Lack of communication

Poppy42

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

I actually cancelled my MSC seaside cruise for next January (on hold for 11 minutes- getting better). Luckily I got my deposit back. We are headed back to celebrity summit for the 5th time and a user friendly website and CSR department. I'll still check in the future to see if things improve and maybe I'll try again with MSC some day. 

Hi, Im sorry to see you go, But I understand why you did it. Some time's Companies forget that we are paying them for a service, It's not the other  way around , them paying us.Most of us will go along with the ride. Wrong Date's/ Name's/ Account's/ No replys to Emails. Long, Long phone call's. But some time's you may say to yourself , Let's just forget this, And try some where else. It's been nice talking to you over the last few week's.
Reg.

5 minutes ago, edsareg said:

Hi, Im sorry to see you go, But I understand why you did it. Some time's Companies forget that we are paying them for a service, It's not the other  way around , them paying us.Most of us will go along with the ride. Wrong Date's/ Name's/ Account's/ No replys to Emails. Long, Long phone call's. But some time's you may say to yourself , Let's just forget this, And try some where else. It's been nice talking to you over the last few week's.
Reg.

Yes thank you. I have no hard feelings. It just wasnt working for us. 

23 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I always think it's wise to align expectations with price paid. It's no secret here that I consider MSC a budget line. If you are boarding the seaside at an excellent price, I think most will agree that the experience on the ship is significantly better than the shore side experience. With the right mindset, MSC is an excellent value, perhaps the best value on the sea~ but I've rarely gotten campaign on a beer budget and managing expectations is necessary even in the YC.

BTW: I'm still waiting for a call back from 2015. 

Best of luck to you and let us know how it pans out.

We seldom get off of the ship.  We enjoyed our prior MSC cruise on the Devinia.  We've been to so many islands that after a while they all look the same.  We've spent a week at a resort on Puerto Rico, a week at Club Orient on Saint Martin, a week at Puerto Viarta, a week in Rivera Maya and a few others but the cost and inconvenience of flying have us cruising instead. 

20 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Sorry. I didn't understand. Well I booked another inside on the summit for $2300 but nonrefundable deposit. That's ok because we like the summit and it's our 30th anniversary so we were doing a trip anyway. Leaving out of San Juan for 11 days with 8 ports. Better to us than $3300. So saving $1000 and being with a more familiar cruise line was worth it. We went back and forth with this one and Norwegian but ended up with our old friend the summit. We will try MSC again but probably not for a while and definitely for a shorter cruise.

How would you manage to spend 3300 $ on inside cabin on MSC? 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 12:49 PM, Poppy42 said:

Two days ago I tried calling MSC as I wanted our account numbers. We have only traveled once on MSC (11/16).  I called twice and was on hold a total of about 35 minutes.  They have "Call Me" capabilities.  Left my number - STILL WAITING!!!!! Guess my business isn't important to them!

OMG just don't call in evening, call 9 am pres new booking and get your answer. 

2 minutes ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

How would you manage to spend 3300 $ on inside cabin on MSC? 

14 day cruise on the seaside January 25th sailing. Fantastica. All in package. If we cancelled and rebooked it was about 2300 to 2400 without the all in. That was an option but we were turned off at this point.

On 5/12/2019 at 2:25 PM, thecruisers6 said:

Now BB you can have champagne..... with the Premium Plus package 😀

Loved your Canadian scenery photo, cannot wait until October 

The photo I posted was from the upper peninsula of Northern Michigan about 15 minutes from our Cabin. We'd have to cross Lake Superior to get to Canada from there :). Northern Canada is beautiful also, but when you get off the coast it's largely coniferous trees. The best fall colors come from deciduous trees, specifically sugar maples. You are going to have an amazing fall color trip! 

The problems you're having with MSC customer service is just the tip of the iceberg of the problems you will have onboard. Yes, some of it can be due to language barriers, but most of it is because the crew is untrained, rude and their go to answer is NO. I've said on other threads, when you go, take receipts for everything you have purchased or reserved, your status match numbers or proof you're a prior passenger, a complete description of what is suppose to be include in your internet package or drink package or excursion or whatever.

They will still tell you that you didn't buy what you thought you bought or the 'program has changed and that's no longer included' or this was purchased from an outside vender (on the MSC website!) so they can't help you. Better yet, just cancel and re-book with another cruise line.. any cruise line... because they all have their act together better than MSC. 

