Met Gala, Red Carpet, etc.

Does seeing the extravagant fashions at the Met Gala, the Red Carpets, etc., ever make you want to bump up your formal/chic/gala night attire a bit?  It does for me.  Next week's cruise will have my sequin dress a la Taylor Swift's romper (mine is a regular-length dress), and a gown with feather trim.  (No, no long train, and no multiple layers to be removed one at a time!)

• Like 1

Nope :-) I watched the Pink Carpet (as it is at the Met Gala ;-) and many other red carpet events. I love them for the drama and pageantry but do not want to dress (or pack ;-) that way for myself.

Nope, me either...…..I remember when I first started cruising (back in 2003) I did enjoy dressing up in cocktail dresses or long ones but I have never been a "formal gown" gal anyway. As  the years have gone by, I have changed and now a dressy pair of slacks and pretty top with some nice jewelry is in my "DRESSY STUFF" for cruising. 

I don't even watch most of the gala/awards shows.

It's impossible to dress for something like the Met Gala without a team of stylists.  What you don't see are the people fluffing the trains etc. 

I do enjoy a good black tie event & love getting dressed up but that over the top stuff. . . no thanks.  

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:34 AM, trish1c said:

It's impossible to dress for something like the Met Gala without a team of stylists.  What you don't see are the people fluffing the trains etc. 

I do enjoy a good black tie event & love getting dressed up but that over the top stuff. . . no thanks.  

I love dressing up for formal nights as well but I wont go crazy anymore. The fact that I am in a dress is formal enough. lol

On 5/10/2019 at 8:34 AM, trish1c said:

What you don't see are the people fluffing the trains etc. 

Sure you do when you watch it on video vs still photos. Law Roach was the one who turned on Zendaya's gown. Billy Porter, Cardi B, Lady Gaga couldn't enter the Met Gala without entire teams. It was stunning to watch! Stylists these days have their own power listing - it's great to see their work appreciated!