Chef's Table

denmarks

44 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

So on the Regal it costs $120 per person, is that correct?

Per the food and dining guide

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/food-and-dining/dining-options.pdf

Chef's Table Lumiere on the Royal-class ships is $115 per person with wine, $100 without.

Chef's Table on the remainder of the fleet is $95 per person with wine, $80 without

(except as noted in footnote):

†The Chef’s Table program is limited to approximately 10-12 guests per table and is offered on all vessels except on Sea Princess and Sun Princess (not offered on vessels operating in Australia and Asia)

• Like 1

On 5/22/2019 at 10:22 AM, caribbean2000 said:

We did the Chef's Table on the Royal and it was fantastic. However, if you want a slightly less Over-the-top experience for a bit less money we highly, highly recommend the Wine Maker's Dinner, which we had on the Regal last March. We did not even know such a thing existed and we've cruised Princess 20 times (and will be on the Sky next March, woohoo!!!). It is similar to Chef's Table in that you are in a special area with your own waiter and asst. waiter. Four amazing courses with unlimited Silverado wines (!!). The steak I had was the absolute best I've ever tasted and I have eaten in virtually all the high end steak houses in Vegas and elsewhere. The cost was $45 pp. We found out about while sitting on deck and someone came by trying to get sign-ups. As it turned out, even though they can seat 16 (on the Regal, no idea about other ships), only 6 including us had signed up, one couple cancelled at the last minute and the other never showed up! So we had positively the most romantic and delicious meal ever on a cruise ship, complete with our own waiter. It was heavenly and we are really hoping it will be offered on the Sky next year.

Gene & Kathy from Cape Cod

The WM Dinner has only been offered on the Royal Class ships.  It is held in a special location in one of the mid-ship DR's as you know in the room with all the wine bottles in glass walls.  No such location on the older ships and it is not done.

That said, you may find something similar on certain ships in certain situations.  We did the 60-night trip around S.A. in winter 2018 and there were three special wine/food dinners held in Sabatini's.  The experience was similar to a WM dinner in menu, pacing and wines, but a much larger group as they pretty much filled the restaurant.  I went to one and it was great. 

So, it pays to pay attention and ask, but don't expect a WM dinner on all ships.  I do agree it is a good and worthwhile experience.  

On 5/22/2019 at 7:48 AM, dearinger said:

What are the odds of a couple being able to book the Chef's table if they don't have priority boarding (first time cruising on Princess)? I planned to call the Dine line as soon as we boarded to try and reserve a spot, but wasn't sure of my odds of success. I am married to a Chef/Butcher and a behind the scenes tour (and great meal) would be awesome for us. 

Try to sign up at Passenger Services first. It's hard to get through on the dine line on the first day. If you're lucky, there won't be much of a line at Passenger Svcs.

Just curious as to where the meeting place is for the Chef's Table Luminere on the Royal or Regal as the dining room they use is the one in the aft of the ship. We have done the regular chef's table several times on Grand Class and we met the maitre'd in the piazza bar or vines and the dinner was in one of the midship dining rooms.