Voyage Log

TiogaCruiser

Has anyone come up with an easy way to bring the new Voyage Log home without folding it?

I’m thinking a tube would take up too much space. I folded my last one, but would prefer to keep this one unfolded. I sure wish they were smaller.

(For those who think the Voyage Log is a waste of paper and/ or you just recycle them, fine. I’d appreciate it if you kept those comments for another thread.😀)

2 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Has anyone come up with an easy way to bring the new Voyage Log home without folding it?

I’m thinking a tube would take up too much space. I folded my last one, but would prefer to keep this one unfolded. I sure wish they were smaller.

(For those who think the Voyage Log is a waste of paper and/ or you just recycle them, fine. I’d appreciate it if you kept those comments for another thread.😀)

I just put it in the bottom of my suitcase or in the zipper compartment and it stayed flat and was fine.

I didn’t keep the one for the first segment as I had taken a picture of it.  That does the trick as well for me 😉.  

some questions, I have heard a few words about the voyage log.  My questions what is it, and does everybody receive one.  We will be on the Volendam, 18 September 2019, headed to Alaska. Thank you.

25 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

some questions, I have heard a few words about the voyage log.  My questions what is it, and does everybody receive one.  We will be on the Volendam, 18 September 2019, headed to Alaska. Thank you.

It just shows the different ports you have been to, etc.

Everyone gets one on most cruises (I say, most as some have reported not getting them but that is in the past) so, yes you should get one.

It looks something like this (this is from our 2nd segment on our recent cruise).

2FC34287-DFCF-490B-A883-180D115232E7.thumb.jpeg.af7b7157200a5c1f21acef98106ea4bf.jpeg

One suggestion would be to pack two pieces of cardboard roughly the same size of the voyage log and put it in between the cardboard in your suitcase for the trip home. I travel a lot and I have done this many times to protect documents, pictures, etc. and has always worked great. It also is flat so doesn't take up very much space in the bottom of your suitcase going and coming and weighs almost nothing. I have also used this to travel with silk ties for formal nights and has always worked. 👍