Miracle Dry Dock 2020

On 2/17/2020 at 9:58 AM, PekingeseLady said:

Brrrrr🥶

You'd be surprised, Alaska can be very warm in the summer. On a couple of my trips, Juneau was 83 degrees and when we left Skagway, everyone was on deck in the pools and slides.

7 hours ago, Kelownacruiser said:

On board now. Looks like new carpet in cabin and a lot of the public areas. No other changes in the cabin. Most public areas have either new or reupholstered furniture. New Waterworks, Guys Burgers , Blue Iguana Cantina, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar and Red Frog Rum Bar.

Haven't seen any other changes yet but only been on board for a couple hours  

OMG thank you SO much for these pictures!!!

I was on Miracle on the first cruise AFTER there last refitting.  A group of friends decided late to go on the cruise - 7 days out of Tampa -  I was left with an interior room.

Starting the second night I started to feel not my self.   I could smell something  but thought it was a disinfectant.  I was having trouble breathing and my tongue was like card board.   Each day it seemed to be getting worse.   When we were on land I seemed to improve, but once we were on board it came back and got worse. 

It was finally on the last day and  was I found out about the refitting.

Maybe my mind was not the best but finally,  I put the to together and understood the issue.   I had worked in a home manufacturing company and realized that it was glue they used to adhere the carpet.    I was having a bad reaction that was effecting my respiratory system. 

I took no offense to Carnival or Miracle - I do wish I'd know about the glue because I may have been able to do something.  Two years later,   I took another trip on Miracle (outside window this time ) and it was one cruises of the best I'd ever been on.  Some in our group had interior cabins and when I visited - there was no odor like I'd smelled before.

My advise - take the Miracle but wait for a few trips for it to air out. 

On 3/14/2020 at 9:18 AM, HERKIMER417 said:

I was on Miracle on the first cruise AFTER there last refitting.  A group of friends decided late to go on the cruise - 7 days out of Tampa -  I was left with an interior room.

Starting the second night I started to feel not my self.   I could smell something  but thought it was a disinfectant.  I was having trouble breathing and my tongue was like card board.   Each day it seemed to be getting worse.   When we were on land I seemed to improve, but once we were on board it came back and got worse. 

It was finally on the last day and  was I found out about the refitting.

Maybe my mind was not the best but finally,  I put the to together and understood the issue.   I had worked in a home manufacturing company and realized that it was glue they used to adhere the carpet.    I was having a bad reaction that was effecting my respiratory system. 

I took no offense to Carnival or Miracle - I do wish I'd know about the glue because I may have been able to do something.  Two years later,   I took another trip on Miracle (outside window this time ) and it was one cruises of the best I'd ever been on.  Some in our group had interior cabins and when I visited - there was no odor like I'd smelled before.

My advise - take the Miracle but wait for a few trips for it to air out. 

Very interesting viewpoint.  I went through something similar in my caregiving.  I had an assignment in a brand new apartment building that was well sealed .  You could smell all the glue, paint, etc.   I left there each time so tired and it affected my attitude. I even got into an argument with an always difficult family member of  another client. ( I would normally shrug off her difficult attitude ).    So I know what you are talking about.