Entertainment

clarets

19 minutes ago, docco said:

I've never seen a 'well known' artiste either - think pub turns and you'll be a lot nearer the mark!

We saw Sinbad from Brookside on Britannia, but that was in the Limelight at an extra charge.

Surely he counts as 'well known'..ha. 

We have seen a few 'been on X factor' stars....

In general, the entertainment is hit and miss, but we have been fortunate enough to see some excellent 'turns', as well as some terrible ones.

Andy

In the last few years I've seen Tom O'Connor (stand up comedian and Name That Tune among other shows) and Roy Walker (stand up and Catchphrase among other shows).  Sue Holderness (Only Fools & Horses and The Green Green Grass) was a guest speaker on Arcadia on a recent Med. cruise.  Probably the funniest act I've seen on a cruise and who may not be quite so well known as Messrs O'Connor and Walker is a guy by the name of Mike Doyle. He first came to fame as a contestant on Bob (Monkhouse) Says Opportunity Knocks back in 1988. I've seen him on two cruises, and not only is he a very funny man, he is no mean singer either. If you get the chance to see him, I recommend you take it. 

I’ve seen Mike Doyle a couple of times and agree that he’s very good.

I also like a comedian called Jeff Stevenson. He includes some topical stuff in his act, and things that have happened on the ship, so his routine is not always exactly the same 

We saw Bernie Flint on our TA from the Caribbean back to Southampton in March it was the highlight of the entertainment for me I remembered him from opportunity knocks and had a bit of a crush on him at the time so was super excited to see him watched both performances he was really good and really enjoyed his singing and patter very funny. When I look back I can see the attraction all those years ago he has a look of my now X husband?? 

He was really worth going to see if only for nostalgic reasons I would go again

We've also been to shows on board with Roy Walker and Tom O'Connor.  Both very good.  Lionel Blair also did a turn on our only one Artemis cruise.  Lionel did a great show where he talked about his life in showbiz and did a couple of routines.

On 5/15/2019 at 6:21 PM, Dermotsgirl said:

I’ve seen Mike Doyle a couple of times and agree that he’s very good.

I also like a comedian called Jeff Stevenson. He includes some topical stuff in his act, and things that have happened on the ship, so his routine is not always exactly the same 

Mike Doyle is a legend in his own right. 

Great guy to have in your company at the bar on a sea day.