Can you ferry to both St. George & Hamilton in a day?

Curious about cruises

If we dock by 8:30, can we get to St. George and then to Hamilton in a day?  I was thinking about trying to catch the 9 a.m. ferry to St. George and then catch the 1 p.m. or later back to the dockyard.  Then either get back on dock for a bite and take the ferry to Hamilton for Harbor Nights or just get straight on ferry to Hamilton and try to get to the zoo before 4:00.

We will be docked from Wednesday morning, so hope to use the ferry on Wednesday, and use a scooter all day Thursday, and then explore the dockyard on Friday morning before we leave.  Does this sound like a good plan.  My husband is a very experienced motorcyclist, and we plan to avoid city driving during 'rush hours.'  Thanks!

41 minutes ago, Curious about cruises said:

If we dock by 8:30, can we get to St. George and then to Hamilton in a day?  I was thinking about trying to catch the 9 a.m. ferry to St. George and then catch the 1 p.m. or later back to the dockyard.  Then either get back on dock for a bite and take the ferry to Hamilton for Harbor Nights or just get straight on ferry to Hamilton and try to get to the zoo before 4:00.

You can go to St. George’s, return to the Dockyard and then later take the ferry to Hamilton for Harbour Nights. I have done that several times taking the 9:30 public ferry to St. George’s. 

As far as doing the zoo it would make more sense to go from St. George’s to the Zoo by taxi or public bus rather than returning to the Dockyard and taking the ferry to Hamilton and then taking a bus or taxi to the zoo. 

Edited by Charles4515

37 minutes ago, Curious about cruises said:

We will be docked from Wednesday morning, so hope to use the ferry on Wednesday, and use a scooter all day Thursday, and then explore the dockyard on Friday morning before we leave.  Does this sound like a good plan.  My husband is a very experienced motorcyclist, and we plan to avoid city driving during 'rush hours.'  Thanks!

They drive on the other side in Bermuda, the roads are winding, often congested and have no shoulders. Many tourists who rented scooters have had accidents. The link below is a guide by an experienced cyclist that you and your husband may find useful. 

Research all DATA to use including (WHX) Weather from even the Airpot Tower ops.

So very many things to do/see: EG Golf is heaven in tyhe Somers Islands (Bermuda).

A Copy of the UK Crown Jewels. Coming in through the "CUT" is awesome and knowing that is one place that gave us the Black Powder where we whooped the British and Tories with.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2019 at 9:58 PM, Curious about cruises said:

I agree...do not rent a scooter.  Roads are very narrow, hilly and winding.  Traffic very heavy with lots of buses, trucks and drivers who will ride on your bumper.  As mentioned, they also drive on the wrong side of the road.  Even riding the bus is scary.  Get a daily transportation pass that covers buses and ferries...best way to get around the island. 

To give you an idea of how narrow the roads are...buses do not have mirrors on the left side.  Reason why, the would be knocked off in the first five minutes of driving.  They drive that close to walls, posts, signs, etc. mirrors don't stand a chance of surviving

Edited by cwms