Viking river ship rules on hair accessories

Viajerosfelices

I hate to open up this can of worms again, but I was poking around the MY VIKING JOURNEY for our upcoming trip in early October and found a list of prohibited and allowed items:

http://wpc.475d.edgecastcdn.net/00475D/mvj/onboard-prohibited-list.pdf

Curling irons are listed under "allowable items"!  I wonder if this is a change, or have they been allowed all along??

I recently stumbled on it as well but I thought it applied to Oceans not Rivers --and honestly on some of the older riverships in the fleet, I would still be leery of using anything other than the hairdryer supplied by Viking --but then again, I'm the one who makes her husband plug in any appliance that I think is going to spark or start when I stick the plug in the socket.

I was hoping that there was a version date at the bottom of the list but no such luck. I did notice however that there is no mention of hair dryers one way or the other.

9 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

I recently stumbled on it as well but I thought it applied to Oceans not Rivers --and honestly on some of the older riverships in the fleet, I would still be leery of using anything other than the hairdryer supplied by Viking --but then again, I'm the one who makes her husband plug in any appliance that I think is going to spark or start when I stick the plug in the socket.

I was hoping that there was a version date at the bottom of the list but no such luck. I did notice however that there is no mention of hair dryers one way or the other.

This was MVJ  for a river cruise, not ocean but--I plan to contact Viking to verify the info in that document.  I wouldn't want to crush the relief dear wife expressed when I shared this document with her!

OK--STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH!!!!

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your recent online inquiry.

Curling Irons being allowed is a very recent (and welcome!) change in the rules. Please disregard any previous info saying they are not allowed (it was correct at the time). You can bring them now!

If we can be of any further assistance at this time, please email us or contact us at 888-663-8454.

Best Regards,

Cedric McKenzie

Guest Services Department

I am now a superhero in the eyes of my dear wife  (LOL)!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1