Chef's Table

denmarks

1 hour ago, denmarks said:

Is the Chef's Table still available and what is the current cost? Does it still include photos and a cookbook?

We did it on the Regal last summer and it was an amazing dinner!  It included the autographed cookbook and a photo with the Chef and Maitre D.  It is a lot of food so don't eat much during the day!

DSC00802.JPG

20180822_211530.jpg

20180822_204330.jpg

20180822_204257.jpg

20180822_220158.jpg

20180822_220152.jpg

• Like 3

Agree with above!!  Photo and cookbook included plus apps in the Galley.  If you are not on a Royal class ship, the Chef's Table is $95 pp with wine or $70 without.  Call the Dine line to put your names in.

Royal class Chef's Table Lumiere is more.

Edited by Ferd Berfle
  • Like 1

Was at the Chef’s Table Tuesday night....amazing! We have been to MANY (10?) but this was the first one where the chef had Carte Blanche to do what he wants, not the Princess proscribed menu. It was great. If you can, grab a house phone as soon as you get on the ship (don’t go to your room or have lunch first), call the dine line and put your name in.  

4 hours ago, dockhl said:

Was at the Chef’s Table Tuesday night....amazing! We have been to MANY (10?) but this was the first one where the chef had Carte Blanche to do what he wants, not the Princess proscribed menu. It was great. If you can, grab a house phone as soon as you get on the ship (don’t go to your room or have lunch first), call the dine line and put your name in.  

Do you recall what time it started and ended?

We're thinking of doing it on our upcoming cruise. We've done it twice before and loved it. Except this time we're cruising with a child. We'll need to take her to the kid's club, but it is closed from 5-6 pm. If I recall correctly, the Chef's Table started at 6pm and lasted 3 hours. But that was also 9 years ago... so things may be different, or my memory may be bad. Trying to determine if it's even feasible to do this with a kid in the kid's club.

We met the Maitre d’ @ Vines at 6:45, suited up, and were into the galley by 7. We finished about 9:45-10 but stayed and chatted for 15 more minutes or so. Great night!

BTW, thinking about it I don’t think I have ever been to one that started before 7.

Edited by dockhl
Clarification
  • Like 1

Too bad they always give the cookbook. All my relatives have one now. They used to give a chef's jacket on the Ultimate Ship Tour. Maybe they should give that as a choice.

Edited by denmarks

Be aware that the photos and menus in post no. 2 are from the Chef's Table Lumiere on a Royal-class ship.

As the OP is apparently on Grand Princess (only guessing from their countdown clock; despite their innumerable questions OP has never directly mention which ship they will be on for some reason) the more standard Chef's Table is what is held on that ship.

The ship-specific page on the Princess website (again, assuming Grand):

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/ap-grand-princess/

...has tons of info that should answer your dining and most other questions as well.

1 hour ago, fishywood said:

As the OP is apparently on Grand Princess (only guessing from their countdown clock; despite their innumerable questions OP has never directly mention which ship they will be on for some reason) the more standard Chef's Table is what is held on that ship.

I am on the Grand Princess in December as my countdown clock indicates. I know some people do not look at the signatures so I will start giving more detail. I have been at the Chef's Table twice but the last time was 4 years ago. I am requesting current info for myself and anyone else interested.

• 2 weeks later...

We indulged in the chef’s table on the Grand in January 2019 during a Mexican Riviera Cruise. It was spectacular! I totally agree that it is a lot of fabulous food.. so prepare for that😂. Had appetizer courses in the galley prior to going to table.  The pictures are somewhat in order.. the last 3 are desert... thankfully they offered to deliver the spun sugar bowl filled with chocolates with the spun sugar lid to our room !! Oh!, and we also received a cookbook and photographs of the group. Wonderful experience... I think it was $95 pp-more than worth it 😃

