Have you done or seen something this week

That you wanted to have and became weak

Why are some days so easy to eat right

Then some days want everything in sight

Hoping you all had a good week that was nice

You didn't have to much food and drinks with ice

Thanks for remembering us Belle!

I also had a gain this week - 3# 😮 

Daughter has been sick most of the week and I think I'm starting to come down with it too.  I'm praying she is better soon - she has her AP Calc exam on Monday, plus a lot of other Senior events coming up.

Getting excited about our next cruise.  Taking our children to Bermuda for daughter's graduation 😎I just reserved the helmet dive today.

We have another 5K this weekend.  Anyone else have plans?

Happy Mother's Day on Sunday to those that celebrate.

I'm celebrating with the "kids" on Friday because they have to work on Sunday.

I stayed the same which I'm happy about because I did have fun yesterday.

Jan and Pac know  you'll have the weight off soon. You know what since you both exercise

the weight gain could be from that.  Have fun on your 5k pac

• Thanks 1

Happy Mother's Day, and a big {{hug}} to those who find it a rough day. 

It's always bittersweet for me: I love being a mom and have great kids plus an amazing Mother in Law, but my Mom passed in 2005 (and in many ways I lost her to MS years before that) so it's a hard day.  I know there are others who have even more reasons for it to be hard💔.

We have a gloomy, rainy day here but it looks like dry weather for the run.  Daughter still has a fever but mine is staying around 99 and the throat isn't too bad.

I suspect my gain was from poor eating choices🙄😋 but am also confident that it will come off once I start getting more road miles (which should come with school ending).

Have a good weekend all.

So it's the three of us so far. Know Diana is gone on a cruise. Wasn't Jo leaving this week?

Just like to know where everyone disappeared to. 

Are you to having a good weekend?  Busy or relaxing? I should be be busy.

Last night went out to dinner with the "kids". Had a nice steak dinner.

So Sunday will be on my own since they will be working. Might go out and

spend money (looking for clothes and shoes) or stay home and do nothing. (and save money)

Who knows?

Pac hope you and your daughter are feeling better. Know this day can be hard. I lost my mother in 2016

but lost her before to because of memory loss. We just have to remember the good times and

know their at peace now and not in pain.

HOPE YOU BOTH HAVE A GOOD MOTHER'S DAY. MAKE EVERYONE WAIT ON YOU!:classic_smile:

Edited by Belle

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

We had a very hectic/wonderful few days.  My DH & I go out to dinner every Friday at the same restaurant, so we have come to know the servers that work there, most are young college students.  One person was graduating in the nursing program and her parents were not able to get visas to come to the graduation (she is from Nepal, but her parents now live in Japan).  She was to get "pinned" the day before graduation ... and she was very sad that her mom wouldn't be able to be there for it.  I said that I would stand in for her mom, so on Friday afternoon DH & I went to the ceremony ... I felt so honored to be a part of it (along with her boyfriend ... who we also know from the restaurant).  Another person that had worked at the restaurant was also there to wish her friend the best, she too was graduating, and her mom was flying in that day from Germany (although they are originally from Wales).

That night we went out to dinner with all the "kids" ... had a wonderful time.  I just like to sit and watch them all interact ... it's wonderful to see them as adults ... My grandson's played well together (I-pads, sometimes have uses!).  We had rum cake from our last trip ... I think I like it more than the kids did.

On Saturday we went to the college graduation (It lasted about 3 hours ... how much bigger the school is than when I graduated!)  I got to meet the girl from Wales mother ... she was nice and we got to cheer on all the people that graduated .... It was good to be there.  I am a little sad as the girl from Nepal is moving and I probably won't be seeing her anymore.   Its difficult when they all grow up and leave (I've met so many wonderful "kids" over the years that have always been welcomed as part of our family).  

On Sunday I had another day with my kids and we all went to brunch and sat for two hours and ate and talked.  My SIL's mom was also there - it was wonderful. 

Such a full weekend and I ate horribly for the most part ... not looking forward to stepping on the scale on Thursday.  Jan

• Like 1

What a wonderful weekend you had with your kids. How nice of you to be there for

that young woman. She will never forget it. Sorry she is moving and you won't

be seeing her.

Hey everyone, Hope you all are doing well and staying on tract.. I wish all you mothers had a wonderful mothers day.. I am up almost 6 lbs since my last weigh in more than a few weeks ago and from our cruise two weeks ago. I have just been so stressed trying to get my mom's affairs settled since she has been in a nursing home for a month now...… To make matters worse two nights before our cruise I got rear ended coming home from seeing my mom and  totaled my car and  wrenched my back...I will try to get back in the swing of things and back to the weekly weigh ins... Bell as always thanks for starting the week with a poem and keeping the thread fresh every week. Take care Rob...

It's nice to see you Rob and you haven't left us.

First off hope you had a good cruise even with everything going on.

So sorry about your car and your back. I hope your feeling better and hope

it didn't ruin your cruise. (remember this happen to me last year too)

Hoping your mother is settled in an your getting all the paper work done.

