Parking Port Everglades

Duffysmom

We’re on the Caribbean Princess mid June and will be driving to the port.  Since we never parked at the port I would appreciate knowing what terminal the CP uses and where the handicap parking can be found.  Thanks

44 minutes ago, Duffysmom said:

We’re on the Caribbean Princess mid June and will be driving to the port.  Since we never parked at the port I would appreciate knowing what terminal the CP uses and where the handicap parking can be found.  Thanks

Pier 2 at the north port. Enter off of Eisenhower Blvd. There is a covered parking garage directly next to the pier. HCp parking probably on the ground floor level, but I have no 1st hand use of that area. There are elevators from upper parking decks, and I believe I remember each deck having some HCP parking near the elevators. The walk is very short from the parking garage to the pier entrance. If a passenger can not walk at all then there is a drop off point next to the ramp entrance to the pier. I would avoid this if possible as it is very crowded with cars, taxis, buses and people in this area. Here is the number for the parking information: 954-468-3680.

You can last minute verify the pier assignment by checking this Port Everglades site:

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

I understand if you are from Florida, and have a HCP Florida license plate, I don't think mirror tags qualify, you can park there for free. If you think you qualify check out the law. 

Edited by skynight

http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/cruise-terminals/terminal-2/

http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/

northport parking garage

The 2,500-space Northport garage services:

• Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center
  • Northport cruise terminals including Cruise Terminals 1 & 2

Entrance: Turn south on Eisenhower Blvd. from 17th Street Causeway, or come east on State Road 84, entering the Port and turning left at Eisenhower Blvd.

From I-595, go east straight into the Port. Follow signs for Terminals #1, 2 and/or the Convention Center.

Edited by MauiLvrs

23 minutes ago, skynight said:

I understand if you are from Florida, and have a HCP Florida license plate, I don't think mirror tags qualify, you can park there for free. If you think you qualify check out the law. 

disabled parking

parking fee waiver for the disabled  

In compliance with Florida Statute 316.1964, parking fees are waived at all Port Everglades lots and garages to disabled persons operating vehicles with ONE of the following qualifications:

• Display a Florida Toll Exemption Permit as explained in Florida Statute 316.1964 (see example below)
  • Vehicle is modified with specialized equipment such as ramps, lifts, or foot and hand controls for use by a disabled person (see example below)
  • Display the Disabled Veteran (DV) license plate issued from any state government. The DV license plate must be on the car parked in a Port Everglades lot or garage at the time of your cruise. Florida DV license plates are issued under Florida Statute 320.084 (See example below).

Parking agents will not waive parking fees for any other reason than those listed above.

To learn more about parking choices, fees and regulations at Port Everglades, click here.

For more information on disabled toll permits or to obtain a Florida Turnpike toll exemption sticker, visit the Florida Commission on the Transportation Disadvantaged website at dot.state.fl.us/ctd.

http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/disabled-parking/

Skylight and Mauilvrs, thank you both for the great information.  I never expected the instructions as to how to drive into the port which can be a headache,  now DH and I feel so much better about the trip and what to expect. Another reason to love CC and the generosity of the members. 👌