Passport Required

vinsheer

Even on closed looped cruises it looks like Virgin (Scarlet Lady) is requiring Passports. My daughter will have to obtain hers before we cruise I guess. She needs it anyway.🙂

Under Guest Obligations:

3.2.    A passport is required for a Guest to board the Vessel. In addition, upon embarkation, the Guest shall have in his or her possession, and assumes all responsibility for obtaining, all visas and/or any other travel and health documents required by any governmental authority, and if s/he fails to do so the Carrier shall have no further obligation to transport or to furnish transportation to the Guest. Proper travel documentation and eligibility to travel is required at the embarkation and throughout the Cruise. The Guest is advised to consult his or her travel agent or appropriate governmental authorities concerning required documentation for travel. The Guest shall indemnify the Carrier for all penalties, fines, taxes, charges, losses and expenses imposed upon or incurred by the Carrier due to the Guest's failure to have proper documentation or otherwise comply with applicable laws or regulations of any kind. 

• Like 1

Passports are definitely needed for Cuba.  It's possible that they will allow travel without one for Costa Maya and Puerto Plata, but it's easier to write the terms and conditions for the strictest condition.

Thanks😊 Yes, I knew of course for Cuba but our cruise is for Bimini and Costa Maya. (Closed Loop) And like I said my daughter might as well get her passport now anyway.  Wonder what would happen if she showed up with just her birth certificate and Drivers License? Yikes, in reality I would never take that chance!

On 5/15/2019 at 7:54 PM, vinsheer said:

Wonder what would happen if she showed up with just her birth certificate and Drivers License?

Like many others, that would be enough to get on board - Virgin may want to do things differently, but requiring passports for close loop cruises is not likely to be one of them.

Edited by Biker19