Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

The OP really seems to have a down on this ship, despite the issues he sought out having been identified by subsequent guests as being addressed.


If you read this forum regularly, you'll see that the OP pretty much hates all things Royal Caribbean. 

You can safely put him on your Ignore User list and not miss out on anything of value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, brillohead said:


If you read this forum regularly, you'll see that the OP pretty much hates all things Royal Caribbean. 

You can safely put him on your Ignore User list and not miss out on anything of value.

 

Agree.  And yet he claims to be Pinnacle.  Makes no sense.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 11:05 PM, brillohead said:


If you read this forum regularly, you'll see that the OP pretty much hates all things Royal Caribbean. 

You can safely put him on your Ignore User list and not miss out on anything of value.

What?? and miss all the fun?

 

Just left Explorer... yes there are a few misted windows here and there and one hot tub has scuffs, but nothing at all to worry about. Business as usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on her a couple of weeks ago and it was as fab as usual. I didn’t even notice any real maintenance issues whatsoever and just concentrated on having a brilliant break.  No point in being consumed by negativity. You pay a lot of money for a cruise so why not just enjoy it 😎😎😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

I was on her a couple of weeks ago and it was as fab as usual. I didn’t even notice any real maintenance issues whatsoever and just concentrated on having a brilliant break.  No point in being consumed by negativity. You pay a lot of money for a cruise so why not just enjoy it 😎😎😎

when you pay a lot of money to cruise, you want a ship that is great shape...not misted windows and hot tubs that need maintenance IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, scottraveller said:

Couldn’t give a jot

 

A couple of misted windows in obscure locations and one hot tub needing a touch of tlc..........will that seriously spoil my cruise in 6 weeks time?

 

NOT.A.CHANCE.

 

if you're the kind of person who spends their *expensive* cruise hunting out minor issues, then you'll find them. That kind of attitude is self-fulfilling.

 

Me, I'm on my 13th cruise, with my family around me, AND I AM GOING TO HAVE AN ABSOLUTE BALL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

 

A couple of misted windows in obscure locations and one hot tub needing a touch of tlc..........will that seriously spoil my cruise in 6 weeks time?

 

NOT.A.CHANCE.

 

if you're the kind of person who spends their *expensive* cruise hunting out minor issues, then you'll find them. That kind of attitude is self-fulfilling.

 

Me, I'm on my 13th cruise, with my family around me, AND I AM GOING TO HAVE AN ABSOLUTE BALL.

Totally mising the point - the ship was/ is old and run down - a rust bucket🙄

 

The worst ship in the fleet that we have been on - compared to Indy or Navigator.....not even comparable!😱

 

Could it have ben better - YES!

 

Did it totally spoil our vacation - NO!

 

Did we expect RCI to do more for the money we spend - YES!👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

 

A couple of misted windows in obscure locations and one hot tub needing a touch of tlc..........will that seriously spoil my cruise in 6 weeks time?

 

NOT.A.CHANCE.

 

if you're the kind of person who spends their *expensive* cruise hunting out minor issues, then you'll find them. That kind of attitude is self-fulfilling.

 

Me, I'm on my 13th cruise, with my family around me, AND I AM GOING TO HAVE AN ABSOLUTE BALL.

I totally agree with you and to have your special family with you is tremendous.

Best wishes for a great family holiday.

Graham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Totally mising the point - the ship was/ is old and run down - a rust bucket🙄

 

The worst ship in the fleet that we have been on - compared to Indy or Navigator.....not even comparable!😱

 

Could it have ben better - YES!

 

Did it totally spoil our vacation - NO!

 

Did we expect RCI to do more for the money we spend - YES!👍

 

I didnt think you spent much with all those FCC's

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

I didnt think you spent much with all those FCC's

Missing the point again! 🙄

 The real question is : does  a RCI ship have to be this run dow  and torn for the price they are asking? 🤔 👎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I totally agree with you and to have your special family with you is tremendous.

Best wishes for a great family holiday.

Graham.

If that is all that matters.... there are cheaper  cruise lines out there! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I totally agree with you and to have your special family with you is tremendous.

Best wishes for a great family holiday.

Graham.

 

 

Thanks Graham,

 

'Thorben-Hendrick' is on my "ignore" list (in fact IS my ignore list) as the negativity irrated me beyond belief. I have just yesterday, watched a guest's video of their cruise on Explorer two weeks ago and she looks in great shape. ("rust bucket" indeed ha!)

 

It's me & DW ( both diamond) and DD, her partner and 13 year old son - 3 first time cruisers. 21 July out of Southampton - pre cruise tingles starting,!

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Missing the point again! 🙄

 The real question is : does  a RCI ship have to be this run dow  and torn for the price they are asking? 🤔 👎

It isn't. Only in your biased, nit picking eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

It isn't. Only in your biased, nit picking eyes.

Ohhh really? 🤔

I would say 9 out of 10 people asked in the street would find the pictures not flattering and rather run down for  a cruiseship!

Maybe I should print them and make a street - survey on youtube! 🤔😀

I am sure you will have a fabulous, outstanding, sensational trip!

You just have to! 👍

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Ohhh really? 🤔

I would say 9 out of 10 people asked in the street would find the pictures not flattering and rather run down for  a cruiseship!

