Sickness on Ex2

Just hearing reports of sickness on Ex2 with some passengers confined to cabins and servers being in place in the buffet. Also passengers who are ill on arriving home. Not good. Due to board next week 🤨🤔

Norovirus can happen anytime on ships or other locations, mainly caused by people not washing their hands.  They will be deep cleaning all areas and hopefully it will have gone by the time you board. Passengers can be confined to cabin to stop any spread if the virus, meals etc are brought to you.  

You should be OK it normally clears up in a few days just be mindful that it's been onboard and be careful what you touch particularly the TV remote which is not normally cleaned. You can identify which cabins are affected by them having a mat outside. 

Saw today on facecloth from a page Admin that they are considering a deep clean of the ship when she comes back into Naples on Tuesnite/Wednesday and those passengers that are due to board which include me will be put in a hotel for a night, so looks like our cruise may/will probably be cut short by a day. 

NB THIS HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED YET

10 hours ago, Jayneykul said:

How are you getting on with this 2BAcruiser? I hope you will get sorted 😩

There is no official news and facecloth page admin have closed &/or deleted Any posts relating to it. From what I can gather approx 70 passengers have symptoms s&d and were/are confined to cabins. But considering there are 1800 passengers plus crew on board its not a great number. I also heard it actually started amongst the entertainment staff. Trying to pack for all eventualities, suitcase resembles back shelf at Boots. 🤣🤞

10 hours ago, Jayneykul said:

How are you getting on with this 2BAcruiser? I hope you will get sorted 😩

There is no official news and facecloth page admin have closed &/or deleted Any posts relating to it. From what I can gather approx 70 passengers have symptoms s&d and were/are confined to cabins. But considering there are 1800 passengers plus crew on board its not a great number. I also heard it actually started amongst the entertainment staff. Trying to pack for all eventualities, suitcase resembles back shelf at Boots. 🤣🤞

I’m on board now. We are being held by Naples port authorities who are investigating the illness before allowing passengers to leave and catch their flights. Hasn’t been the best of holidays to be fair- I’m sure all will be sorted by the time you get here and you’ll have a great time . 

Edited by Travellingcruiser

Explorer 2 has left Naples on her way to Messina so obviously the deep clean has been completed and everyone on board and not in hotels - let's hope everyone on board adheres to hand washing regularly and sanitising and they'll have a good cruise although the weathers not too good

We are due to board next week. Hopefully we will hear some reports as the ship progresses with this week's itinerary.

The social media group was banning posts really because the group was just filled with them, including many which were not true, and also just constant posts about washing hands. I'm not saying don't wash your hands, but honestly all those posts would drive you up the wall, not to mention the feeling the folk about to board must have had. 

Hopefully things will now improve after the fumigation. I also read (may not be true) that Marella are saying it's NOT norovirus. To be fair, a few people onboard had said they were tested and it was negative for norovirus. Only one person said they were actually told by a doctor it was, along with a story about how they were told as they were travelling with the person and that they don't usually tell the patient if they have it. Is that honestly protocol to not tell a patient they have something and only tell the fellow traveller? I find that odd.

Hi

Just left with my wife. Was on the cruise for two weeks and wanted to clear couple of bits up. Loads of rumour etc flying around. 

I had the norovirus start of the 2nd week and ruined 4 days of my cruise. Both me and my wife were very careful and constantly used hand sanitizers and had our own antibacterial hand wash when we out and about. I've never had the norovirus previously and I wish I never get it again cause I was in a world of misery. Just thankful my wife never got it. 

The ain't telling anyone unless you asked. I had to go down and ask after I recovered and I had to be pulled away into a separate room and told very quietly. 

People came down sick on the 1st week and 2nd week and 2 came into the medical room throwing up as a few of us waited to be interviewed briefly by Italian health officials from the port of Naples. 

I really hope things are now sorted for all those going onto the cruise which I expect they have. Though I feel they should have informed people much earlier on what was happening in the 1st week of the cruise. 

2 hours ago, Jayneykul said:

We are getting on next Wednesday Lesley! Hope the weather improves 

The 10 day forecast in Southern Italy is good from tomorrow.Chucking it down at the moment.

40 minutes ago, Vitalsign said:

I wouldn't call 20 to 22 degrees and mainly cloudy over the next 10 days good for this time of year 😎

Better than Huddersfield though,lol. 20 to 22 degrees often turns into spells of 30 and clear sky.In such a large area it's variable. Massive storm predicted today,just a few heavy showers with sun inbetween so far.

It was 21 yesterday and the day before so we're doing well only 18 today

im on Discovery from Corfu end of June and all my ports are having rainy and not warm days  up to 10 days from today - not good. We were in Kotor end of April and it was rainy cloudy 🌂☂️🌨 and cold such a shame for those who'd never been before and it's still like that now so hoping it'll have improved by end of June as my travelling companion has never been

In my weather app it’s all in the 70s from the middle of next week apart from Zakinthos mid 60s how reliable it is who knows but in the words of my O/H “we have a drinks package in place” ha ha 😂🤢

End of June should be OK.July and most of August is more or less unbroken sunshine with temps in the high 30s.Any months outside those,IMO, are unpredictable.