PSA: ES price drop rules NOT set in stone

Jasalth

Just wanted to throw this out there because I can't ever recall seeing this info before (or I some how totally missed it!)

So.. I am a typical price stalker cause of ES. About 6 weeks ago, there were no more aft balcony rooms for 2 people left. Being me.. I just kept checking thinking, they are probably just actually all gone. This wasn't true, they just were refusing 2 people to book in rooms that hold 3. In finding this out, I started checking for 2 people and 3 people. 

Then... booking for 3 people became a lower price than what I paid for 2, by almost $200. On the off chance something could happen (or we add one of our DS's with no plans on actually taking them) I had my TA submit a price form. Came back today with $600 in savings for the loss of $50 OBC. 

My TA was able to get the cruise repriced to the 1 & 2 person fare of those 3 people bookings (3rd person was only $250 + T&F) 

So if your category is showing sold out, that doesn't mean you are unable to get ES drops anymore! I can't even say it was because my TA went to bat and argued for me, he actually messed up the first time and did the web form with my info not his TA credentials. When I let him know this, he just submitted the form again and they repriced, so he never even called them. 

Just a note ... everything you did was still within ES price drop rules.  Just because there are no more rooms showing for 2 persons, does not mean that the category is sold out.  You still price matched to your same category. 

Good note, though, for people who are searching for price matches and think that their category is sold out.

Congrats.  Love saving some money 🙂 

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know this was possible. Unfortunately it only got my hopes up as the aft ext are sold out for 2,3 or 4 people on my upcoming Christmas cruise (but a ton remain on june cruise and price hasn't moved).