Our 25th Anniversary Adventure - Baja Mexico & Hawaii on the Inspiration & Splendor

Jamman54

Congratulations Jamman54 and Patti.

Very happy for you that you celebrated your  25th wedding anniversary in great style!

From hiring a car and driver to go to the airport, business class seats, two cruises and a stay on the Queen Mary, I think you did it up just right.😉👍👏

I will be looking forward to reading your posts and viewing your photos,not only of Hawaii,but Catalina Island as well.

Wishing you another 25 years together ! 🥂

• Like 2

23 hours ago, keywest1 said:

I'd like to wish you a belated Happy Anniversary 🙂  I always look forward to your reviews! 

Thanks so much! Welcome aboard! 😎

23 hours ago, DebOinKC said:

Can't wait to read more 😀

Happy Belated Anniversary!

23 hours ago, skipper918 said:

Looking forward to the usual fabulous review

Thanks! Glad to have you aboard! 😎

22 hours ago, singinalot said:

what a wonderful way to celebrate your anniversary. i’m looking forward to following along

Yes it was. Glad to have you along for the ride!  😎

22 hours ago, Webecruzen said:

Sorry your wonderful anniversary trip has ended but really happy that you have started the review.  

Hey guys! Always glad to have you along. Not seeing a September Sunrise cruise in your signature. 😡

21 hours ago, fyree39 said:

I'm so looking forward to your review!

Glad to have you along for the ride once again! 😎

20 hours ago, watermelonqueen99 said:

I have been stalking these boards, impatiently waiting for a new Jeff and Patti review! Can't wait for more!

Always glad to have you along for the ride! When is your next one? 😎

17 hours ago, deladane said:

Yay!  I've been looking forward to this review!  Can't wait to read along 😎🌴🏖️🌺🍹

Look no more! Enjoy the ride! 😎

17 hours ago, Cherrys said:

Yay! I’ve been checking regularly waiting for your review. Loving every moment!!!!

Thanks so much. Glad to have you aboard! 😎

13 hours ago, pcvtmom said:

I've been waiting for this review, Jeff!  Congrats on your anniversary and the awesome trip you planned to celebrate it! Hawaii is a bucket list cruise for my husband and me...maybe next year (fingers crossed).

Thank you very much! Enjoy the ride, and hope you get to see it live in the near future. 😎

10 hours ago, JaniceB said:

Congratulations on 25 years!  It sure is hard to go back to economy, I can vouch for that.  Looking forward this review!

Thanks so much!  We will never fly economy again! 😀

10 hours ago, kpark895 said:

Happy to see another Jamman review!  Will be anxiously awaiting further posts and pictures!

Glad to have you along for the ride! 😎

9 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Yes! I have been checking each day for this review. I'm along for the ride! Thanks for putting this together. :)

Thanks Stephanie! Glad to have you aboard once again! 😀

9 hours ago, jbhcw said:

Whoop whoop...you made my day Jeff...another fantastic review...Happy belated anniversary to you both!  Love the photos from the plane...and business class looks awesome...we've only done first class once...from RDU to Miami....and the kids let us have their seats....it was an anniversary cruise too!  It was so nice...but a short flight...LOL...can't wait to see more!  Thanks  to you and Patti for doing such splendid reviews.

Thanks so much for your kind words. Always glad to have you along for the ride! 😎

8 hours ago, schwesterellibelli said:

Happy belated anniversary to you both. And thank you for your beautiful reviews.

Thanks so much! Great to have you aboard! 😎

8 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

Happy Anniversary! Looking forward to another great in-depth Jamman review! On my most recent cruise last October, I found myself looking for you at the bar ... 😂

8 hours ago, starfish the second said:

following!!  Been waiting for ur review Happy Anniversary!

Thanks! Your wait is over! Welcome aboard.😎

6 hours ago, dreadpirate3 said:

I'm a happy camper. Thank you for sharing with us and Happy Anniversary!

