Suite GTY outcome? Tell me your story.

So the price to self upgrade to a GTY Suite is 200$ cheaper than what I bid for the RoyalUp offer to win a Grand Suite.

The website is showing Junior Suites as being CLOSED. There is 1 Grand Suite, and 6 Owners Suites showing available as of 12 today. 

We sail in 18 days. I'm so tempted to pay to get the GTY suite, however I really don't want the Junior Suite, and Im concerned I'll get stuck with that. 

What are your thoughts? I know it's a gamble, just daydreaming and wondering WWCCD? 

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You would most likely get whatever is the minimum category for the guarantee.

The website does not always show the full story on inventory.

I've recently gained access to their TA booking engine Espresso, and so I have been watching my sailing EVERY DAY like a stalker, and just today all the JS have shown CLOSED I wonder why they close some and then show the rest as WTL (waitlist) It's messing with my head, and I haven't been able to use the software long enough to get a feel for how the cycle works. Thank you for your input. I guess I knew the answer, although I have heard stories in the past of people booking GTY and getting OS or even better. 

2 minutes ago, amyhphoto said:

... although I have heard stories in the past of people booking GTY and getting OS or even better. 

Sure, before the RoyalUp,  those assignments used to happen, albeit rarely.  I think the probability is even lower since RoyalUp.

7 minutes ago, amyhphoto said:

I've recently gained access to their TA booking engine Espresso, and so I have been watching my sailing EVERY DAY like a stalker, and just today all the JS have shown CLOSED I wonder why they close some and then show the rest as WTL (waitlist) It's messing with my head, and I haven't been able to use the software long enough to get a feel for how the cycle works. Thank you for your input. I guess I knew the answer, although I have heard stories in the past of people booking GTY and getting OS or even better. 

Closed simply means that they are no longer allowing TA’s to waitlist guests for that category.  It doesn’t mean that they don’t have some set aside to assign to guarantees. 

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Closed simply means that they are no longer allowing TA’s to waitlist guests for that category.  It doesn’t mean that they don’t have some set aside to assign to guarantees. 

Thanks for the explanation. 

So if you waitlist a client, when do you find out if they get the cabin? 

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Could be anytime.  

Ken, have you ever had a client waitlist a stateroom and successfully get it assigned to them?

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Ken, have you ever had a client waitlist a stateroom and successfully get it assigned to them?

I haven't yet had anyone waitlist a room (maybe our friend will be the first). From what I  see though you can only waitlist a category and not a room....kind of like a guarantee. 

I've had two experiences with GTY cabins.

A GTY suite and received a center hump JS on Oasis (even though the website showed sold out). 

A GTY balcony and received a standard OV balcony on Independence (even though the website showed sold out). 

Just because it is not for sale or available on the website does not mean they will not have a cancellation or they haven't held back cabin inventory. 

Edited by kruzerci

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I haven't yet had anyone waitlist a room (maybe our friend will be the first). From what I  see though you can only waitlist a category and not a room....kind of like a guarantee. 

Interesting, maybe the ability to waitlist a specific stateroom has been removed.  My travel agent said she waitlisted us for a specific stateroom (which we never got)  many years ago. 

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Interesting, maybe the ability to waitlist a specific stateroom has been removed.  My travel agent said she waitlisted us for a specific stateroom (which we never got)  many years ago. 

I was waitlisted and received a specific cabin but it was many years ago

18 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

It may be something you have to call to do and it could still be on the booking site I just haven't seen it. 

26 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What about if you have a JS and RoyalUp to GS+?

Of course you would get double points in that scenario.  You already had them with your original booking.  You don't LOSE any perks under a RoyalUp bid.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

You can still waitlist a client for a specific room.   I have had 1 client get the room they desired as the client knew the person who had that room was going to cancel.

Steve

6 hours ago, HicksRA said:

With the Royal Up scheme, you can bet on an assignment to a JS. Any available GS and ups will be put up for bids. 

Not sure if you’re responding to my original post but I specifically said I did not want a junior suite. 

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Why not just book the cabin you want?

I like my current cabin a lot actually. The idea of snagging a grand suite at 5700 as opposed to 7700 is appealing that’s all. It was over 10k at the time of booking, and being as this is a little girls trip I’m doing just with my daughters, I wasn’t doing that to my hubs. 

8 hours ago, kruzerci said:

I've had two experiences with GTY cabins.

Thank you for your helpful information.

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

FYI:  If you win the GS RoyalUp bid, you will not get double points.  If you upgrade yourselves to a JS, you will.

Good info thank you

15 minutes ago, amyhphoto said:

Not sure if you’re responding to my original post but I specifically said I did not want a junior suite. 

I like my current cabin a lot actually. The idea of snagging a grand suite at 5700 as opposed to 7700 is appealing that’s all. It was over 10k at the time of booking, and being as this is a little girls trip I’m doing just with my daughters, I wasn’t doing that to my hubs. 

Thank you for your helpful information.

Good info thank you

I was responding to your original post and what I’m saying is that if you upgrade to a suite gty, there’s a 99.9% chance you’ll end up with a JS and nothing higher due to the new Royal Up program. 

2 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I was responding to your original post and what I’m saying is that if you upgrade to a suite gty, there’s a 99.9% chance you’ll end up with a JS and nothing higher due to the new Royal Up program. 

Ok makes more sense to me the way it’s written this time, and it’s kinda what I was thinking too. I guess I needed to hear it from people here to talk me out of gambling with a suite GTY. I’m real happy with my cabin, it’s a 1C with a big balcony, so no matter what I’m going to be pleased, (like I said Its me and two small kids) I’ll stick with my RoyalUp bid for the GS. Thanks!