Baltic cruise phone plan suggestions

My carrier for my iPhone is ATT.. They offer a phone plan for $60 for land use while on our Baltic cruise (under 30 days) . It includes Russia. Has anyone used this plan or do you have suggestions. Unlimited texts, 1 GB and 35 cents per minute for calls are offered. Thank you for any input!

AT&T has an international plan for $10 per 24 hr period, you only pay for the days you use this.  It’s unlimited phone calls, texts etc. so, if you need to make phone calls this may be a better choice.  If you’re only going to text and use a small amount of data maybe your phone plan is best.

6 minutes ago, suspaul said:

AT&T has an international plan for $10 per 24 hr period, you only pay for the days you use this.  It’s unlimited phone calls, texts etc. so, if you need to make phone calls this may be a better choice.  If you’re only going to text and use a small amount of data maybe your phone plan is best.

Whether it is better or not depends on how long the OP is going to be there and use their phone. If they are going to actually use the phone for 8 days, for example, it is a better deal to do the $60 plan. 

I get your point. Based on the ship, not doing a lot of navigation or other data use, the $10 per day plan might easily be the better idea. If they are super attached to their phone, and need to have on for more than 6 days, then the $60 plan works better. It would be important for the OP to think about how much they REALLY need their phone. We have the $10/day plan, and in 23 days on a land tour of Europe, used it 2 days. So $60 would have been a waste. Most people don't need their phones as much as they think they do.

13 hours ago, zumbagold said:

My carrier for my iPhone is ATT.. They offer a phone plan for $60 for land use while on our Baltic cruise (under 30 days) . It includes Russia. Has anyone used this plan or do you have suggestions. Unlimited texts, 1 GB and 35 cents per minute for calls are offered. Thank you for any input!

I used this plan last year for the Regal Princess Baltic Cruise and will do so again this year for an 18 day cruise.   The $10 a day plan does not include Russia, which is why I selected it.  It worked beautifully and I basically had my regular service every day in port.  I kept the roaming data off and downloaded only when I had wifi.  We did the $10 a day plan for my Husband.  He checked email with wifi and checked for any messages a couple of times.  I used my phone as our "local number" for contact from tour operators.  Enjoy your cruise!