mid-day meal there. Not as crowded and the service is better.