Beach excursion for 2 yo to 72 yo?

With a 2yo and 4yo, I’m having trouble making time to research as much as I usually would. Any suggestions for beaches? Need to factor in kid-friendly and senior-friendly - neither of my parents gets around well these days. Best case scenario would be nice Beach with facilities, lounge chairs, shade, decent snorkeling, and a quick trip from the ship to get back for nap time.

We’ve been to St Maarten multiple times before and nothing from my memory jumps out, but were focused on diving/snorkeling since that was before kids. Hope some of you can help, even if there is no perfect option (snorkeling is typically not good at popular beaches). Thanks! 🙏 

p.s Planning to cross-post for Bonaire, Curaçao, and Aruba - the other 3 ports on our Freedom of the Seas cruise next month.

You are very correct that snorkeling is never "very good" from tourist beaches.  The only beach that qualifies in St. Maarten is Great Bay, the beach in front of Philipsburg in the same bay as the cruise dock.  There is a ferry from the excursion dock that goes over there for a few dollars per person.  The only problem is the excursion dock is quite a long walk from the ship - my wife walks with a cane and it took a long time and was difficult for her.  There was a single large golf cart giving people rides but they did not seek out those needing assistance - just picked up anybody - so we never got help from them.

The taxi stand is closer than the ferry dock. A short taxi ride gets you to Little Bay, where there are some hotels on the beach but the public beach has few services. And Orient Beach is about a 20 minute taxi ride. Lots of services but there is a nude section at the south end.  Be aware that all the beaches are likely to have topless women being very European. 

Hope that helps

We went to Little Divi Bay Resort (before the hurricane).  You can see my review in my signature (carnival breeze link).  

It is a time share place but lets cruise ship guests visit.  No cost to get in.  You pay for chairs and umbrellas.  And have access to nice clean bathrooms, a small store, and a few food choices.  (you cant use the pool ).   There is also a rental stand with snorkel stuff, jet skis etc.  We did some snorkeling there and had a good time.  

Just find the taxi stand for Little Divi.  

Is the nap for the kids, parents or seniors? We have been doing a bit of research and decided not to book any excursions. We spent an entire evening researching and think we would like to check out Arashi Beach and Malmok Reef on Aruba. They are over by the lighthouse. See what you think, Kevin.