Harmony Boardwalk Ocean View Balcony.

12 minutes ago, Artemus said:

What would a connecting room have to do with noise? If anything I think I would avoid staying in a room beside two connecting rooms.

If there are noisy neighbors, they will be heard much more through a connecting door.

On 5/13/2019 at 3:02 PM, taglovestocruise said:

What is your cabin number, there are no boardwalk cabins with a ocean view.  It might be possible to have a boardwalk cabin with the smallest pick a boo I can almost see blue if I squint cabin. Some TA'S will tell you that a aft boardwalk cabin has a view of the ocean, not true. 

Had last cabin Boardwalk on Oasis deck 12 and had a great view of the ocean from our balcony.  Noise was never an issue.  As Bob posted, privacy is an issue.

9 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Had last cabin Boardwalk on Oasis deck 12 and had a great view of the ocean from our balcony.  Noise was never an issue.  As Bob posted, privacy is an issue.

We are talking about Harmony which has the Abyss. After Oasis has it's dry dock and if the slide is installed the last two cabins on both sides deck 8 - 14 will be obstructed view cabins with little view. 

On 5/13/2019 at 12:43 PM, Ashland said:

We an extended family had the last four aft cabins on deck #9 on Harmony starboardside. Got them at a great price when bookings were just released for the new ship and thought we would try this location......Never again !!!!

Why?

12 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

We are talking about Harmony which has the Abyss. After Oasis has it's dry dock and if the slide is installed the last two cabins on both sides deck 8 - 14 will be obstructed view cabins with little view. 

Sad as it was a great view on Oasis.

On 5/13/2019 at 1:18 PM, Artemus said:

Anyone ever had one ? I’m just wondering if there are any negatives. It’s on the ocean side opposite the retail space between Johnny Rocket’s and the hot doghouse. I

On 5/13/2019 at 2:41 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Oceanview balconies are on the outside of the ship.  Boardwalk balconies are on the interior.  If a cabin is "facing" retail space, Johnny Rockets and the Doghouse, it is an interior balcony on the Boardwalk.  Not oceanview.

I was very confused by the OP and Merion_Mom clarifies very well cabin layout descriptions.  Having said that we had the very last balcony facing into the Boardwalk, just before the Aft Cabins.  We did it so we could get a little bit of a view of the ocean if we sat on our balcony.  WE LOVED THIS CABIN.  

Why did we LOVE this cabin?  It satisfied my desired to 'see the ocean' when I am on a ship from my cabin.  Bonus was to enjoy the Aqua Show from my balcony without worrying about seats in the Aqua Theater (what a terrific viewpoint).  As far as noise.....no more than when we had a Central Park balcony on Allure --- when the door to the balcony was closed and we were IN the cabin.  Sitting on the balcony, I actually enjoyed the sounds of the 'street' below --- they weren't disruptive (I guess if you wanted to nap on the balcony, they could be).  

Would I do it again....Absolutely.  It just is a long walk to the other side of the ship.....for us....that is just fine.

9 hours ago, Snit13 said:

Sad as it was a great view on Oasis.

9 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

I was very confused by the OP and Merion_Mom clarifies very well cabin layout descriptions.  Having said that we had the very last balcony facing into the Boardwalk, just before the Aft Cabins.  We did it so we could get a little bit of a view of the ocean if we sat on our balcony.  WE LOVED THIS CABIN.  

Why did we LOVE this cabin?  It satisfied my desired to 'see the ocean' when I am on a ship from my cabin.  Bonus was to enjoy the Aqua Show from my balcony without worrying about seats in the Aqua Theater (what a terrific viewpoint).  As far as noise.....no more than when we had a Central Park balcony on Allure --- when the door to the balcony was closed and we were IN the cabin.  Sitting on the balcony, I actually enjoyed the sounds of the 'street' below --- they weren't disruptive (I guess if you wanted to nap on the balcony, they could be).  

Would I do it again....Absolutely.  It just is a long walk to the other side of the ship.....for us....that is just fine.

9 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

Didn't the bell ringing from the rock climbing wall also create noise most of the day?  

On 5/15/2019 at 5:34 PM, Cruise a holic said:

Didn't the bell ringing from the rock climbing wall also create noise most of the day?  

With the balcony door closed, I heard NO NOISES and I am NOT deaf.  If I was sitting on the balcony, I heard it, just like I heard the carousel music and any other people noises from the Boardwalk neighborhood....and of course it is a different experience than having an oceanview balcony, but we definitely enjoyed it and would do it again.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/15/2019 at 8:07 AM, Paulette3028 said:

Hello. I realize this post is a couple months old but if you see this can you let me know what cabin you had on Harmony. Mine for my cruise next week is 12717 and best I can tell I will be able to see the ocean from my Boardwalk balcony. Thank you!

23 minutes ago, vidsmart said:

Hello. I realize this post is a couple months old but if you see this can you let me know what cabin you had on Harmony. Mine for my cruise next week is 12717 and best I can tell I will be able to see the ocean from my Boardwalk balcony. Thank you!

