Question for someone on Coral in Alaska

sunsetbeachgal

I have a good “non cruise critic” friend who is sailing on the Coral in Alaska shortly.  

She is wondering what time the traditional dining time is on the ship, since we know that 

the dining times you sign up for are often adjusted by the Maitre D.  

Also, what time are the main evening shows held?

Thank you!  

On Coral now.  It says in the Patters that early seating is 5:15 and late is 7:30.  We have anytime dining.  Main show times are 7:15 and 9:15 for tonight, not sure if it was the same every night.  

14 hours ago, jtdlmc said:

On Coral now.  It says in the Patters that early seating is 5:15 and late is 7:30.  We have anytime dining.  Main show times are 7:15 and 9:15 for tonight, not sure if it was the same every night.  

Thank you so much!  One more question if I may, is Anytime working out ok?  My only cruises where I was not pleased with Anytime were both on the Coral, Presumably because they have only two dining rooms.  I encouraged my friend to do late traditional, but the actual times are later than what they signed up for.  It was the same story on the Royal earlier this year.

enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

15 hours ago, jtdlmc said:

May I pop in to ask a question?  Years ago on the Coral they had a production show that was especially made for that ship.  I think it was called something like " On The Bayou "  Are you able to tell me if this show is still being offered.  Thank you very much and hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Cheers  Louden

On 5/14/2019 at 4:50 PM, jtdlmc said:

That means someone at the late seating cannot go to the first show and has only a slim chance of making it to the second show.

7 hours ago, caribill said:

That means someone at the late seating cannot go to the first show and has only a slim chance of making it to the second show.

Our Crown Princess Christmas cruise had the same dining and show times.  There seemed to be no problems making the shows.  We were late traditional and had no issues at all (and we never once rushed through dinner).  I think the synchronized scheduling evened out the show attendance.

We just returned from Alaska on the Coral. We had 5:15 traditional, which worked out well for us. Our meals were completed by 6:45-7:00, leaving plenty of time for evening activities. We thought the food in the DR was delicious. We chose to use Sabatini’s for our promotional specialty meal, and while the food was good, we didn’t enjoy that meal as much as we did those in the DR. The service was excellent in both the DR and at Sabatini’s.