Once you get everything settled know you will get back to losing. Six lbs

not as bad as it could be with the stress and the cruise. Know you'll get it off.

Thank you, I did have a nice mother's day just on a different day.

Welcome back, Rob 🙂

I hope you are healing and your stress level goes down soon.  Is this a permanent stay for your mom or rehab only?  They each come with their own levels of stress 💔

It was a nice weekend here.  Daughter was still sick on Friday so she couldn't go to quizzing Saturday, but she did get much better over the weekend and was able to go to church Sunday and school this week 😄 Son originally had a track meet for Saturday, but they didn't have his event at this meet, so he was able to go to the quiz and took 1st place in all categories at it.

I was able to run most of the 5K and only took a few walking breaks.  My time was 43:16, so over 5 minutes better than the last one (though to be fair it was mostly walked).  Our next race is the end of June and I'm trying to be under 40 minutes.  My temperature never got as high as my daughters, but enough to have me sluggish so Sunday was a lazy day.  I borrowed the movie Up from our library (have wanted to see it for a few years now) and it was really cute. 

The school year is winding down fast with lots of activities, so I won't be around a lot.  We leave for our cruise the day after graduation, so I probably will miss a week.  We booked a helmet dive and I saw a FB post about some rocks/caves at Horseshoe Beach that look neat to explore.

Have a great week!

16 hours ago, Belle said:

It's nice to see you Rob and you haven't left us.

First off hope you had a good cruise even with everything going on.

So sorry about your car and your back. I hope your feeling better and hope

it didn't ruin your cruise. (remember this happen to me last year too)

Hoping your mother is settled in an your getting all the paper work done.

Once you get everything settled know you will get back to losing. Six lbs

not as bad as it could be with the stress and the cruise. Know you'll get it off.

Thank you, I did have a nice mother's day just on a different day.

Hi Belle, thanks  I did have a very nice cruise. We were on the NCL Escape from NY to Bermuda and was probably the best cruise we have ever been on. We had two of my wifes sisters as well as our daughter in laws mother cruise with us, all first time cruisers and they flew up from Brazil. Dealing with The paperwork and rules for going from medicare to Medicaid are crazy as far as assets and spending..

8 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

Welcome back, Rob 🙂

I hope you are healing and your stress level goes down soon.  Is this a permanent stay for your mom or rehab only?  They each come with their own levels of stress 💔

It was a nice weekend here.  Daughter was still sick on Friday so she couldn't go to quizzing Saturday, but she did get much better over the weekend and was able to go to church Sunday and school this week 😄 Son originally had a track meet for Saturday, but they didn't have his event at this meet, so he was able to go to the quiz and took 1st place in all categories at it.

I was able to run most of the 5K and only took a few walking breaks.  My time was 43:16, so over 5 minutes better than the last one (though to be fair it was mostly walked).  Our next race is the end of June and I'm trying to be under 40 minutes.  My temperature never got as high as my daughters, but enough to have me sluggish so Sunday was a lazy day.  I borrowed the movie Up from our library (have wanted to see it for a few years now) and it was really cute. 

The school year is winding down fast with lots of activities, so I won't be around a lot.  We leave for our cruise the day after graduation, so I probably will miss a week.  We booked a helmet dive and I saw a FB post about some rocks/caves at Horseshoe Beach that look neat to explore.

Have a great week!

Hey Pacruise, glad you had a good weekend, it was such a nasty mothersday sunday here with rain and cold. But I did get my mother here to my house for a few hours... Great time on the 5k's. I am guessing your going to Bermuda as you mentioned Horseshoe Beach. This was our 4th cruise there.. One of our favorite and most beautiful places.. take care Rob

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, renjrusa said:

Hi Belle, thanks  I did have a very nice cruise. We were on the NCL Escape from NY to Bermuda and was probably the best cruise we have ever been on. We had two of my wifes sisters as well as our daughter in laws mother cruise with us, all first time cruisers and they flew up from Brazil. Dealing with The paperwork and rules for going from medicare to Medicaid are crazy as far as assets and spending..

Glad you were able to have Mom with you even if just for a few hours.  My mom was only around 50 when she went full time at a nursing home so we only dealt with Medicaid, but they are very different animals.  As I understand, Medicare is a federal program primarily for retirees and not income based while Medicaid is state based and for those with very little resources.  I don't know if CT has an Area Agency on Aging or similar elder care program, but maybe they can help you navigate the red tape {{{hugs}}}.

We are doing the 5 day Bermuda on Anthem of the Seas from Bayonne.  Were there any great local spots for lunch that stuck out?

34 minutes ago, halegliss said:

New here do y'all weigh in once a week? I am cruising in November down 2 pounds. 😁

Welcome @halegliss!  We typically have a new thread each Thursday, usually started by the wonderful Belle with a fun poem.  Nice weight loss.  Glad to have you with us 🙂 

• Like 1