Silver Shadow Refurbishment

zigtraveller

All is good in the galleys, scallops in lime sauce were superb.  DW had a vegetarian dish involving mushrooms etc she enjoyed as well.

Crew is friendly, courteous and helpful

Hopefully will upload a picture of our verandah cabin below, deck 6.

IMG_0408.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, I've lost the ability to email photos from my phone to this Kindle so here are a couple taken using the Kindle camera itself which I find quite unwieldy. Maybe should buy a real tablet someday.  Poor pictures but hopefully still of some interest.

Our verandah

IMG_20191204_124205.thumb.jpg.95261d088533bc93cf76880b136d5c27.jpg

The bath

IMG_20191204_124336.thumb.jpg.65c4dd0eb18c4da8114ba0cfe4cd5b13.jpg

There is also a shower but my pic is so bad I just won't post it.

The ship and her crew are a delight.

• Thanks 1

Just a great upgrade to the original Arts Cafe concept.  Hope they do something similar on the Whisper after the World Cruise.  And, I can hardly wait to see how they execute the concept on the much bigger Moon coming online next summer.

Wonder what long time passengers will think of it being located in the middle of all of the boutiques.  It's always been pretty easy to avoid the boutiques.  Not now.  😉

My only concern is that since the Arts Cafe has become quite popular, I hope they are staffing it appropriately.  I'm not sure two Lily machines are enough. 😄

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, beaujolais said:

The new Panorama Lounge.

All new tables and chairs, new ceiling, new ceiling lights, bar redone, larger dance area and all.new carpets

I forgot to.mention that the pool area dinning tables and chairs are all new as well

IMG_20191205_124838.jpg

IMG_20191205_124908.jpg

IMG_20191205_124918.jpg

The carpet reminds me of the sandy floor of the sea which one may view through crystal clear water.

It's all quite beautiful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beaujolais said:

The new smoking area including the outside area with the outside entrance from either the pool area or stern.

Sure do appreciate you sharing all of your pics!  Looks like the chairs inside are holdovers from the previous decor.  The outdoor area looks lovely.

36 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Sure do appreciate you sharing all of your pics!  Looks like the chairs inside are holdovers from the previous decor.  The outdoor area looks lovely.

No they are all new chairs, the old chairs were all donated to various charities in Malta

2 hours ago, beaujolais said:

No they are all new chairs, the old chairs were all donated to various charities in Malta

Thanks for the correction.  I'm really surprised they went with the same brown color scheme on the chairs considering the room was refreshed in the Muse's grey palette.  Seems like they could have found a leather that would have matched the decor better.  Oh well, who cares, no big deal.

Thanks for taking the time to let me know the chairs inside are new.  Enjoy the rest of your voyage!

5 hours ago, beaujolais said:

The new Panorama Lounge.

All new tables and chairs, new ceiling, new ceiling lights, bar redone, larger dance area and all.new carpets

I forgot to.mention that the pool area dinning tables and chairs are all new as well

IMG_20191205_124838.jpg

IMG_20191205_124908.jpg

IMG_20191205_124918.jpg

Great pictures - thanks for taking the time to do this.  Is the furniture in the Bar new?  SOme pics of the fitness center would be appreciated.  Any significant change to the Observation Lounge?