Happy Cruising. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

OMG just don't call in evening, call 9 am pres new booking and get your answer. 

I'll give it a try tomorrow - but 9 AM?  I just got up and it's after 10.  The only time I get up early is to go to the beach.

12 hours ago, theEvilQueen2 said:

The problems you're having with MSC customer service is just the tip of the iceberg of the problems you will have onboard. Yes, some of it can be due to language barriers, but most of it is because the crew is untrained, rude and their go to answer is NO. I've said on other threads, when you go, take receipts for everything you have purchased or reserved, your status match numbers or proof you're a prior passenger, a complete description of what is suppose to be include in your internet package or drink package or excursion or whatever.

They will still tell you that you didn't buy what you thought you bought or the 'program has changed and that's no longer included' or this was purchased from an outside vender (on the MSC website!) so they can't help you. Better yet, just cancel and re-book with another cruise line.. any cruise line... because they all have their act together better than MSC. 

Happy Cruising. 

We've cruised with them once - November 2016 on the Devinia - and had no problems. 

On 5/13/2019 at 6:50 PM, theEvilQueen2 said:

Happy Cruising. 

This post is concerning.

I have to comment, so far, my booking upcoming on my family's upcoming August Cuba cruise with MSC online and over the phone has been horrendously negative.  Excessively long wait times on the phone, different MSC agents telling me different things on how to link accounts and getting cabin numbers, a website that appears in need of recoding, etc... Wrote so many emails to customer service, even had to write an email expressing my discontent with the agents wrong info.  Can't believe I spent so much time and energy, just with booking!

I have not encountered any booking problems with Carnival, Royal Carribean, or Princess.  Call, book, boom, everything is set, and the actual cruise experience was great.

I'm really hoping the actual cruise with be smooth and pleasant. If not, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

On 5/13/2019 at 9:50 PM, theEvilQueen2 said:

The problems you're having with MSC customer service is just the tip of the iceberg of the problems you will have onboard. Yes, some of it can be due to language barriers, but most of it is because the crew is untrained, rude and their go to answer is NO.

I would respectfully have to disagree with you 100%. Though there are many instances of folks having issues such as you have had, far more people have gotten onboard and had an excellent cruise. I too have had the unpleasant experience of something purchased not showing up onboard, however, the front desk staff were more than helpful and the issue resolved. Had an amazing cruise experience otherwise. Many crew went above and beyond and made sure their guests were happy.
I certainly am not belittling your experience. IMHO, I just feel that you made it sound like the norm, which it is not. Having sailed the Seaside twice, Divina nine times and the Poesia five times, I feel confident in my response.

Bret

On 5/20/2019 at 5:50 PM, cruiseguyinorl said:

I would respectfully have to disagree with you 100%. Though there are many instances of folks having issues such as you have had, far more people have gotten onboard and had an excellent cruise. I too have had the unpleasant experience of something purchased not showing up onboard, however, the front desk staff were more than helpful and the issue resolved. Had an amazing cruise experience otherwise. Many crew went above and beyond and made sure their guests were happy.
I certainly am not belittling your experience. IMHO, I just feel that you made it sound like the norm, which it is not. Having sailed the Seaside twice, Divina nine times and the Poesia five times, I feel confident in my response.

Bret

This is the only problem I've with MSC. I called another number that I had gotten.  Called at, for me, the ungodly hour of 8 AM.  The woman took my info and I received an email the next day with the info I needed.

I've cruised with MSC twice, and never encountered a problem, either booking on line, or with the crew. Sometimes there might be a language problem with a crew member, but that happens on every line, but never encountered rudeness from any of the crew, or at the customer service desk.

On 5/13/2019 at 8:50 PM, theEvilQueen2 said:

Happy Cruising. 

I agree 100%. It is not my definition of vacation when you spend most of your time waiting in line at GS to try and rectify problems. Then their only response is " there must have been a misunderstanding" and proceed to suggest you are lying. This was my experience on the Seaside. At least on other cruise lines they listen to you and correct the problems! It boggles my mind to think someone would spend a fair amount of money on something of which you do not know what you will get. What you get is what MSC decides to give you!!!! 

I sent an email to them in April and NEVER got a response.  I called about booking a cruise and again did not get a response!  It is good that the product is decent or no one would ever sail with this company.