1F6C519C-DBAD-4C9E-A7A0-780AE5DB9347.jpeg

6DEA3049-B20D-438F-9AF1-D614165AC337.jpeg

9FC139A6-8ADF-4CBB-B4DA-7B86FFE80F2C.jpeg

9F053471-2A70-4337-858F-B430F47D153E.jpeg

3E81AEF2-25EF-4CD3-8827-4FDE30ABA30E.jpeg

F056303F-003D-43D7-941D-52A409453882.jpeg

BA4370C3-7E72-426B-ACE0-C33A2B92BF5F.jpeg

D658B016-0E09-46B7-B217-FAA7205CF3F7.jpeg

1B46D997-75E7-438A-9438-177AFE86E1E9.jpeg

38A92CBB-BD49-44FD-828E-F3068B649BBC.jpeg

7880A5CB-1765-4E98-ABED-66B3F3696CAB.jpeg

0B9ECA44-D86A-4B53-AFCB-AF69E2E4F8A0.jpeg

9BBC8FBE-B12C-437B-86B1-CD5F77682B45.jpeg

C9964894-06C2-4F56-89AD-5A50AE813BF7.jpeg

• Like 3

We did the Chef's Table on the Royal and it was fantastic. However, if you want a slightly less Over-the-top experience for a bit less money we highly, highly recommend the Wine Maker's Dinner, which we had on the Regal last March. We did not even know such a thing existed and we've cruised Princess 20 times (and will be on the Sky next March, woohoo!!!). It is similar to Chef's Table in that you are in a special area with your own waiter and asst. waiter. Four amazing courses with unlimited Silverado wines (!!). The steak I had was the absolute best I've ever tasted and I have eaten in virtually all the high end steak houses in Vegas and elsewhere. The cost was $45 pp. We found out about while sitting on deck and someone came by trying to get sign-ups. As it turned out, even though they can seat 16 (on the Regal, no idea about other ships), only 6 including us had signed up, one couple cancelled at the last minute and the other never showed up! So we had positively the most romantic and delicious meal ever on a cruise ship, complete with our own waiter. It was heavenly and we are really hoping it will be offered on the Sky next year.

Gene & Kathy from Cape Cod

• Like 2

What are the odds of a couple being able to book the Chef's table if they don't have priority boarding (first time cruising on Princess)? I planned to call the Dine line as soon as we boarded to try and reserve a spot, but wasn't sure of my odds of success. I am married to a Chef/Butcher and a behind the scenes tour (and great meal) would be awesome for us. 

47 minutes ago, dearinger said:

What are the odds of a couple being able to book the Chef's table if they don't have priority boarding (first time cruising on Princess)? I planned to call the Dine line as soon as we boarded to try and reserve a spot, but wasn't sure of my odds of success. I am married to a Chef/Butcher and a behind the scenes tour (and great meal) would be awesome for us. 

It really depends on how many other people sign up. But DH and I have done it twice now and had no problem getting in. We did not have priority boarding. But we do get the port as early as we can. That said, both times I still waited until we got into our rooms (at about 1pm) to call the DINE line. So priority boarding wouldn't have made a difference in either case.

28 minutes ago, Dani24 said:

It really depends on how many other people sign up. But DH and I have done it twice now and had no problem getting in. We did not have priority boarding. But we do get the port as early as we can. That said, both times I still waited until we got into our rooms (at about 1pm) to call the DINE line. So priority boarding wouldn't have made a difference in either case.

Thanks, that gives me hope that we should get in. I did pre-schedule dining in two of the on-board restaurants. Hopefully the assigned night doesn't clash with our existing reservations. I guess I will find out June 1st.

Thanks again!

1 minute ago, dearinger said:

Thanks, that gives me hope that we should get in. I did pre-schedule dining in two of the on-board restaurants. Hopefully the assigned night doesn't clash with our existing reservations. I guess I will find out June 1st.

Thanks again!

If it does, you should be able to easily reschedule the specialty dining to a different night. 🙂

It has been reported on here that if more passengers request the Chef's Table than it accommodates, and the Chef chooses not to offer it on multiple nights, who gets selected is done by random drawing rather than first-on-the-list as (for example) the Ultimate Ships Tour does. As due to the multiple methods of getting your name on the list there is no way to determine the precise order of requests.

On 5/8/2019 at 7:47 PM, denmarks said:

Is the Chef's Table still available and what is the current cost? Does it still include photos and a cookbook?

Yes, still available....it cost us $95 the last time and for the first time we did not get the cookbook.  But we did get pictures.