Live from the 5/14 Caribbean Princess

Host CJSKIDS

Last year we were on the CB and the reports from other passengers were particularly harsh regarding the AC but our forward dolphin 100’s cabin was just fine. Staying in exactly the same cabin starting on Saturday and hopeful based on that experience that it’ll be fine this time as well.

8 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Temperature in our cabin is awful. But since I have some air flow and AC, I’m not complaining. So many others on board have none and I really feel for them. Sleep has been tough as it’s so warm and living in Florida I’m used to great AC. Ready to get off for this reason.  

The lack of communication from staff to those without AC has made it very frustrating for those we have talked to. I know it’s very tough for the staff at customer service because they are trying and have to be the passenger facing crew, Princess should just own the situation and let them all know what’s going on.

I hope Princess steps up immediately to correct the problem or compensate the affected passengers in some way, instead of stringing them along for days. I can't imagine getting a good night's sleep in a hot, humid cabin. Not my idea of a vacation.

My cabin was 89f at 3pm yesterday. We called Guest Services and they were very non-challant about it saying the AC was turned off for routine maintenance and would be back on shortly. Who does routine maint in the middle of the day?
At 5pm it was still 89 so we headed to the elite lounge to cool off. We ran into an officer in the corridor so I told him this might be the worst cruise I've been on and he responded with, "have a good day". I was speechless.
At 6:30pm the temp was down to 88.
At 11pm the temp was down to 78 so we called it a night. Within 10 minutes of entering our cabin, Guest Services called to apologize and to offer reasonable compensation - we accepted.
At 8am this morning the temp was 75 - a number we can live with. I had decided not to post this experience when I learned that only those passengers that complained are being compensated.
It is obvious to me that Princess has lost touch with their base and they don't seem that interested in getting it back. Had we been told up front of what was happening we would have adjusted and most of this could have been avoided. Come Back Angry.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

You don't have to give a figure, but what does this mean?

I can't picture any compensation to make me stay in a cabin above 75 at all ever. 

I am on that ship June 1st and I really hope this is fixed. I would be curious what "compensated" means? Did they give you OBC or something else? Sorry to be nosey, just trying to figure out what we are in for if things aren't fixed.. 

23 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

You don't have to give a figure, but what does this mean?

I can't picture any compensation to make me stay in a cabin above 75 at all ever. 

It was refundable and covered more than the cost of 1 day of the cruise + drinks.  The loyalty they lost can't be bought however.

• Like 1

I’m impressions of the medallion for the third time is it’s still just okay 

the much touted ocean now app still can’t find you everywhere. It keeps wanting to put me in the princess fine arts area. Nothing like the video where it shows you ordering food or a drink and getting it delivered to your chair. 

At least I don’t have to carry both the card and the medallion. 

As as I said, we got a refund for the sanctuary so I’m up top on the pool deck. Walked by there and it’s not busy like I’m used to it being on Caribbean Cruises. 

19 hours ago, Stifler said:

Onboard CP now @ Cozumel.  Walked over to the other dock and it was invasion of the Carnivalites.  3 big Carnival ships..Dream..Vista..Horizon.  The pier was a madhouse

After reading all the posts on this thread and others about the correct two-letter code for the Princess ships, I have this question----  Why not avoid any chance of confusion, especially among newbies to Cruise Critic, and just type out the name of the ship?  If you do not have time to do that, then you do really have time to be on Cruise Critic?  Please note that I spelled out Cruise Critic rather than type CC which could also stand for credit card, Club Class dining, or Captains' Circle loyalty club.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

As I’m always in the sanctuary, I don't get to see the chair hogs in action ever ,  it’s very interesting to see how many chairs have a rolled up towel and a towel yet 45 minutes later are not in those chairs. 

They have an Asian noodle bar in planks and steamers for lunch. You choose your noodle bowl (egg noodle or udon noodle). And then out whatever toppings from carrots to Asian cabbage, bean sprouts, mushrooms, chicken, shrimp, etc and bring it to the guy who ladles broth into the bowl.  Excellent, light and so fresh! Really enjoyed that. 

Edited by Host CJSKIDS
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

And yes, the world marketplace is a huge step down from the horizon court. 

I agree. We were recently back on the Crown & the good old Horizon court was so much better than the marketplace. 

2 hours ago, dearinger said:

I am on that ship June 1st and I really hope this is fixed. I would be curious what "compensated" means? Did they give you OBC or something else? Sorry to be nosey, just trying to figure out what we are in for if things aren't fixed.. 

The gave us 2 vouchers for dinner in Planks. 

Although Planks food was OK it's just not worth the torture of being uncomfortable for 10 days.  

2 hours ago, m2bell said:

It was refundable and covered more than the cost of 1 day of the cruise + drinks.  The loyalty they lost can't be bought however.

Thank you for posting, especially since if you didn’t know about compensation for the discomfort, you would not be aware of the fact that the possibility existed. We were not effected but friends were. They contacted Passenger Services yesterday so were on record with regard to the lack of AC in their cabin. After reading your post I left them a message. They were refunded one day of their cruise fare and gratuities as refundable onboard credit.

19 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I agree. We were recently back on the Crown & the good old Horizon court was so much better than the marketplace. 

The gave us 2 vouchers for dinner in Planks. 

Although Planks food was OK it's just not worth the torture of being uncomfortable for 10 days.  

No way would I consider that any kind of compensation for the discomfort of a hot cabin.  I think the only option for me would be a return of my cruise fare and flight home from the next stop.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

As I’m always on the sanctuary, I dong get to see the chair hogs in action ever ,  it’s very interesting to see how m at chairs have a rolled up towel and a towel yet 45 minutes later are not in those chairs. 

They have an Asian noodle bar in planks and steamers for lunch. You choose your noodle bowl (egg noodle or udon noodle). And then out whatever toppings from carrots to Asian cabbage, bean sprouts, mushrooms, chicken, shrimp, etc and bring it to the guy who ladles broth into the bowl.  Excellent, light and so fresh! Really enjoyed that. 

We had lunch there yesterday when they had a stir fry with similar options and it was great.

3 hours ago, nukesubsailor said:

After reading all the posts on this thread and others about the correct two-letter code for the Princess ships, I have this question----  Why not avoid any chance of confusion, especially among newbies to Cruise Critic, and just type out the name of the ship?  If you do not have time to do that, then you do really have time to be on Cruise Critic?  Please note that I spelled out Cruise Critic rather than type CC which could also stand for credit card, Club Class dining, or Captains' Circle loyalty club.

tl;dr

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was on the Caribbean in March for 2 weeks, and the AC worked great.  In fact it was too cold in most places and had to take a sweater and the cabin was always cool.  I wonder what they did to it during dry / wet dock?