Tipping Specialty Restaurants

Contemplating the unlimited dining package for $199 (hoping it goes down as we don’t sail until 4/26/20)

What do most of you do for tipping each visit at one of the restaurants? I’m also assuming the 18% is added in the beginning to the package ? TIA 

We had purchased a 3 night package on the Jewel in February and no additional gratuities were added.  We also have a cruise on the Allure in Sept, they also did not add for additional gratuities for our 3 night dining package.

2 hours ago, JimmyL said:

Contemplating the unlimited dining package for $199 (hoping it goes down as we don’t sail until 4/26/20)

What do most of you do for tipping each visit at one of the restaurants? I’m also assuming the 18% is added in the beginning to the package ? TIA 

If you are contemplating, buy it.

One of two things will happen.

The price will decrease, and you will cancel this one and rebook the new price.  Easy to do in your Cruise Planner.

The price will increase, and you will quietly smile to yourself and congratulate yourself for being so perspicacious.

I predict the latter is more likely than the former.

We purchased our UDP last Black Friday for our cruise in June as week as for our Harmony cruise which we enjoyed in January.  We did not have an 18% gratuity charge, but I did see when we were on Harmony  making reservations for the restaurants, the price was higher and 18% was added because it was booked onboard.    It appears the same 18% gratuity applies if booking a single restaurant onboard as opposed to booking online before the cruise.

When we use our plan we tip a$5 per person for lunch and $10 per person for dinner.  We have tipped more a few times when we had what I consider, extra special service.

Edited by katiel53

1 hour ago, Snit13 said:

Is this a new policy?  I normally purchase dining pre cruise and always thought tips were included.  Glad we always gave tips.

The BOGO offer for next month says on the printout that gratuities are included in the posted price , just over £30pp.