Cruise Critic Community
JAMESCC

Does everyone have to get the soda package?

I know with the alcohol package all adults have to purchase staying in the same cabin, but does that go for the soda package too? I have lost nearly 70 pounds, on my way to 82 and I do NOT drink soda at all anymore. I drink water only so I am gonna take 10-12 water bottles on with us and bring a reusable water bottle to fill with ship water. I really hope I don't have to get the soda package. Oh I should say my wife and our son will get the soda package. Thanks for any info.

No everyone doesn't need to get it.  It isn't treated like the DBP.  Congratulations on the weight loss.  I've started on a low carb diet and eliminated soda completely just this week.  I lost 7 pounds since last Sunday!

Edited by Tree_skier

58 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

No everyone doesn't need to get it.  It isn't treated like the DBP.  Congratulations on the weight loss.  I've started on a low carb diet and eliminated soda completely just this week.  I lost 7 pounds since last Sunday!

Oh great, thank you for the info. Yeah soda and most sugary drinks, really all sugary drinks not only make you gain weight they are just bad in every way for you. Cutting those out is a big part of the battle. I use the my fitness app to track calories and macros but macros are more important. Protein, sugar intake, fat intake, saturated fat intake, sodium, potassium, all of those are good to track. I have roughly 16 more pounds to go. This summer I am going in the pool for the first time in years. 

Good luck, I hope you achieve your weight goal. Thanks again for the info, I am SO glad I don't have to purchase the soda package.

Well done  🙂

Enjoy the pool, Have a great cruise

Unlike the alcohol package, not all adults in the same cabin have to get the soda package; if one chooses to, only that one person has to have it.   My family and I are going on Harmony in early June and while my wife opted for the soda package, I never get it on ships - the water tastes great and the iced tea is always good as well.  It's all I need onboard.

14 hours ago, Sosai X said:

Unlike the alcohol package, not all adults in the same cabin have to get the soda package; if one chooses to, only that one person has to have it.   My family and I are going on Harmony in early June and while my wife opted for the soda package, I never get it on ships - the water tastes great and the iced tea is always good as well.  It's all I need onboard.

Yup.

We've gotten either the Soda and Refreshment (includes soda) package for just one person on multiple cruises.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001