Our 25th Anniversary Adventure - Baja Mexico & Hawaii on the Inspiration & Splendor

Jamman54

14 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Thank you for another winning blog! You and your wife’s smiles and positivity are infectious! 

That bean bag bingo seemed really fun. I love the horse races; Princess has brought them back on some of the ships.

Congrats on 25 years, and cheers to another 25 and the resulting 50th anniversary cruise blog! 😀

Thanks for your kind words. Glad you enjoyed the review. :classic_cool:

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, goaties said:

I am a lurker that reads all your reviews. i had to look and see if you were caught in the storms. i see you go 09/16. Good. Enjoy.

Thanks for checking up on us. Leaving on the 16th, back on the 29th, review shortly thereafter. 😀

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 10:39 AM, Jamman54 said:

Thanks so much for reading and your kind words! Patti and I really have no plans for our visit this time other than to walk around the town and waterfront, and look around the Market Square, Brunswick Square and City Market. Husband Daycare in Saint John is Rocky's Sports Bar in Market Square. Around Noon-ish sound good? :classic_cool:

Jim and Patti I'm so looking forward to meeting you both tomorrow at Rocky's.  I will be there just after 12:15  😀 as I am on lunch until 130.  Smooth seas  ⛴

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Jamman54 said:

Feeling a bit better now so look for our Sunrise review to begin later today. 😎

Looking forward to it Jeff...Bronchitis can really knock the sails out of you!  Glad you're a little better!!

• 11 months later...

Holy cow was this a trip!!! Love every second of it.  

First time on the Inspiration, first time on Catalina, first time on Ensenada and the second time on the Queen!

Ok now to the 4th time on the Splendor and that glorious trip across the Pacific to Hawaii. I've been to Oahu in 1970 to meet my hubby when he was on R&R from Vietnam, however, we were only married 3 weeks when he left. So I'm not remembering too much outside of the room ,(blush, blush). We went back two more times but both times flying and both times to Oahu,( I have some nice shots of the Arizona if you'd like to see them) seriously thanks for the rest of Hawaii tour!

I'm about to board the Sunrise for a b2b I believe!

Again many thanks to you and Patti for doing this.

Hugs

Nicki

11 hours ago, princess76021 said:

Holy cow was this a trip!!! Love every second of it.  

First time on the Inspiration, first time on Catalina, first time on Ensenada and the second time on the Queen!

Ok now to the 4th time on the Splendor and that glorious trip across the Pacific to Hawaii. I've been to Oahu in 1970 to meet my hubby when he was on R&R from Vietnam, however, we were only married 3 weeks when he left. So I'm not remembering too much outside of the room ,(blush, blush). We went back two more times but both times flying and both times to Oahu,( I have some nice shots of the Arizona if you'd like to see them) seriously thanks for the rest of Hawaii tour!

I'm about to board the Sunrise for a b2b I believe!

Again many thanks to you and Patti for doing this.

Hugs

Nicki

Thanks Nicki! That vacation is at the top of our list for sure. Enjoy your B2B on the Sunrise. It was a very interesting trip and was the last cruises we were on before the pandemic. Ironically, it was exactly one year ago today, September 16th, that we boarded the Sunrise. Enjoy! 😎

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, georgiacat said:

I am enjoying another great cruise with you.  I notice that you seem to only take Carnival tours.  Is there a reason, or do you take independent tours occasionally?

Thanks for reading. Usually we will take Carnival tours the first time we visit a port to get the "lay of the land " as they say. Once we're familiar with a port we will look at independent tours first. 😎

3 days and 23 pages in, I have finally finished reading your review which I thoroughly appreciated and LOVED!! It brought me great joy! What a sweet adventure you had with your bride! My husband was born in Hawaii and would really like to travel there someday. We’ve been together 26 years, married for 23- so maybe for our 25th! I am going to now read all of your reviews. I laughed a good many of times at the husband daycare 😂

12 hours ago, lensonlife said:

3 days and 23 pages in, I have finally finished reading your review which I thoroughly appreciated and LOVED!! It brought me great joy! What a sweet adventure you had with your bride! My husband was born in Hawaii and would really like to travel there someday. We’ve been together 26 years, married for 23- so maybe for our 25th! I am going to now read all of your reviews. I laughed a good many of times at the husband daycare 😂

Thanks for reading and for your kind words! If you can, do something special for your 25th. Since you are just two years away,  the time to start planning is now. Btw, I have a Husband Daycare at every destination. Patti appreciates me not being with her while she shops! 🤗

Jeff, thank you again for doing this review ! I have just finished rereading it to help pass the time as we wait for cruising to begin again. As I read your review and looked again at your pictures, it made me believe that we will sail again ! My husband and I are booked for a b2b three and four day cruise in Dec. 2020 out of PC. I only hope it will sail ! When is your next cruise scheduled ? You do a fantastic job !

