Photo proof of past cruise?

Allura_317

DH found some photos in an old photo album of him and his family on the Tropicale, including pictures of the ship and him in various places on the ship.  Do you think they will accept these photos as proof of a past cruise for VFIP credit?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, galawdog said:

Yes.   It worked for us.   Pictures of our honeymoon (Jubilee 1987) and my wife’s girls-trip (Fantasy 1994) helped us get credit for 11 days.   

Thank you!  DH was on the maiden voyage of Jubilee, he said he remembers balloons being released from the back of the ship:-) Unfortunately, he can't find any pictures so he can't get credit for it.  

6 hours ago, Allura_317 said:

Thank you!  DH was on the maiden voyage of Jubilee, he said he remembers balloons being released from the back of the ship:-) Unfortunately, he can't find any pictures so he can't get credit for it.  

Does he have any information like date, booking number, S&S card, anything that would say he was on that cruise?  

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

Does he have any information like date, booking number, S&S card

- anything that would say he was on that cruise?  

Nothing beats meticulous documentation!! -I even have voyage numbers!!

Unfortunately we don't have any information such as S&S cards or voyage numbers.  However, he does have the year and emailed his sister to get the exact date.  Hopefully the photos will work as they did for a few of you.  But we don't have any documentation of the Jubilee.  His parents probably threw out all of the documentation information for all of his childhood cruises when they moved so they would have less things to move with.  We just submitted an old S&S card of my 96' cruise on the Fascination and got an email from Carnival saying I will get credit for it.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Allura_317 said:

The maiden voyage of the jubilee was 6 July 1986

22 hours ago, Allura_317 said:

We just submitted an old S&S card of my 96' cruise on the Fascination

and got an email from Carnival saying I will get credit for it.  

How nice that you still have your card from 1996!

That's a treasure and you should keep it safely.

If you ever feel the need to dispose of it

I maintain an excellent History-of-Carnival-cards collection

and would be pleased to add it to that collection.

Does your 1996 card look like any of these?

1995 -KeysCarnival.jpg

BlueCards-926.jpg

• Like 1

Does anyone have a good number or email to get this fixed?  I am annoyed because prior to the change to VIFP my first Carnival cruise on Fantasy in 1999 was fully listed, folio, cabin #, etc.  But after the changeover, that cruise sits at the bottom of the list a '1 cruise    4 points  1999.  So I have the credit, but I would like the real info back on the list.  Trying to update that listing is not going through.  I have the cruise card, and boarding photo...  Thanks for any help..EM

1 hour ago, Aplmac said:

How nice that you still have your card from 1996!

That's a treasure and you should keep it safely.

If you ever feel the need to dispose of it

I maintain an excellent History-of-Carnival-cards collection

and would be pleased to add it to that collection.

1995 -KeysCarnival.jpg

BlueCards-926.jpg

My first cruise card from 1999 looks like your third card, for Fascination.  It has the cabin number on it because it was not the key.  My two cards for Celebration in 2008 are like the ones on the bottom but with cabin number, because she still had the plastic keys with the holes.  Interesting that after my 1999 cruise with the ship on it, my next Carnival was in 2007 and I was gold.  Guess it was sometime after that they created the red level.  EM

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aplmac said:

Mine looks like your 4/27/96 Fascination one, I even had late dining in the Imagination dining room:-) . I want to keep it though for the memory!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Does anyone have a good number or email to get this fixed?  I am annoyed because prior to the change to VIFP my first Carnival cruise on Fantasy in 1999 was fully listed, folio, cabin #, etc.  But after the changeover, that cruise sits at the bottom of the list a '1 cruise    4 points  1999.  So I have the credit, but I would like the real info back on the list.  Trying to update that listing is not going through.  I have the cruise card, and boarding photo...  Thanks for any help..EM

I used the file past cruises option in my VFIP account profile.  I emailed scans of the S&S card and photos to carnival at guestsolutionssupport@carnival.com.  It worked for the S&S card, just emailed photos today so I have not heard back.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Allura_317 said:

Thank you; however, he knows the date but unfortunately has no physical proof of it.  

Someone else says they just gave the dates and carnival approved it, you could try that maybe? 

4 hours ago, Allura_317 said:

Mine looks like your 4/27/96 Fascination one,

I even had late dining in the Imagination dining room:-).

I want to keep it though for the memory!

Happy to hear that you value it!!

It's just that I've heard stories of ppl who, immediately after disembarkation,

dump their cruise cards in the nearly trash bin!

How do you do that with something

that has just seen you thru one of the best weeks/cruises of your life?

I know someone who sailed on their honeymoon 17 years ago on the Destiny. 2 years ago they wanted to duplicate this for their 15th anniversary. They were able to send in their pictures from their honeymoon (taken in front of the welcome placard) with smiles on their faces and drinks in hand as proof. Of course, they sent names and dates. They got their past guest #s updated and not much of any delay.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Possibly someone else can chime in but I have the same situation.  My February 1999 cruise on the Destiny only shows 1 previous cruise with 7 days credited.  At first it wasn't there so I added it on their site.  I put in all of the information but it only added it as 1 cruise and the days credited.   Is it possible that it's the only way they are going to show cruises prior to 2000?

We were able to get VFIP credit on my 96' cruise on the Fascination and DH's cruises on the Tropicale and Jubilee (only provided date for Jubilee).  For some odd reason, we both got VFIP credit for all three cruises (21 more points for both of us)?!