Thank you so much. Enjoy the ride! 😎

4 hours ago, pghsteelerfan said:

I have been looking forward to this one for a long time!!!  We spent our 25th in Hawaii, a few months late, but we did it as land vacation to 3 islands (Oahu, Kauai, Maui) and that was a LONG flight (9.5 hours), so sure wish we could have had the business class.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what all you see/do in Hawaii (hoping you had nice weather) and I am also looking forward to seeing what you and Patti get yourselves into in CA before your cruises as well.  I really enjoy that you include your travel to and from your cruises, so no complaints about that from me.   Thanks in advance for taking the time and to Patti for taking lots of pics. 

EDITED:  Almost forgot, Happy 25th Anniversary to you and Patti and wishing you both many more happy years together. 

Thank you very much for the anniversary wishes and kind words. I can always count on you being here. Welcome aboard once again! 😀

3 hours ago, SenatorsFan said:

First, a very Happy 25th Anniversary to you and Patti, Jeff! I can't wait to hear about your cruises and the rest of your trip. We sailed on Breeze for our 25th in 2013 when she was new and like you, I had that one booked long before. We have such good memories from that cruise, as I'm sure you do, too for your cruises. 😃 I'm enjoying the pictures so far.

Heather

Hey Heather! Thank you so much. Always glad to have you along for the ride once again! 😎

3 hours ago, livinthedream99 said:

Happy 25Th Anniversary! This is on our cruise to do lists. Looking forward to following along! Thanks for sharing. 

Thank you so much! Hope you get to do it one day, but in the meantime, welcome aboard! 😀

2 hours ago, crusing_guy said:

Happy Anniversary to you both. I love your reviews.......Looking forward to sharing the journey with you and Patti......Why didn't you make Ryan bring you to the airport?

Thank you so much! Glad to have you back with us again. Ryan had to work so we let him off the hook! 😀

51 minutes ago, retiring soon said:

Hi all!

Jamman54 ~ congrats on your 25th & may you have many more happy, healthy ones.🥂

So glad to have found you so early in your review!

Looking forward to the whole story.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Thanks Jo! Just getting started so we have a long long way to go! 😀

44 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Congratulations Jamman54 and Patti.

Very happy for you that you celebrated your  25th wedding anniversary in great style!

From hiring a car and driver to go to the airport, business class seats, two cruises and a stay on the Queen Mary, I think you did it up just right.😉👍👏

I will be looking forward to reading your posts and viewing your photos,not only of Hawaii,but Catalina Island as well.

Wishing you another 25 years together ! 🥂

Thank you so much for your kind words! Thanks for following along once again! 😎

Edited by Jamman54

Thank you Jeff and Patti for the review and pictures.  We have just over 200 days until our Hawaiian cruise.  You should just about be able to wrap up your review by then😁.  We get to sail from San Diego instead of LA. 

A Happy Anniversary almost on time, relative to the 25 years you've been married.  

• Like 1

We have arrived at LAX and we are making our way to baggage claim. I had arranged for an Execucar to transport us to the Long Beach Hilton. The cost for the meet and greet package was $90, which we had prepaid. There are many cheaper transportation options, but again, we wanted to splurge a little and have a large comfortable private vehicle and someone to handle our luggage for us.

As we approached the luggage carousel we noticed a lot of drivers with signs, but none of them had our name on them. As we were pulling our luggage off, our driver called to tell us that he got caught in traffic and he would be there momentarily. Funny, these other drivers had gotten here on time. Anyway, fifteen minutes later he comes running in the door with a cart, apologizing profusely, loaded up our luggage, and led us to a nice big black SUV. All was forgiven, and soon we were on the 405 heading down to Long Beach…..

IMG_4397-X2.jpg

There was a bit of traffic so it took us about 45 minutes to reach the hotel, but we have now arrived……

IMG_4447-X2.jpg

IMG_4446-X2.jpg

IMG_4445-X2.jpg

IMG_4444-X2.jpg

Our driver handed off our bags to the bellman and he was on his way. We were able to check in right away and we were given room # 413. The bellman delivered our bags within a couple of minutes of arriving at our room. Here is where we will be staying the next four days…..

