Costa Coffee

We bought a coffee card on Oriana recently which cost £22.50 for 10 coffees so £2.25 a cup which is a 10% saving, so normal price would be £2.50.  That's for a small latte, cappuccino or Americano.  I think there are larger sizes available but I don't know the size or what they cost.

9 hours ago, HopingForFun333 said:

Hello... We have just booked our first P&O cruise and will be on on Britannia in June. We always enjoy a Costa coffee and wondered if anyone knows how much a latte is, small or medium. Thanks in advance.

Don’t know about the price but £2:50 seems about right. Don’t expect the coffee to taste the same as in UK because they use long life milk most if not all of the time. Doesn’t affect me because I drink it black but a milky coffee such as latte may take some getting used to. Probably best to buy the first one and if you like it, perhaps buy the 10 cup discount card later.

16 minutes ago, Hols4 said:

Hols 4

You also get a free cake or pastry with your coffee !

Yes, thanks for pointing that out.

It took us a while to realise that you could do that as it isn't widely known.😊

1 hour ago, kruzseeka said:

We bought a coffee card on Oriana recently which cost £22.50 for 10 coffees so £2.25 a cup which is a 10% saving, so normal price would be £2.50.  That's for a small latte, cappuccino or Americano.  I think there are larger sizes available but I don't know the size or what they cost.

A coffee card on Aurora three weeks ago was £22.00. A single cappuccino was £2.55. Both subject to Peninsular discount.

Brian

Hi...thanks everyone... It is great to know about the cakes as well...will follow your advice pete14 and try the Costa out first though..Really looking forward to our cruise and hoping it will be the first of many on the Britannia ( or possibly the Iona as that looks super too ). We usually go on R Caribbean but liked the look of the Britannia. 

Thanks again.

They only have free cakes in the main Costa bar.You can buy Costa in the Crows Nest but no free cake.Also the cakes are only available at certain times.One morning on our recent cruise a lady asked for a cookie (displayed in a jar) with her coffee and she was told she would have to order after 11 30 if she wanted one!!

You can buy as many drinks as you want on one card. They just cross off whatever you use. I think tea is cheaper than £2.20 so it's not worth while. There is a good selection of different teas in the buffet at no cost. 

Brian

Yes I usually do just use the buffet area, but oh likes an odd coffee from Costa so I go with him. We have only had a few odd ones in two week cruises. Two cards would definitely not been worth it for us. Also I thought with the tea it's probably just as easy to pay as we go.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, BrianI said:

A coffee card on Aurora three weeks ago was £22.00. A single cappuccino was £2.55. Both subject to Peninsular discount.

Brian

Interesting - just checked our onboard account and on 07/04 and again on 13/04 and we definitely paid £22.50 for a coffee card on Oriana - not much to quibble about , but I always thought that it would be standard across the fleet.

Edited by kruzseeka

The coffee sold onboard isn’t as good as going to a Costa cafe but it’s a lot better than the other coffee served that is complimentary, I always take my own with me. As regarding the cakes you must have the Victoria sandwich if it’s available, it is worth buying the coffee for on its own. I think that’s why I always return a good few pound heavier than when I arrived!

On our last Ventura cruise the latte was £2.65/M and £2.95/L, the coffee card was £22.50 which gave 10 medium latte's. 

However I thought the coffee card was being discontinued once the drinks packages start fleet wide?