For those flying into Seattle

Semi Retired

There's a free luggage valet service. It’s called Port Valet and it will allow cruise guests disembarking their ship after a cruise and heading to the airport to go “luggage free.” You don’t have to carry around luggage if your taking a post-cruise day tour or just exploring on your own around the Seattle area for the day. Your luggage heads straight from the ship to your airline at the airport and is checked in.  

Because Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (also known as Sea-Tac) and the Port of Seattle are run by the same authority, this can help expedite passenger service between the two. Thus, the group is able to offer the courtesy Port Valet service as follows. 

Passengers complete an enrollment form onboard their ship.

You'll then receive airline boarding passes and luggage tags in your stateroom or suite onboard.

The ship’s crew will pick up the luggage the night before disembarkation. Guests can look forward to a hassle-free disembarkation the next morning.

Luggage is sent from the pier to Sea-Tac Airport via a secure truck and delivered directly to the guest’s airline. So there is no need for the passenger to check those bags at the airport.  

When guests arrive at Sea-Tac with boarding passes in hand, they simply proceed to the security check-in to reach the gate.

Cruisers can track their bags at portvalet.maketraveleisier

Participating airlines include Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta, Horizon Air, JetBlue, Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines and United Airlines.

The only fees that passengers would pay would be any normal baggage fees an airline may charge for either checking a bag or excess baggage.

• Like 1

Has anyone used the Port Valet this year?  I have a flight on Southwest but it isn't until 5pm.  I thought I read somewhere that the flights needed to before 4pm.  I can't find any information on the website, it just says fill out the form on the cruise ship.

39 minutes ago, alnbrumom said:

Has anyone used the Port Valet this year?  I have a flight on Southwest but it isn't until 5pm.  I thought I read somewhere that the flights needed to before 4pm.  I can't find any information on the website, it just says fill out the form on the cruise ship.

I read something similar, but I don't remember the exact cutoff, only that there was one for SW and not for other airlines. I'm hoping someone will update this with the times for 2019. I haven't booked my return flight yet, partly because I'm waiting to see what my Port Valet options are!