Havana interior rooms??

nissach

We are currently booked on the Panorama in a cove balcony.  I have been reading about the Havana rooms and the Havana area of the ship.  My question is...has any had an interior in the Havana area and would you recommend it over a cove balcony. (price point is the same) I know we would be giving up a balcony, but we would be getting access to the Havana area, where it seems to be less crowded and less fighting for chairs, etc.  Any feedback is appreciated!

I have not personally stayed in a Havana interior, only Havana balconies, but I can say that after sailing both Vista and Horizon and seeing the crowded Lido deck on sea days, I would go for the Havana interior. The pool area (if that is important to you) is never crowded, and it was a great, relaxing area.

• Like 3

We were just on the Vista in a Havana balcony. Our friends were in a Havana interior. It appeared to be no different than any other interior room although you do get upgraded shower amenities. The access to the Havana is the key, IMO it’s the best thing about any Carnival ship and I’ll never sail on a Carnival ship without it. Having a less crowded pool area with its own bar that is more relaxing and mostly if not all adults is something that is important to me, however, YMMV.

Edited by Beachiekeen
  • Like 2

I have never have had a balcony. I have had a porthole before. I prefer the darkness of the interior, so stick with them.

A few cons I recall from the Havana, was the fact that the furniture is not as comfortable as the Serenity deck. The loungers have no pads, just bare chair and the round day beds are split into separate cushions, so you can slide between them. Pictures of both the day bed and loungers are in this thread. Also, if you prefer the tranquility of the Serenity (peace and quiet), Havana might not be a match. They play music the entire time. It's not as loud as lido or anything, but I did find it distracting. We stayed on the ship the entire cruise and on port days stayed at Serenity and went to the spa heated loungers. On sea days, we stayed in Havana. I would not splurge for spa access again on this class of ship. It's on opposite end of the ship from Havana and there is no thalassotherapy pool.

If you typically spend a lot of time out on the peace of your cove balcony and that space is sufficient, that might be enough for you. If you like to spread out and lay in a lounger or day bed during the day, you might prefer a Havana interior. If I were to go again, I probably would still get an Havana interior or Havana aft balcony. I definitely would not get a Havana cabana balcony. If I had money to splurge on a balcony big enough to have a lounger, I would probably get that over Havana. But I do prefer to do my reading from a lounger vs an upright chair.

Hope that helps. And if you care, the Havana interior we were in on Horizon was cabin 7457.

• Like 2

Go for the Havana interior...you won’t regret it (I personally didn’t feel the Havana balcony was worth it...we rarely saw anyone sitting on theirs, us included...everyone was in the back so an interior is just fine)

• Like 2

Sailed on the Vista before it came to the USA on a European cruise.  My wife, 2 daughters & I  had 2 Havana Interior rooms.  We loved the fact that we could use the pools and spas and not have to battle for space each day.  We would do our excursions and at the end of the day have a drink by the pool.  However, I know they've changed the times they open it up to the rest of the ship so you may want to find that out also.  I would totally recommend them.  

23 minutes ago, gatorphin said:

Sailed on the Vista before it came to the USA on a European cruise.  My wife, 2 daughters & I  had 2 Havana Interior rooms.  We loved the fact that we could use the pools and spas and not have to battle for space each day.  We would do our excursions and at the end of the day have a drink by the pool.  However, I know they've changed the times they open it up to the rest of the ship so you may want to find that out also.  I would totally recommend them.  

Apparently it is open to everyone at 7pm.

25 minutes ago, gatorphin said:

When you say 'spas' what exactly do you mean?  Hot tubs??

Well, you have all given me something to ponder. 🤔 We have friends travelling with us and they are not too keen giving up a balcony for an inside room.  But after watching some videos past guests have taken, the Havana area sure looks like a pretty good trade off.  🙂

We just booked an interior Havana cabin on the Horizon for April 26, 2020.  We just got back from the inaugural Sunrise cruise and booked this one.  Looking forward to the Havana area.  

23 hours ago, nissach said:

We are currently booked on the Panorama in a cove balcony.  I have been reading about the Havana rooms and the Havana area of the ship.  My question is...has any had an interior in the Havana area and would you recommend it over a cove balcony. (price point is the same) I know we would be giving up a balcony, but we would be getting access to the Havana area, where it seems to be less crowded and less fighting for chairs, etc.  Any feedback is appreciated!

The Havana area on the Vista was pure heaven.  No crowding.  Never had trouble finding a chair.  Pool and hot tubs were never crowded.  Dedicated bar to the area. I don't know how I will ever cruise again without a Havana cabin.  We met some really nice people and since the area is low population, we met them over and over again in the pool area.  It was a great time. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, nissach said:

Apparently it is open to everyone at 7pm.

Yes, it is but it was still never busy.  Most everyone, including us, were doing other things in the evenings and weren't by the pool.  But we loved the Havana bar, it had a great Latin band. 

• Like 1

So I think we all may be convinced to change rooms to the Havana area.  Will there be a charge for this?  The cruise is not till March 2020.  Only a deposit has been made so far.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, nissach said:

So I think we all may be convinced to change rooms to the Havana area.  Will there be a charge for this?  The cruise is not till March 2020.  Only a deposit has been made so far.  

I can't answer that  but don't wait too long. I'm doing a Havana interior May 2020 and they sold out at least a month ago. I went to price check they were gone.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JaxsMama said:

I can't answer that  but don't wait too long. I'm doing a Havana interior May 2020 and they sold out at least a month ago. I went to price check they were gone.  

Good advice....7 interior left right now.

For those of you that have had a Havana room on deck 5, is there access to the bar from the very aft end of the hallway or is the only access to the bar from the mid ship entrance by Ocean Plaza?

21 minutes ago, James4me said:

I heard there was a back staircase, hidden but if you find the right door it takes you right to deck 5.

I'm hoping so. I'm in 7448 and there are stairs right across from my cabin on the deck plans. 

Edited by JaxsMama

Just don't book a Havana room of any sort on the Mardi Gras.  They have completely downgraded the size of the area and the amenities offered as well.  No hot tubs and only a small, "relaxation" pool that was originally intended to be a spa.  

13 minutes ago, JaxsMama said:

I'm hoping so. I'm in 7448 and there are stairs right across from my cabin on the deck plans. 

I found a you tube video of the Havana area (don't recall if it was Vista or Horizon), but yes there are stairs as the very back of the bar that go up to decks 6 and 7.  I just searched on you tube for "carnival havana."  The person taking that video actually went up those stairs.  I just can't find if there is aft hallway access to the rooms on deck 5.  There seems to be lots of doors in the aft portion of the bar that on the videos show crew using.  Hope that one of them goes to the hallway and rooms.  

11 hours ago, Jenjer said:

Show them some videos of the Havana area VS the Lido deck. Also everyone has to be over 12 in the Havana just a FYI

Actually, technically this isn’t true anymore, since they now allow the 8 grand suites to have access to then Havana pool area, and you don’t have to be 12 to be booked in one of those rooms. 

1 hour ago, katstoy said:

I just can't find if there is aft hallway access to the rooms on deck 5. 

I know on the Horizon there isn’t. If you are in a deck 5 interior (or any of the cabanas) you have to go all the way down the hallway and back through the Havana bar to get to the pool area.