Casco Viejo from Fuerto Amador port

catsngoats

We (4 adults) will have a day in Panama City in January 2020 before the full transit the next day, on Oceania Marina.  What are the current options for getting into Casco Viejo (old town)?  Are there free shuttles, or plenty of taxi cabs, or a local tour guide/driver?  We want to go in the morning, as a tour to Monkey Island will be in the afternoon.  The ship's tours are now available but I would prefer 'local' options.

14 minutes ago, catsngoats said:

We (4 adults) will have a day in Panama City in January 2020 before the full transit the next day, on Oceania Marina.  What are the current options for getting into Casco Viejo (old town)?  Are there free shuttles, or plenty of taxi cabs, or a local tour guide/driver?  We want to go in the morning, as a tour to Monkey Island will be in the afternoon.  The ship's tours are now available but I would prefer 'local' options.

I've been there on Marina, but going in the opposite direction, so we were at Fuerte Amador after our canal transit. I don't recall a free shuttle into Panama City, and if you look on the Oceania board there's a regularly updated "sticky" thread at the top listing the ports where Oceania offers free shuttles and neither Fuerte Amador nor Panama City are on that list.:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1401115-oceanias-free-shuttles-list/page/19/?tab=comments#comment-57437765

19 hours ago, njhorseman said:

I've been there on Marina, but going in the opposite direction, so we were at Fuerte Amador after our canal transit. I don't recall a free shuttle into Panama City, and if you look on the Oceania board there's a regularly updated "sticky" thread at the top listing the ports where Oceania offers free shuttles and neither Fuerte Amador nor Panama City are on that list.:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1401115-oceanias-free-shuttles-list/page/19/?tab=comments#comment-57437765

Thanks for the updated shuttle list.  I do recall seeing this a few months ago.