2 hours ago, teacher34 said:

Jeff, thank you again for doing this review ! I have just finished rereading it to help pass the time as we wait for cruising to begin again. As I read your review and looked again at your pictures, it made me believe that we will sail again ! My husband and I are booked for a b2b three and four day cruise in Dec. 2020 out of PC. I only hope it will sail ! When is your next cruise scheduled ? You do a fantastic job !

Hope you get to sail in December. Next one for us is April 3rd on the Horizon to the ABC islands. 😎

On 6/8/2019 at 2:39 PM, pghsteelerfan said:

When we were in Hawaii in Sep. 2017 celebrating our milestone anniversary, we spent our first 5 days in Oahu and booked the same tour of Pearl Harbor through our hotel (we still have our tickets and they are identical).  I had no idea that the ramps to get onto the actual USS Arizona Memorial were damaged/being repaired, so I am so glad that we were able to get onto it.  We also saw the movie before they took us to the memorial and I am so glad they did.  My hubby and I both felt it added a personal feel to the whole experience and we felt the same way after seeing it.  When we went inside the memorial, it was almost as quiet as a church.  Many left in tears.  They day we went to Pearl Harbor was Sep. 12, a day after the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. 

I noticed you mentioned the traffic in Honolulu.  We got a rental car while we were there and were staying in Waikiki Beach (Hilton Hawaiian Village - the large building with the rainbow down the side), and every time we went out, we sat in that traffic.  Traffic was not bad once you got out of Honolulu.  We were joking that we were on vacation but sitting in the same rush hour traffic as we did at home (we're in VA, about 30 miles southwest of DC) but at least with Honolulu there was beautiful scenery and mountains to look at while stuck in traffic. 

I'm really enjoying your review and since we've been to both Maui (we stayed just north of Lahaina, in the Ka'anapali area), and Oahu so I'm recognizing several things in Patti's beautiful pictures.  We also spent several days in Kauai and really enjoyed the beauty, but didn't get to the Big Island, so I'm looking forward to a "Big Island" experience through your words and Patti's pictures.   

*I'm then assuming you are in Prince William County?  I live in Nokesville, about 5 miles west of Manassas.  I am certainly adding this excursion and destination to my must-see list for future cruises.  Thanks for adding your experience as well.

On 6/10/2019 at 8:13 PM, Jamman54 said:

Here are some views of the church grounds…..

We spent a little over a half hour there. Our final stop is going to be at the Royal Kona Museum and Coffee Mill. It will be about a twenty minute ride. Here are some views as we made our way there…..

To be continued…..

I think this leg of the trip, the big island and Kona, have been my favorite so far on your trip.  The place of Refuge and the Painted Church look really, REALLY cool.  A Hawaiian cruise had never really been on my radar......lol.  Thanks Jamman and Patty for adding this to my "to do" list! 

19 minutes ago, SingleMommaCruiser2020 said:

I think this leg of the trip, the big island and Kona, have been my favorite so far on your trip.  The place of Refuge and the Painted Church look really, REALLY cool.  A Hawaiian cruise had never really been on my radar......lol.  Thanks Jamman and Patty for adding this to my "to do" list! 

Thanks for reading! Hope you get to try a Hawaiian cruise in the future. 😎

On 9/20/2020 at 9:14 AM, SingleMommaCruiser2020 said:

*I'm then assuming you are in Prince William County?  I live in Nokesville, about 5 miles west of Manassas.  I am certainly adding this excursion and destination to my must-see list for future cruises.  Thanks for adding your experience as well.

Prince William County is exactly where we're at!  Small world.  🙂  We're technically in the City of Manassas Park but less than a mile from PWC (we're very close to Signal Hill & Signal View Roads).  I love the Nokesville area, not built up as much and hope it can stay that way.  We have friends out that way - Gainesville, Bristow, Haymarket, and Warrenton.  I'm glad my experience of Pearl Harbor was also helpful to you, it's definitely a must see.  

On 6/6/2019 at 5:05 PM, Jamman54 said:

In your Cruise Manager under Guest Details click on the edit link. There you will find a section for special occasions where you can let them know if you are celebrating a birthday, anniversary, etc.

I indicated that it was our anniversary on both cruises. I didn't do the decorations on the Inspiration, only the Splendor, which I had to pay for.

I could not find Guest Details.  Our cruise HI cruise is not until 2022 so I am living it day by day through your review. I am thoroughly enjoying each page. It will also be for our 25th Anniversary.

Edited by DANCING GRANDMOMMY
add info