Question about MTD reservation

Hi, guys...

My wife and I are traveling on the Grandeur next month on a 9 day trip to the NE/Canada. We are on one reservation, and my Mother in Law (traveling alone) is on another reservation. The two of us have a 5:30 MTD reservation every night. When I try to make a reservation for the same time for my MIL, I get the message: "Guest not configured for My Time Dining". It will not let me add the MTD for her.

Here's my question...rather than go through the trouble of sorting it all out ahead of time, would it be easier for the 3 of us to just show up to our standing MTD reservation and just hope they can accommodate all 3 of us? 

Anyone out there have experience with this issue? Thanks in advance!

Steve

Just now, sstepson said:

Here's my question...rather than go through the trouble of sorting it all out ahead of time, would it be easier for the 3 of us to just show up to our standing MTD reservation and just hope they can accommodate all 3 of us?

Yes, assuming you are ALL in MTD and you are OK with perhaps not getting a preferred time. 

Yup - if she isn't assigned to MTD you can't add her to your reservation.  Have even seen case where other person in cabin accidentally was not MTD and couldn't make a reservation with them.  Normally you would just have added her to your reservations as you made them.

You need to have whoever did the cruise reservation fix her cruise reservation (depending on whether booked direct or through a travel agent).  Either fix it now or you will need to find the dining room management people when you first get onboard (Cruise Compass gives location and time).  Don't wait until dinner.

If all else fails, go to the MDR on embarkation and have her changed to MTD.

And on Grandeur, we have never needed reservations for ANY dining, including all 3 specialty dining venues.  The longest wait has been less than 5 minutes.