Maybe I should print them and make a street - survey on youtube! 🤔😀

I am sure you will have a fabulous, outstanding, sensational trip!

You just have to! 👍

 

Yes the pictures you selectively sought out  which are unrepresentative of the ship as a whole. You are ignoring all the subsequent guests who found very little of the issues you wasted your valuable vacation time hunting out.

 

You have your opinion, to which you are 100% entitled. You have expressed your opinion, which, again, you are entitled to do.

 

Others disagree, especially some who have sailed on the Explorer since you (see the earlier post with photos of loads of new loungers being loaded aboard) - but you wish to ignore those because they run contrary to your opinion.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

You have your opinion, to which you are 100% entitled. You have expressed your opinion, which, again, you are entitled to do.

👍

12 minutes ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

Others disagree, especially some who have sailed on the Explorer since you (see the earlier post with photos of loads of new loungers being loaded aboard) - but you wish to ignore those because they run contrary to your opinion. 

 Oh I'm totally glad they're doing steps in the right direction👍 such as the loungers!

But most of the other posts are irrelevant or didn't address the issue that I posted....

Best example is the dude that posted a picture of a totally different hot tub and claimed the ones I criticized  have been fixed #fakenews🙄👎😱

 Now if  you never use the pool deck the whole thing doesn't matter to you anyway👍😀

Same for the WJ....

BTW  I didn't look for anything.... there were lots of other things where I didn't even bother to take a picture.... 🙄

 

 

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

 

 

Thanks Graham,

 

'Thorben-Hendrick' is on my "ignore" list (in fact IS my ignore list) as the negativity irrated me beyond belief. I have just yesterday, watched a guest's video of their cruise on Explorer two weeks ago and she looks in great shape. ("rust bucket" indeed ha!)

 

It's me & DW ( both diamond) and DD, her partner and 13 year old son - 3 first time cruisers. 21 July out of Southampton - pre cruise tingles starting,!

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks.

We just got off Independence 5-28-19 and we had a fantastic time.

It was a 3 night cruise,our 50th cruise and we still get excited about getting on a ship.

I'm sure your family will get hooked on cruising like the vast majority of us who cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks.

We just got off Independence 5-28-19 and we had a fantastic time.

It was a 3 night cruise,our 50th cruise and we still get excited about getting on a ship.

I'm sure your family will get hooked on cruising like the vast majority of us who cruise.

Totally irrelevant to Explorer AND this topic ! #grahamschat

🙄

 

 

 

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Ohhh really? 🤔

I would say 9 out of 10 people asked in the street would find the pictures not flattering and rather run down for  a cruiseship!

Maybe I should print them and make a street - survey on youtube! 🤔😀

I am sure you will have a fabulous, outstanding, sensational trip!

You just have to! 👍

We just got off Independence plus we were on her just after her refurb last May and the cabins had not been refurbished and the cabin sofa looked worn then and now but the cabin was immaculately clean.

We have been on several ships maiden voyages and there were things that we could have picked fault with just like you did by the photos you posted.

I always look at the bigger picture and the rest of the ships were fantastic in many ways which always makes up for any minor flaws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We just got off Independence plus we were on her just after her refurb last May and the cabins had not been refurbished and the cabin sofa looked worn then and now but the cabin was immaculately clean.

We have been on several ships maiden voyages and there were things that we could have picked fault with just like you did by the photos you posted.

I always look at the bigger picture and the rest of the ships were fantastic in many ways which always makes up for any minor flaws.

 Okay so let me get t this straight🤔 you have not been on Explorer at the same time that I have been on her....

Yet you are inclined to judge - way to go!🙄

 No travel  agencies to be opened today? 🤔

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Totally irrelevant to Explorer AND this topic ! #grahamschat

🙄

 

 

 

My reply to someone like me getting excited about getting on a ship and saying his first time cruiser family will get hooked is hardly irrelevant.

We have been on explorer as well as most RC ships and your photos were the exception imo.

I thanked you for posting them as it is not acceptable but other posters replied that maintenance soon rectified the issued you rightly highlighted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

My reply to someone like me getting excited about getting on a ship and saying his first time cruiser family will get hooked is hardly irrelevant. 

It totally is there are off topic chats for that! 👍

 

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We have been on explorer as well as most RC ships and your photos were the exception imo. 

Exactly why I posted them - sub RCI standard! 😱

 

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

but other posters replied that maintenance soon rectified the issued you rightly highlighted. 

Only for some issues and lots of fake claims.... but I hope all gets fixed! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

 Okay so let me get t this straight🤔 you have not been on Explorer at the same time that I have been on her.... you have as a matter of fact never been on Explorer at all!

Yet you are inclined to judge - way to go!🙄

 No travel  agencies to be opened today? 🤔

We have been on Explorer.

We are D+

Elite on Princess.

High loyalty on P&O.

Mid loyalty on NCL.

Elite on Celebrity.

We have been on 50 cruises each one I can 

Name.

Date

Itinerary.

I agreed early in this thread that your photos looked shocking but people have posted since to say the issues were sorted.

Life is short and if you look on the positive side things are always better than being over negative.

IMG-20171128-WA0011.jpg

Edited by grapau27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...