IMG_4411-X2.jpg

IMG_4412-X2.jpg

IMG_4413-X2.jpg

IMG_4414-X2.jpg

IMG_4415-X2.jpg

IMG_4416-X2.jpg

IMG_4417-X2.jpg

IMG_4418-X2.jpg

IMG_4410-X2.jpg

To be continued……..

• Like 2

Hi Jeff! Happy Anniversary to you and Patti - I'm really looking forward to your review. It's been a long time since we've been to Hawaii. I like how you booked a cruise beforehand because it was cheaper. We've done the same for our July cruise on QM2. We originally booked the 2-week crossing from Southampton to NYC because it went to Iceland and we planned to fly to England, spend a few days before boarding - and then learned that it was cheaper to book an inside cabin on the crossing the week before. So yeah, we're doing an extra cruise.🙂

• Like 1

After freshening up and relaxing for a bit, we decided to check out the hotel. Our first stop was the fitness center located on the 2nd floor…..

IMG_4424-X2.jpg

IMG_4425-X2.jpg

IMG_4426-X2.jpg

IMG_4427-X2.jpg

IMG_4428-X2.jpg

Nearby was the outdoor pool, also located on the 2nd level…..

IMG_4429-X2.jpg

IMG_4430-X2.jpg

IMG_4432-X2.jpg

IMG_4431-X2.jpg

To be continued……

Edited by Jamman54

Here are some views of the 1st floor lobby and restaurant areas……

IMG_4421-X2.jpg

IMG_4434-X2.jpg

IMG_4435-X2.jpg

IMG_4436-X2.jpg

IMG_4437-X2.jpg

IMG_4439-X2.jpg

IMG_4440-X2.jpg

IMG_4441-X2.jpg

IMG_4442-X2.jpg

IMG_4443-X2.jpg

We finished up at The Enclave, which is the hotel’s bar and restaurant.

IMG_4408-X2.jpg

IMG_4438-X2.jpg

IMG_4448-X2.jpg

We wound up having our dinner there and it was pretty good. Though it was only 7pm, we were tired so I guess the jet lag was kicking in. Back upstairs to the room for the night. We had made it to California!

Coming up next: We begin exploring Long Beach, Shoreline Village, and Husband Daycare!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sturmin said:

Thank you Jeff and Patti for the review and pictures.  We have just over 200 days until our Hawaiian cruise.  You should just about be able to wrap up your review by then😁.  We get to sail from San Diego instead of LA. 

A Happy Anniversary almost on time, relative to the 25 years you've been married.  

Thank you so much! I promise to get this done before you leave! 😀 Make sure you take notes!

19 minutes ago, nybumpkin said:

Hi Jeff! Happy Anniversary to you and Patti - I'm really looking forward to your review. It's been a long time since we've been to Hawaii. I like how you booked a cruise beforehand because it was cheaper. We've done the same for our July cruise on QM2. We originally booked the 2-week crossing from Southampton to NYC because it went to Iceland and we planned to fly to England, spend a few days before boarding - and then learned that it was cheaper to book an inside cabin on the crossing the week before. So yeah, we're doing an extra cruise.🙂

Thanks for the anniversary wishes!  I guess that great minds think alike. Glad to have you aboard once again. 😎

Add me to the list of happy campers that you have started your review. Really enjoy following along.

Happy Anniversary to you and Patti (who looks as lovely as ever).

Did you see the Grand Canyon from the plane-that’s certainly another breathtaking view.

Happy belated anniversary!! So excited to see your review, I really enjoyed one of your reviews I came across a few years ago before our last cruise. We will be going on the legend Vancouver- Hawaii- LA at the end of September (hopefully you will get through Hawaii by then!) for our belated 10 year anniversary. I wanted to wait until the youngest was at least 18 months before leaving them with grandparents.