Garment Bag-carry on experience??

I have searched and searched but couldn’t find anything about this!

Can I carry on a short garment bag?  I’m thinking it will roll up or fold over to get through the scanner.  Has anyone carried on a garment bag recently???  If so, please share your experience!  TIA!

The only constraints are the measurements of the scanner. Most garment bags I have seen would fit through fine. We have brought a variety of them through the years, and never had a problem with them fitting through as carry on. If it is more than 24" wide, then I would just make sure you could keep it in a rolled position as it goes through the scanner.

• Thanks 1

Carried 2 garment bags on in 2016, in preparation for my oldest to dance on the ship one day. Had no issues with it at all. Doing the same in July when my youngest will dance on the ship. I don't foresee any problems.

If you are talking about a 1 or 2 outfit "fabric" or tailor's garment bag as opposed to a traditional garment "bag" piece of luggage that holds 3-5 outfits plus shoes and toiletries, then everything should be OK. As noted you may need to roll-up the bag, a shoelace is great for that., but I would add just so the conveyor belt does not rip it if it gets caught use a bin or two to hold it off direct contact with the mechanism.

Go to Men's Wearhouse and buy yourself an awesome garment bag called SkyRoll. It's the best $150 piece of luggage you will ever buy. It is very manageable and compact and it fits in the overhead bins on the plane just fine and keeps your shirts and suits wrinkle free.

Who ever invented it is a genius.

You can probably also find it on Amazon.

Yes, you can use a garment bag- the size really doesn't matter as long as you can fit it through the scanner at security. My friend had hers FULL (shoes, hats, her carry-on items) and they were afraid it might unroll in the scanner so they did a manual inspection, and she boarded with it no problem right after.