Looking for Churchill

dlouise

I believe that the Butler’s get to pick their assignments by seniority. Therefore, their areas of responsibility may change, from cruise to cruise and ship to ship, depending upon whom ever else is sailing with them as the crew ( Butlers) rotate on their contracts. Therefore, Butler A currently could be senior aboard, working a certain section, then the ship pick up two more senior Butlers on a crew rotation, and Butler A, then gets an entirely different section to work on the next cruise. Cruisers can pre guess that.

42 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I believe that the Butler’s get to pick their assignments by seniority. Therefore, their areas of responsibility may change, from cruise to cruise and ship to ship, depending upon whom ever else is sailing with them as the crew ( Butlers) rotate on their contracts. Therefore, Butler A currently could be senior aboard, working a certain section, then the ship pick up two more senior Butlers on a crew rotation, and Butler A, then gets an entirely different section to work on the next cruise. Cruisers can pre guess that.

Dont know anything about that but I do know when I asked the boss..he told me what I responded..

Jancruz1

Yea, Churchill (our very first butler) will be on our Marina sailing. Now if only we could get a PH. When we aren't in a suite, Churchill comes to say hello to us in Martini's. Real great person.

• 5 months later...

Just had Churchill on the Insignia.   OMG Best butler we’ve had on any cruise on any cruise line!  He was so accommodating, kind, and fun!  He anticipated any of our needs even those we didn’t know yet.  He strongly urged us to do a dinner in our suite.  I actually prefer to go to the restaurants but decided to do it.  What an amazing dinner, served course by course, and all courses determined by Churchill. Never would have thought to order some of the foods but wow!  What a dinner!  Hope that we can sail with him again.  If reading, Frank del Rio, you should know you have a real gem!  Churchill is simply the best 

On 11/9/2019 at 10:23 AM, PINEY10 said:

Just had Churchill on the Insignia.   OMG Best butler we’ve had on any cruise on any cruise line!  He was so accommodating, kind, and fun!  He anticipated any of our needs even those we didn’t know yet.  He strongly urged us to do a dinner in our suite.  I actually prefer to go to the restaurants but decided to do it.  What an amazing dinner, served course by course, and all courses determined by Churchill. Never would have thought to order some of the foods but wow!  What a dinner!  Hope that we can sail with him again.  If reading, Frank del Rio, you should know you have a real gem!  Churchill is simply the best 

Can't pick our next cruise depending on who will be our butler.   Going next week and hope for the best. 

Even if your favorite butler is on your cruise, you don't know that your cabin will be one that he is assigned to.

A big matter of luck, I think.

That being said, we've never been unhappy with any butler who has served us.

I DO understand that when you have a favorite you want him to be "yours" again.

Mura

On 11/13/2019 at 8:46 AM, CruisingIGo said:

We are on Insignia now and have Churchill as our butler.......totally great!

Oh good, he's wonderful!  If you see this and can say hi for me, let him know Tim and Paige (from Marina's maiden voyage) send our very best.  He may remember us as he gave us a wonderful shell with Goa engraved on it, and we treasure it still.  It's been in our office on our desk for years and we think of him often.  Would love it if he was on the Insignia ATW 2021 where we're booked.