Off Seaside Saturday, Just my humble opinion

theEvilQueen2

On 5/27/2019 at 11:35 AM, GOLDENBONNY said:

I was always sure that cruise ship better option than a caribbean resort ,if something happens health wise. It would be really interesting to know what they can really do or not on cruise ships. What we can expect and demand if anything happens. 

On 5/27/2019 at 10:44 AM, dznymom said:

I am so sorry to hear about your mother's dreadful experience on Celebrity.  I hope she has a swift and complete recovery!

We had a similar experience with a medical issue on a Celebrity cruise (although not quite as serious as your Mom's), and were appalled by the lack of care, followup, compassion and basic common sense.   We abandoned the cruise at the first port.  I thought ours might have been a one off, but it seems that the staff is not properly trained to handle medical emergencies.  We were also offered a healthy discount on a future cruise, but that will not be happening.  

I don't hang around the Celebrity forum posting about this.  I simply moved on to the forums of the cruise lines I will be cruising.

Sorry to hear about both your experiences. Ours was quite different on Celebrity. Husband had great Dr, blood tests, X-rays, IV and more. MSC on the other hand is the only line we have been on who refused the advance request fir extension chord and distilled water for CPAP machine. Said “bring your own”.  Not the greatest intro to 40 nights on 3 ships!

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 10:09 AM, Beamafar said:

... and Europeans aren't and don't????   LOLOL  🙄 🙄

CC rules don't permit me to share here what some crew members thought of North American guests!

And nobody really cares. Why do so many threads here break down to NA vs. Europe. Regardless of where you live you should expect a good experience for a cruise that you paid for. Obviously that wasnt delivered here.