Allure of the Seas - Deck 8 Front Room Cabins

I have not been on Allure but have been in one of these front-facing cabins on both Oasis and Harmony.

I liked them. The layout makes them seem more spacious than the "normal" ocean view cabins, and they have more wardrobe (closet) space as well (or at least that was the case on Harmony).

You just need to be careful about the sloping window if you are tall as you could easily bang your head on it. You are also asked to keep the curtains (drapes) closed at night to prevent disturbing the bridge. Also, if there is anyone out on the helipad (on these ships only by invitation) you will probably want to keep the curtains closed anyway for privacy.

It's also a looooong walk to other parts of the ship (all the better to burn off the excess calories consumed :classic_laugh:).

I would have no hesitation in booking one of these again. Our view was a bit limited because we were on deck seven. The higher up you go, the better the view.

Hope this helps. :classic_smile:

20160927_153446.jpg

20160927_153501.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you for your responses.  I was getting nervous since this is my first cruise.  

My husband and I are average height.  Thanks for the warning about the sloping ceiling.

Also, we plan on eating lots of wonderful food so the extra walking will be welcomed & much needed. :)

Do I have the right deck highlighted? Deck 8?  

We stayed in one of these cabins on Deck 7 on Allure last summer.  My wife wasn't a fan of the room because she didn't like having to close the curtains at night or during the day while she was changing.  Oftentimes, the crew would be walking in the helipad area and could see directly into the room.  

It is also a long walk from the elevators.  

One plus is that there is extra space by the window to put your luggage.

We wouldn't book this type of cabin again on future cruises.

2 hours ago, LoveTheSoul said:

I thought so, too. I will correct the pic.

The fact that you are a bit higher help will provide a bit more privacy than we had on deck 7.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For anyone who has stayed in a front-facing oceanview, did you have any problem with sea sickness? I wonder if the movement is felt more being that far forward in the ship.

7 minutes ago, abatl said:

For anyone who has stayed in a front-facing oceanview, did you have any problem with sea sickness? I wonder if the movement is felt more being that far forward in the ship.

If the conditions are causing ship movement, then the farther you get from midship, the more movement will generally be felt. 

On 6/15/2019 at 11:06 PM, Host Clarea said:

If the conditions are causing ship movement, then the farther you get from midship, the more movement will generally be felt. 

Thanks for the tip! We ended up booking deck 3 mid ship just to be safe

On 6/15/2019 at 10:55 PM, abatl said:

we were all the way forward on Deck 10 on the Allure and didn't feel the movement at all. NONE.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy