Just returned from Oasis May 5th Sailing

6 minutes ago, OACAggie said:

Hope you enjoyed your cruise. Was the AT working completely or were the shows "modified"?

Thanks.

The AT shows were apparently scaled down a bit. We were told that since the divers had not been practising for over a month, they would not do the full blown show. Others had said the shows were modified because of damage to the movable floor, so I'm not sure. I didn't actually go to the show, but my son and daughter in law did and they said it was great.

1 hour ago, above sea level cruiser said:

No problem. I just wanted to let people that have upcoming Oasis cruises know that the ship is fine and settle any concerns they may have with what impact the accident actually had on our sailing.

Thank you! We have been on the Oasis two times and loved it! Our next is on the Harmony.

3 hours ago, above sea level cruiser said:

The AT shows were apparently scaled down a bit. We were told that since the divers had not been practising for over a month, they would not do the full blown show. Others had said the shows were modified because of damage to the movable floor, so I'm not sure. I didn't actually go to the show, but my son and daughter in law did and they said it was great.

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, ibonexheadi said:

not an "incident" related question, but what was the beer selection like? any cider on tap anywhere? 

I'm not sure about cider on the ship, but I did see cider on tap in a lot of the ports. I ventured out of my usual comfort zone of Budweiser and tried many different local beers and draft beer. All were very very good.

18 minutes ago, ibonexheadi said:

not an "incident" related question, but what was the beer selection like? any cider on tap anywhere? 

Royal typically offers Angry Orchard and/or Strongbow.

2 hours ago, above sea level cruiser said:

I didn't mean to restrict this post to just "incident" related questions. It was just a big issue before our cruise so I thought I would be able to report back on the damage to the ship for those that have cruises after us. Any and all questions are welcome, I will do my best to answer them all.

Thanks for updating us on the condition of the ship, I'm so glad your sailing went off without a hitch and that the ship is in good shape.  How was the weather? It looks like it might be cooler than I had thought.  We sail on the 19th.

Thanks

1 hour ago, brank813 said:

Thanks for updating us on the condition of the ship, I'm so glad your sailing went off without a hitch and that the ship is in good shape.  How was the weather? It looks like it might be cooler than I had thought.  We sail on the 19th.

Thanks

We had great weather. A little cool some days, a little shower one day. Other than that, sunny and nice. Nice enough to get a sunburn. I hope you enjoy your trip!

Slightly off topic but can you remember what time you had to be back on board for Palma?  

And were there taxis at the port?  We were there last year but we went on a ship's excursion and I didn't pay much attention to taxis or what time to get back.

I believe I paid for this bus. Pretty sure it was no cash, they all blended together by now. I believe Naples is so big and industrial RCL provided free bus there. I did not take a picture of the drink menu but the drink of the day was around 10 dollars.

• Like 1

Thanks No Bananas - that's good news.  We looking at booking a Catamaran that gets back to Palma at 3.  It's only 5 mins drive back to the ship so we hopefully there will be a few taxis driving up and down the promenade. 

Do you know if taxis can get right up to the ship?  Or will we have to catch a shuttle at the port entrance?

Honestly I don't remember! I will say that we used Italy tour Sharing for 2 tours. The guides know the times better than you will and will get you to the ship on time. They need to protect their reputations and don't want negative comments on social sights about missed sailings. Good luck we enjoyed Palma very much.

Maybe you can help with this one. I have posted on many forums but can't get an answer. for those who embarked in Rome, what time was the Muster drill?

bonus points if anyone can answer what time they started check-in.. my pass says 2:30 start.. I heard earlier

Thank you for offering to answer questions...I have many.

What was the temperature on the ship...not precisely but would you need a pashmina or cardigan for evening wear ?

What does ' smart casual' mean on Oasis, in the Med?

How does Anytime Dining work? Seems to contradict its name if you have to book. We have child in party who may need siesta so times will vary.

Are men allowed in dining room in tailored shorts?

Anything we should try not to miss?

Thank you for any replies or additional information you can offer.

2 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Thank you for offering to answer questions...I have many.

What was the temperature on the ship...not precisely but would you need a pashmina or cardigan for evening wear ? ...

My wife finds some areas of the ship cool in the evening, such as the main theater, so she brings a light sweater.

• Like 1