McKinley the Moose

Adam&Eve

Just curious if anyone has purchased Stanley's new friend, McKinley the Moose (on Princess Cruises' instagram recently).  'Mac' is apparently available on board all Alaska voyages starting in May.  We're sailing to Alaska for the first time in late June and I'm hoping they're selling 'Mac' on board.

Also interested to hear if there's anything else happening with the celebration of 50 years of Princess sailing to Alaska.

Edited by Adam&Eve
spelling
  • Haha 1

No.  I saw him and he was cute.  I thought about it but really wanted the Stanley Nesting Dolls.  I was so disappointed that they changed inventory and would NOT go get the, for me.  Then, to add insult to injury, they were out again when we disembarked in Vancouver with no way for me to get them from the closed store.  

• Thanks 1

I wonder if they’ll have a “life sized” version of McKinley, like they do sometimes with Stanley. Sadly, I haven’t seen the Stanley meet & greet thing on our sailing... but it would be awesome (for my daughter anyway) if they did something similar with McKinley! 

I see lots of people lament that there isn’t much for families on Princess, but this is a natural way to add some more options for kids outside the kid’s club. 

• Like 1

Stanley Nesting Dolls!?  I would love these.

But I am hoping they put McKinley on the celebration package in addition to Stanley. I got Stanley for my son last summer, and this summer we are sailing with a group, including 3 nephews and I was going to get them each the celebration package of Stanley, an inflatable or stuffed ship and some candy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, flutprop said:

But I am hoping they put McKinley on the celebration package in addition to Stanley. I got Stanley for my son last summer, and this summer we are sailing with a group, including 3 nephews and I was going to get them each the celebration package of Stanley, an inflatable or stuffed ship and some candy.

They were too cute!  I’m so disappointed that I did not buy them that night.  Been scouring eBay, etc but don’t see any, anywhere.  May call Princess at some point, but won’t bother them now, they have more important things to take care of.

On 5/13/2019 at 1:13 AM, Adam&Eve said:

Just curious if anyone has purchased Stanley's new friend, McKinley the Moose (on Princess Cruises' instagram recently).  'Mac' is apparently available on board all Alaska voyages starting in May.  We're sailing to Alaska for the first time in late June and I'm hoping they're selling 'Mac' on board.

Also interested to hear if there's anything else happening with the celebration of 50 years of Princess sailing to Alaska.

He is available for purchase onboard. The Royal has a bunch of Macs on display in the shop this cruise. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks very much to all - and particularly the photo from Cyncyn!

Although now I want to buy Mac and the very large Stanley ... which will definitely be too much for my suitcase to handle coming back to Melbourne 😛

I guess I can always post them home 🙂

On 5/13/2019 at 10:39 PM, Dani24 said:

I wonder if they’ll have a “life sized” version of McKinley, like they do sometimes with Stanley. Sadly, I haven’t seen the Stanley meet & greet thing on our sailing... but it would be awesome (for my daughter anyway) if they did something similar with McKinley! 

I see lots of people lament that there isn’t much for families on Princess, but this is a natural way to add some more options for kids outside the kid’s club. 

Look who I saw as we were waiting in line to get off the ship in Skagway today...

IMG_4655.JPG

• Like 6

On 5/14/2019 at 1:21 AM, flutprop said:

But I am hoping they put McKinley on the celebration package in addition to Stanley.

YES!!! So do I!   We are celebrating my daughter's birthday and had originally planned to get the celebration package, but now I'd prefer McKinley. I'd rather not tote both Stanley and McKinley back from Alaska on top of the stuffed animal she's traveled with for the past 5 years.

22 hours ago, Thrak said:

Must be that pesky Y chromosome. I just don't get Stanley or McKinley.

Don't worry...me either really....

But since we are traveling for her 7th birthday we were going to get the kids celebration package....then because she has a similar name to McKinley I'd rather have the moose! I'm pretty sure we told her she couldn't get Stanley last year....go figure.

3 hours ago, phred119s said:

Don't worry...me either really....

But since we are traveling for her 7th birthday we were going to get the kids celebration package....then because she has a similar name to McKinley I'd rather have the moose! I'm pretty sure we told her she couldn't get Stanley last year....go figure.

Ahh... young children. We have grandchildren ranging from 23 years old to 8 months old. I love visiting the little ones or having them visit us but, in the end, we are happy to let them go home. We raised 3.5 kids (we took one in from about 12 to 18) and my wife ran a home daycare for 20 years before going back to school. I worked at her daycare full time for 4.5 years. We love kids but we're just too dang old to have them full time anymore. Of course when my kids were 7 we were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too poor to cruise. We did lots of camping. 😏

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2019 at 12:21 AM, flutprop said:

I had a friend cruising and sent $$ with her.  She got them for me to give to my Niece!! Ignore the messy background.  Just took a quick pic to send to her mom.

53EF334D-1052-4EC0-874C-21695707EDCC.jpeg

• Like 1