Live from the 5/14 Caribbean Princess

Host CJSKIDS

15 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Carolyn, were you able to get the names of the bartenders at Crooners ??

I’ll take name tag pictures tonight and post them later. 

1 hour ago, Ep010835 said:

Yes and no. Caribbean Princess is definitely CB but CP refers to the Sea Princess.  Granted, all of this is a bit arcane and of limited value in "real life", but nevertheless, these are the official designations assigned by Princess 

To see this, open the link to a given ship on the Princess website and note the two letter identifiers in the web address for each ship.  

fullsizeoutput_920.jpeg

Actually it isn’t arcane info any more.  We’re also on the CB right now and I noticed that the url for the MedallionNet uses cb instead of spelling out the ship name. 

We were also among those who after initial boarding got to our cabin and were greeted with the message “Welcome (name). Access Denied.”

Not a very friendly greeting and certainly not expected! However the Housekeeping supervisor let us in. Said the issue was the timing. Something to do with official beginning of the cruise. At any rate we didn’t have to go to the PSD or get new medallions. After lunch every thing was fine. 

Edited by Crzn-Life

On 5/14/2019 at 1:50 PM, amanda384 said:

We're on the CP in July!  If you are able to post menu pictures that would be fantastic and so much appreciated.  Have a blast!

FYI,The Princess designator for Caribbean is CB.CP is the Sea Princess

7 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

They did fix the propulsion issue, and it appears a dry dock wasn't required to do so. 

And the Crown grill has always been casual dress, even on formal nights.

Casual is one thing gym shorts and flip flops are something totally different. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, memoak said:

Casual is one thing gym shorts and flip flops are something totally different. 

Exactly!!  They almost looked like a bathing suit.  

Money guy walked into the MDR the other night with a bathsuit, tank top and flip flops. They sat him!

22 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Newly recovered bar stools at Crooners 

3C89203A-47F0-433D-A0BA-F7D303740EF1.jpeg

outstanding, I can see myself sitting there in my white Valenza holding a Vesper.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BuckeyeMark said:

I'm getting on Saturday and plan to ask - very curious myself.  And I will be looking for signs of a giant hole in the side of the ship!

Lots of spray paint cans and a few drums of Bondo.  Good as new.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Onboard CP now @ Cozumel.  Walked over to the other dock and it was invasion of the Carnivalites.  3 big Carnival ships..Dream..Vista..Horizon.  The pier was a madhouse

That it was!  I have never seen Pancho’s like that. We have gotten to know the manager and he said this was just crazy. His normal bartender was home sick and the person working was falling behind. 

45 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Exactly!!  They almost looked like a bathing suit.  

Money guy walked into the MDR the other night with a bathsuit, tank top and flip flops. They sat him!

While not quite that bad recently on the Royal Princess they allowed people in the MDR at night wearing athletic gear and also teeshirts with shorts.  

Also staff at the door allowed passengers to enter the MDR as late as an hour after the scheduled time which resulted in the waitstaff having only 1:15 to serve those rude passengers before the next seating.  On the first evening late TD was delayed by up to 30 minutes & early seating passengers leaving late was the reason why.  Some post on CC if they’re unhappy with the seating time they’ll arrive when it’s best for them.  I’d expect supervisors or the maître d’ to prevent such late arriving passengers from being seated which makes the waitstaff’s jobs even more difficult.

Edited by Astro Flyer