hotel info in Barcelona

Lojay2

33 minutes ago, Magiemae41 said:

Has anyone stayed at the Petit Palace in Barcelona? Is it convenient to sites, airport, cruise terminal?  Thanks for any input.

Mae

Not stayed there, but no complaints about the location. It is good for sites, a short taxi to the port.

The airport is the same distance from most central hotels, so it makes little difference.

You can't have all 3 in one hotel....

• 1 month later...
On 5/8/2019 at 3:04 PM, helpthejuggler said:

It is not close to the tourist sights. I would choose somewhere more central.

I booked this using points. It looked like it’s close to a metro stop and the Hop on - Hop off bus stops very close also. Could you confirm this please?  Also, being at the mall I read there are restaurants and bakery’s making it convenient. 

Any other reviews of this hotel?? Thanks

2 hours ago, noahsark99 said:

I booked this using points. It looked like it’s close to a metro stop and the Hop on - Hop off bus stops very close also. Could you confirm this please?  Also, being at the mall I read there are restaurants and bakery’s making it convenient. 

Any other reviews of this hotel?? Thanks

The nearest metro stop is 10 mins walk to  the "Les Corts" stop which is on the L3 line so is a route into the main hub at Pl. Catalunya.

For general travel the local bus #7 is only a 2 min walk to the Diagonal - Entenca stop. This goes to Pl. Catalunya too. Each bus stop has a list of the bus routes so are easy to use. You validate a journey in a machine on the bus on boarding.

The good news is that a metro ticket such as the T10 (10 journeys for aroun €12) covers both options and transfers between the bus / train.

You can buy T10 tickets at metro stations from the ticket machines, in english, and the 10 trips can be shared by a group.

The HOHO is a good orientation, but there are 3 lines on the one I am familiar with BusTuristic (spelling?). To cover all the city takes all day without actually hopping off much. It is an expensive way to go if you know which places you wish to see.

It depends on the plan you have.

As for close to the hotel, it is probable that you will have some choice, I cannot see what is nearby, but add it looks like a business area, I world imagine there will be. Try Streetview to take a look...

Edited by helpthejuggler