Is 6 hours layover JFK long enough to see world Trade Center museum?

No way.  Can you get there and back?  Yes, but you won't have time to go through the museum and do it justice.  It can take an hour to get into the city from JFK depending on traffic and the same returning.  You'll need to be back a minimum of an hour before your flight but personally I wouldn't feel comfortable with that before an international flight and not knowing if security will be backed up.  I'd want to be back an hour and a half before the flight.  At the museum itself I'd want 3 hours, plus a little more for the memorial outside.  Add it all up and that's cutting it mighty close when you have an international flight at stake.  Oh, and nd the ticket lines can be ridiculous. 

21 hours ago, Noxequifans said:

No .... as others have said. Too many ways where their can be delays. Perhaps do some shopping at JFK, have snacks and rest. 

To that end, a couple of years ago we had 5.5 hours at JFK before a flight to AMS connecting to Kigali, Rwanda.  We walked the length of Delta's T4, which is LONG,  and back again for a little exercise before the long flights.  Then we went to the currency exchange desk to see if they had any Rwandan francs or Tanzanian shillings.  And yes I know those desks give a terrible exchange rate, but if we wanted a few in our pocket in case an ATM wasn't readily available upon landing in Rwanda the following night.  (They happened to have the shillings but not the francs).  Anyway, then we stopped at Xpress Spa and got pedicures and a neck and shoulder massage.  Headed to The Palm restaurant for a good meal, then relaxed in the airline club for a while, had a cocktail, got some fresh air on the club's Sky Deck, made sure all devices were charged etc.  For international flights boarding often starts a full hour before departure so at that point we headed to the gate.  All in all, the 5.5 hours did not seem interminably long.

• Like 1

NO. NO. NO.

If anyone even gives you a hope, strongly recommend that you ignore the suggestion.

TSA precheck is some assurance but not much.

Are you arriving and departing from SAME terminal at JFK? If not, provision 30 minutes.

While "normal" times may be an hour or so from JFK to Lower midtown, remember it can take 30 minutes just to go from one end of Manhattan to other when usually it takes only 5.

Two hours from Manhattan to JFK is not unheard of. 

Arriving at airport for international flight 2 to 3 hours before flight is the standard recommendation.

If your luggage is checked through, you still need to arrive 1.5 hours before the flight. (Remember, door to plane close 15-20 minute before departure.

Spend time in a lounge instaed of depending on the terminal, browse and eat.

• 2 weeks later...

Not enough time as others have said.

JFK is in the borough of Queens,a good distance from Manhattan where the museum is located.

Traffic from JFK to lower Manhattan ,where the museum is located,can be busy at best, bumper to bumper at the worst.

If you really want to explore the sights in Manhattan, I would suggest that you plan to stay a few days before your flight to Barcelona.

Or, plan a stay another time to enjoy the City ( my home town ) .