Please post your experience with this cabin when you get back, especially how much/if the Abyss blocks your view. We are booked in 10317 on the Oasis next year after the Amp'd up drydock, so are wondering about the impact of the Abyss. We've done BW balconies many times on Oasis and Allure which currently don't have the slide. You should get a good view of the ocean (we've been as far back as ---15 w/ no problem) but I don't know how much the Abyss will affect your view. 

40 minutes ago, vidsmart said:

we were in 11329.  if that helps/

On 5/14/2019 at 4:59 PM, Tree_skier said:

Why?

Noise late into the night (after 11:00pm) from the Aqua Theater especially movies. Kid's climbing the rope ladders (yelling) which was a deck just under our cabins also very late while their parents sat in the boardwalk bar drinking and paying no attention to the noise they were making. Lack of privacy unless the drapes were closed. We felt even though we had four cabins and had the divider's open the balconies were so (narrow) small. And of course there's the Abyss. We booked these cabins when they were first released for Harmony and before the Abyss detail was known. Glad we tried this category...and at the great price point I got....but never again. I've booked us all again on Harmony May 2020 but in JS's. 

Cabins .... 9729, 9727,9725 & 9723.

Edited by Ashland

48 minutes ago, jdg623 said:

Please post your experience with this cabin when you get back, especially how much/if the Abyss blocks your view. We are booked in 10317 on the Oasis next year after the Amp'd up drydock, so are wondering about the impact of the Abyss. We've done BW balconies many times on Oasis and Allure which currently don't have the slide. You should get a good view of the ocean (we've been as far back as ---15 w/ no problem) but I don't know how much the Abyss will affect your view. 

Would be glad to! I leave 8/4 and I am one of those that stays connected at all times so you should hear from me well before I get back...

Tried boardwalk balcony one time, one was enough. To me it is such a disappointment, zero privacy, can’t go out in PJs, noise was loud at times, couldn’t even change out in cabin without always closing curtains. Ocean view balcony is the only way to go. Nothing like pulling into ports enjoying the view in your PJs, even if I never stepped foot on my balcony, it is so worth it. Curtains never get closed. A full ocean view all the time. On the oasis class ships, you can forget you are even on the ocean with very few ocean view areas. Must get an ocean balcony. 

24 minutes ago, renza said:

Tried boardwalk balcony one time, one was enough. To me it is such a disappointment, zero privacy, can’t go out in PJs, noise was loud at times, couldn’t even change out in cabin without always closing curtains. Ocean view balcony is the only way to go.

My pajamas cover all my necessary bits, much more than my swimsuit, so I would have no problem going out on any balcony in my jammies.  My bedhead is much more likely to offend than my jammies are!

26 minutes ago, renza said:

Nothing like pulling into ports enjoying the view in your PJs, even if I never stepped foot on my balcony, it is so worth it. Curtains never get closed. A full ocean view all the time. On the oasis class ships, you can forget you are even on the ocean with very few ocean view areas. Must get an ocean balcony. 

I've never spent an entire cruise inside my room without leaving, so I always have many chances to see the ocean.  But if you enjoy sitting in your room and not experiencing the rest of the ship, more power to you.  We each have choices, which is what's so great about cruising, there's something for everyone!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, brillohead said:

My pajamas cover all my necessary bits, much more than my swimsuit, so I would have no problem going out on any balcony in my jammies.  My bedhead is much more likely to offend than my jammies are!

I've never spent an entire cruise inside my room without leaving, so I always have many chances to see the ocean.  But if you enjoy sitting in your room and not experiencing the rest of the ship, more power to you.  We each have choices, which is what's so great about cruising, there's something for everyone!

Nor have I spent my whole cruise in my cabin, but when I am in it showering and getting ready for dinner or in the morning drinking my coffee watching the ship dock it’s awesome. In your case you should stick with an inside cabin. On oasis class ship your ocean views are limited. I love water views. That’s why I choose to vacation and live on water. My backyard 

F1098242-440F-43E1-BE87-8947BC7D5625.jpeg

Edited by renza
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, renza said:

On oasis class ship your ocean views are limited.

Not any more so than Voyager and Freedom class....

You have the exact same opportunities to see the ocean from the MDR, Windjammer, exterior Promenade deck, pool deck, sun (top) deck, etc., on Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis class ships.  

5 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Not any more so than Voyager and Freedom class....

You have the exact same opportunities to see the ocean from the MDR, Windjammer, exterior Promenade deck, pool deck, sun (top) deck, etc., on Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis class ships.  

Not quite exactly the same.  On Voyager/Freedom class ships, there are some windows to the outside in Cafe Promenade, Schooner, and some other bars on decks 4 and 5 whose names escape me.  Not great views, but windows nonetheless. 

The specialty restaurants on deck 11 have outside views.

Plus, Viking Crown has outstanding views and is open to all guests on Voyager/Freedom class ships.

• Like 1