OVATION May 13-24 *LIVE* in ALASKA w/lots of photos

If you don’t feel like hanging out in the cold or rainy weather, THIS is why Quantum Class is an absolute star for Alaskan itineraries....

check out these views views from inside the Solarium.... beats the pants off of Radiance any day

0A86FA81-FEA4-426D-82BE-F2FA96964349.jpeg

31F9B25A-E0BF-4FED-9095-22BF0F866A39.jpeg

1B9FBD48-9E41-4DC0-8985-D66B907A6369.jpeg

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 5

On 5/10/2019 at 5:51 PM, Hoopster95 said:

Ah... currently 75 here in Vancouver, just gorgeous. supposed to cool slightly by Sunday night to mid-upper 60's.

Hopefully you get some of this warmer sun as you head this way

DUDE, Biker, You were in Vancouver on Friday?!?!?!?  I didn't see Ovation docked.  I jumped ship and was on the Ruby Princess that came in that morning.  Obviously, I"m just seeing this now :P.

edit.  Whoops, I thought you were in Vancouver on Friday.  Wrong post.

Edited by Rogueperson

Just a quick message which I think the live reviewers would approve of...

Please don't quote their entire post of photos just to say that they are nice.  If there is one specific photo that you want to ask about etc... keep it and delete the rest of them.  Seeing as their wifi is less than capable in the northern regions, reloading those same pics is a waste band-with and time for them.  I know from my own experience in Alaska last year that uploading one photo was at times impossible, as I walked around the ship to find a connection better/faster than another.

As a live reviewer I always appreciate when folks take that into consideration on my reviews.  I think those on Ovation would too.  It is a simple way for us to show our appreciation of the time that they are investing for us, while they are on their adventure.

Thanks to those at home, and those on board bringing us along.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, rvrfam said:

Everyone says the dividers on the balcony’s open, but I haven’t seen any photos of this.

Yes, they all open (that’s how cabin steward cleans all the glass) - but depends on location. 

Close to docking... got to go!

see you later everyone 😁

AED5F831-7C55-4386-9459-42D35858F587.jpeg

AED95847-7B88-418C-B0CC-7FBED3428256.jpeg

806959A6-E6F7-4B42-9E9E-565EB2E0CDE4.jpeg

One more inside the Solarium, but farther back in the center close to the Solarium Bar. You can see everywhere in all directions in the Solarium

F23DE5DA-6A36-44C8-9F0E-1F84634983B7.jpeg

And from the pool deck... yes, here as well

05E11921-0C8C-44FE-A2A0-C64FA434A419.jpeg

922AF914-AE10-4344-ABDA-A31BE947B7E0.jpeg

E7A6B693-AD1E-4F96-BEDC-5280B2F9DF55.jpeg

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, tcmagnum said:

Magical!!

And I'm happy to see the view out of your balcony is not too 'obstructed'.  I would be happy with it.

Have a great rest of your cruise...

There's no way we'd get an obstructed view balcony like that...but...if the poster is happy...OK.

Enjoying the pix - somewhat like going down memory lane for us. 

2 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Enjoying the pix - somewhat like going down memory lane for us. 

I surprising liked Icy Straight. It had a relaxed feel, with a presence of history. Looks like our crew there today is having great weather. 

2 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

There's no way we'd get an obstructed view balcony like that...

Realize that same cabin on Anthem in categorized as NOT obstructed and the view from say deck 8 (where none on any Q class ship is obstructed) is not much different.

• Like 1

Amazing review to all of those contributing.  We are in Calgary and looking at doing an Alaskan cruise so thank you for all of the beautiful photos, tips, information and sharing your journey!!!!

8 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

you don’t feel like hanging out in the cold or rainy weather, THIS is why Quantum Class is an absolute star for Alaskan itineraries....

check out these views views from inside the Solarium.... beats the pants off of Radiance any day

Coming back wet from walking in the rain I headed up to 14 to let the heat and steam near the pool warm me up and dry me out.

Just pack rain coat, hat, umbrella, etc. Even though we had spectacular sun this morning outside on boat about 5 feet from 43 degree water it got cold in the wind.

A

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drusierdmd said:

Got em...hooked adventures (private found via TripAdvisor). 

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Congratulations! Flounder? Weight? That is a big flat fish to pull in! :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

3 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

Awesome photos.

Any shots of the Alaska scenery from Two70?

I tried to upload these 2 hours ago but internet has been more than horrible, almost non-existent as far as photos & video are concerned.

I came back onboard around 3:30 and grabbed a salad at Cafe Two70. It was 80% full of cruisers... way more popular than any Viking Crown I have ever seen during mid-day non-prime time. I went and sat at the only available empty seat at the glass windows farthest aft.

Weather has turned to gray and rain, so these photos will not do the view justice. I’ll try to take more on another great day for you.

9F893F58-F18C-4164-88E5-F43DB3E87BCE.jpeg

D23F1568-38A1-4C80-91F2-D8071F4BA6DA.jpeg

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 2