NCL has a permanent pink boat in Bermuda?

fstuff1

Well, that’s like saying when I buy cereal, I’m paying for the box it came in.  Of course I am.  The alternative is to take the public transport, which they charge a fare for.

I’m trying to figure out how this is somehow a bad thing, or how there is something to criticize regarding the NCL shuttle.

Edited by graphicguy

22 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Well, that’s like saying when I buy cereal, I’m paying for the box it came in.  Of course I am.  The alternative is to take the public transport, which they charge a fare for.

I’m trying to figure out how this is somehow a bad thing, or how there is something to criticize regarding the NCL shuttle.

I never said it's a bad thing. My point is that we shouldn't attribute it to some type of benevolence toward its passengers on NCL's part that somehow got the government of Bermuda to provide free ferry service for NCL passengers. 

1 minute ago, njhorseman said:

I never said it's a bad thing. My point is that we shouldn't attribute it to some type of benevolence toward its passengers on NCL's part that somehow got the government of Bermuda to provide free ferry service for NCL passengers. 

Not benevolence, per se....but NCL had to buy that ship.  From the looks of it, that was not a cheap purchase.  Plus, they had to refurb it, another expensive proposition.

They have to be competitive in the Bermuda cruise marketplace, so if they raised fares to Bermuda as a result, I haven’t noticed the change (and I look at Bermuda often as it’s one of my favorite ports).

Is it the cost of doing business there?  Sure.  I don’t see any other line that docks there offering shuttle service outside of the one available to the public (that has a fee associated with it).

NCL is a for profit entity....as are all the other lines.  Sometimes their changes (and the associated costs) deserve critiquing.  This ain’t one of them.

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

NCL is a for profit entity....as are all the other lines.  Sometimes their changes (and the associated costs) deserve critiquing.  This ain’t one of them.

You continue to misunderstand what I"m saying. I'm not critiquing NCL at all. I'm debunking a BS story that claims NCL got some type of concession from Bermuda for free ferry service.

Let me try to explain ONE more time. I was  on the line to purchase bus tokens at the dockyard, the lady behind me who was sailing ON celebrity and I started talking about the ferry to St Georges. I told her that NCL provides a ferry for free to St Georges. Her response was " Celebrity charges us for their ferry to St Georges ".  

59 minutes ago, shout19661966 said:

Let me try to explain ONE more time. I was  on the line to purchase bus tokens at the dockyard, the lady behind me who was sailing ON celebrity and I started talking about the ferry to St Georges. I told her that NCL provides a ferry for free to St Georges. Her response was " Celebrity charges us for their ferry to St Georges ".  

The lady told you wrong. There are public ferries to St. George owned by the government of Bermuda that charge all passengers. There is the NCL ferry to St. George owned by NCL which is free for NCL passengers. There is no Celebrity ferry.  Celebrity does not own, lease or operate a ferry. Is that clear? 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The lady told you wrong. There are public ferries to St. George owned by the government of Bermuda that charge all passengers. There is the NCL ferry to St. George owned by NCL which is free for NCL passengers. There is no Celebrity ferry.  Celebrity does not own, lease or operate a ferry. Is that clear? 

Couldn't have said it better myself. :classic_smile::classic_cool: